Your stance on the drug war

Szester

Why don't we just let everyone do what they want to. Illegal, legal or not. And see what kind of a society we end up with??? Would I carry a gun everytime I walked out my door??? Sure as s--t I would.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the next time your doing something illegal (Like getting stoned on pot) and someone breaks into your house, and you don't have a way to defend yourself....... Call your pot supplier for help. Don't get me wrong. I've done all kinds of drugs. But when the chips are down, and you need help in a serious situation..... Who do you call??? The police, MAYBE ?? Legalize it? Hell no. Some of you say that others have a problem if they can't just smoke pot and not go on to other drugs. Look at alcolholics. Hey, Some people can drink and not exceed their drinking to the point of being out of control, others can't. So are we basing the legalization of pot on the few who say they are fine smoking one joint or one bong hit or the others who get to the point of really being F--ked up??? I've been been there and done that. So I know what I speak of.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Why don't we just let everyone do what they want to. Illegal, legal or not. And see what kind of a society we end up with??? Would I carry a gun everytime I walked out my door??? Sure as s--t I would.

CALIBER 308

Caliber - you mean you don't carry all the time?

Had me fooled.. j/k

Caliber - you mean you don't carry all the time?

Had me fooled.. j/k

You need a special permit to carry a concealed weapon in Montana. They don't pass them out like candy. You can carry a loaded pistol on your side as long as it's visable. It is legal here to have a High powered loaded rifle in your truck, as long as it is visable (like in the rear window) Hell here in Montana I feel safer than I did in So. Cal. During the riots after the officers trial in the Rodney King fiasco, I had a loaded AK-47 in the backseat of my car (illegal). Better safe than sorry. When people shoot at a Police Station appox, five miles away from your home.....Your on your own. No joke.. It happened when I lived in L.A.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I was in jamaica took one of these

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Magic_Mushroom.jpg/90px-Magic_Mushroom.jpg

Never laughed so hard for 6 hours in my life.

I used to mountain bike a lot as a teenager and we would smoke a little on the trails. A lot of self reflecting moments in the forest with a little dugout of ganja. People seek a form of escape from 'stress' and possible a lack of proper guidance or leadership as someone else said could lead people to find ways (Drugs) to compensate. If that is true I hope people find the least harmful escape that suits them.

From Genesis -1-11

11And God said,(H) "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants[e] yielding seed[Ganja], and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth." And it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed [Ganja]according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

So god gave me Ganja on the third day - Puff Puff Pass!

Edited by Dcrasta

I was in jamaica took one of these

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Magic_Mushroom.jpg/90px-Magic_Mushroom.jpg

Never laughed so hard for 6 hours in my life.

I used to mountain bike a lot as a teenager and we would smoke a little on the trails. A lot of self reflecting moments in the forest with a little dugout of ganja. People seek a form of escape from 'stress' and possible a lack of proper guidance or leadership as someone else said could lead people to find ways (Drugs) to compensate. If that is true I hope people find the least harmful escape that suits them.

From Genesis -1-11

11And God said,(H) "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants[e] yielding seed[Ganja], and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth." And it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed [Ganja]according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

So god gave me Ganja on the third day - Puff Puff Pass!

So where did God say POT???? Your using a quote from the bible that could or could not mean anything. Where in the bible does it say "Ganja"?Do you want a society of pot smokers ruling us ?? GET REAL !!! I wouldn't want a bunch of drinkers doing it either. Some people interpret things the way they want to. All I can give to this post is my experiences with drugs. Take that as you may.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Boys boys boys. You are talking about prohibition. Prohibition does not work. <---period.

It doesn't pass muster when applied to firearms, does it now?

Why? If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns. Right?

Can't you be consistent?

There is another option that is kind of a compromise.

You dont legalize it, but you decriminalise it.

Amounts for personal use could be a misdemeanor that is rarely enforced. Like jay-walking.

Its a lot easier to start with the punishment than to completely make it legal.

Then if the whole country doesn't completely collapse because of the personal use...it will become one of those laws (like cohabitation) that never

gets enforced and is eventually erased from the books. If the opposite happens then the punishment laws can easily be adjusted back to what people think will work best given the current situation.

I'm for legalizing all non-prescription drugs. If people want to get high it's their life. If they want to kill themselves so be it. If they harm someone while under the influence arrest and kill them. Plain and simple. I have no time for violent criminals nor do I want my tax dollars supporting them in prison. Kill'em all. Edited by marso

There is another option that is kind of a compromise.

You dont legalize it, but you decriminalise it.

PDX, Get with the program. It is already just a fine in most states if you have a ounce or less in your possession. $100.00 fine, no arrest. Just a ticket. If I have a open container of booze in my possession in my vehicle it's the same fine in Montana.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

correct.

pot: decriminalized in the state of ohio = $100 fine

bowl used to smoke the pot : NOT decriminalized in the state of ohio = $500 fine, 30 days license suspension, and possibly 10 days in jail.

now you tell me how thats decriminalized?

that would be first hand knowledge there.

