3-quart radiator

hittman

Of course you wouldn't use it, but I have several in use now. It does bolt right in, ask anyone that has one. That bung will work for our stock thermsistor (no need for 2 with an aluminum), or it can be adapted for a cheaper, more available switch. What is the point of using a worn out 20 year old fan unit that is prob. part of the problem with the overheating in the first place. Stock hoses fit, and if I know the fans in advance ( I can get a 2950 cfm single unit), I will have the brackets made for no hassle installation.

Customization welcome, and I will even provide you with the ph# to the shop if you would like to converse with them.

Take the bashing elsewhere.

JR

http://usera.imagecave.com/jolyrgr/star-orion/IMG_0672.JPG

Edited by jolyrgr

JR. Are these radiators larger volume? Also, $525 seems extremely high from what I've seem advertised. What is your price? I was seeing between $300 and $350 or so shipped. I'm in agreement with you on using the old fans. So how much info soul you need to set me up with a more reliable after market fan? Feel free to call and discuss 8168987467. Or pm me with your number so we can move on this. Otherwise I guess I will call a guy named Kelly with *DM. Apparently I missed his info on the site. Lemme know what you think. I appreciate the help so far.

Hitt

3 Quart?????????

Dad

I have a radiator that holds more than 3 quarts that I'll sell cheap! :hmm3grin2orange:

All kidding aside, don't say a radiator won't bolt-in unless you have tried it yourself. We need to be much more careful when presenting pros and cons to a product. Especially when it is offered as a bolt-in and has been successfully installed in several applications.

The Star-Orion radiator is a proven model. I doubt the fans would ever come on when driving. Only in heavy traffic or heavy boosting. These cars need better fans for many reasons, so I don't recommend choosing a radiator based on using the stock fans.

1. They are old technology and a single new fan will outflow all of them and draw less amps to do it!

2. The old fan motors are exactly that, old and drawing more amps to heat up the alternator and reduce it's longevity.

3. Take apart the pancake motor housing in one of your fans. You will find more dirt, bugs and junk than you thought could fit in there. I cleaned mine out but they still draw more amps than I feel comfortable with. I added up all 3 fans and it was 30+ amps cold!

4. The old fans are heavy, heavy, heavy for no apparent reason. New fans are super light compared to those.

If it were me, I would go with the Star-Orion aluminum radiator. Look how huge it is! If that thing fits in there, I want it myself! I wonder if there is a GP on the way for those?

There is a post at the 26liter.us site on these if anyone is interested.

HERE

You may have to register, but it is a resource that every Star-quest owner should have anyway.

Thanks,

JR

EDIT: I have started a feeler thread HERE due to the inquires I have had lately.

Edited by jolyrgr