Well im a victim of the drug war. My friend and I were on our way to go snowboarding and had smoked a joint on the way. We get pulled over by a state patrol officer who instantly says who has the weed. So long story short we end up giving him our stash which even both us together still had less than the felony amount, and then they give me sobriety tests. Obviously being jerks who like to be control freaks they try to give me a DUI but I pass all their ridiculous tests. Now i have court on friday for two misdemeanors one for possession of marijuana and one for possession of paraphernalia. Im not against smoking weed and this isnt going to change my mind at all. On the lighter side though im gonna have more money to spend on my starion since i wont be able to buy pot because i will most likely be on probation.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

-Hunter S. Thompson

correct.

bowl used to smoke the pot : NOT decriminalized in the state of ohio = $500 fine, 30 days license suspension, and possibly 10 days in jail.

So...... petition your state representative to decriminalize Pipes,Bongs and Smoking stones ???? You were smoking the s--t correct??? So, if you had Pot smoking paraphenaila, it's on you. Maybe from now on you will just smoke joints. Rolling papers don't cost $500.00.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

So...... petition your state representiatve to decriminalize Pipes,Bongs and Smoking stones ????

CALIBER 308

Use papers or dutch masters?

And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants[e] yielding seed[Ganja], . And God rolled a dutch puffed, and then God saw that it was good. After-wards, god had the munchies and ate nuts and strawberries. And there was evening so God took a nap, and there was morning wake and bake with cereal and pop-tarts, the third day.

Edited by Dcrasta

That fact that tommy chong was thrown in the slammer for owning a company that sold glass bongs or glass art that can be used as a bong is ridiculous.

People use rolled up dollars to snort cocaine, are they going to arrest bankers...it just ridiculous. What if people primarily used tobacco pipes for illegal drugs, are they going to ban them too.

Well im a victim of the drug war. My friend and I were on our way to go snowboarding and had smoked a joint on the way. We get pulled over by a state patrol officer who instantly says who has the weed. So long story short we end up giving him our stash which even both us together still had less than the felony amount, and then they give me sobriety tests. Obviously being jerks who like to be control freaks they try to give me a DUI but I pass all their ridiculous tests. Now i have court on friday for two misdemeanors one for possession of marijuana and one for possession of paraphernalia. Im not against smoking weed and this isnt going to change my mind at all. On the lighter side though im gonna have more money to spend on my starion since i wont be able to buy pot because i will most likely be on probation.

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

-Hunter S. Thompson

This falls into the category of "putting yourself in harms way". I got searched numerous times and had several bongs smashed by angry cops - but never got busted. So we all learn at our time. Even today I get a bit tweaked when a cop rolls in behind me but I carry nothing.

Use papers or dutch masters?

And God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants[e] yielding seed[Ganja], . And God rolled a dutch puffed, and then God saw that it was good. After-wards, god had the munchies and ate nuts and strawberries. And there was evening so God took a nap, and there was morning wake and bake with cereal and pop-tarts, the third day.

I'm with this guy.

Do you want a society of pot smokers ruling us ?? GET REAL !!! I wouldn't want a bunch of drinkers doing it either.

CALIBER 308

Cal, how do you know we don't have a bunch of pot heads ruling us?

There are no drug testing policies in place for Gov't officials.

Obama has admitted to using pot and cocaine.

Clinton "didn't inhale" - yeah right.

Bush Jr was allegedly arrested in 1972 for cocaine possession, I could go on and on.

Now there is no question that most politicians love to drink.You think that doesn't effect their decision making? Just like the lobbyist's piles of cash doesn't have any effect on law making - of course it does. I don't want a drug riddled society any more than you but we have to give responsible adults the benefit of the doubt don't we?

It's always a few bad apples that ruin the bushel.

When I saw "DRUG WAR" I thought you were referring to the mexican drug wars from Mexico, texas, new mex, and here in Az...

kinda off topic from "yalls discussion", but its bad over here, tuscon, nogales, ect..... Towns are gettin wiped out, MANY ppl are gettin be-headed, ect.... The other week near tuscon a Sgt from my shop was hunting, and ran into some blood saturated dirt, and 3backpacks full of dope.....

But these happenings get NO media coverage....

hmmmm,

Edited by soulja620

Stance on drug war... Well so far we have just been talking about the legalization of marijuana which is generally the main source of the drug problem. I have been very disturbed about this issue in the past couple months. My stance is that marijuana should be legal and that there should be an effort to control drugs that are actually harmful. Americans have been lied to about marijuana since day one... and I'm sure everyone already knows this, so I don't want to go on a rant about the huge misconception that most people have about the plant. I get sick and tired of this gateway drug nonsense and the term "pot head" is very disturbing. There is a difference between people that have knowledge of the difference between actually harmful drugs and marijuana. Someone may use marijuana but with proper understanding they aren't going to have any desire to use other drugs. Lazy people are lazy regardless of marijuana... its the character of the person that defines them, I know plenty of lazy people that don't even know what marijuana looks like.

We drink coffee in the morning to get us going and a couple beers in the evening to take the edge off after work. I would love to be able to smoke a bowl and sit down to watch a good movie on a Saturday night. If pot were legal, maybe they would sell different strength. I quick almost 20 years and the pot was getting too strong to enjoy then. I can't even imagine what it is like now. Smoke a joint? Two hits out of a dugout is about all I'd be able to handle.

Random thought: What does smoking pot do to a person with ADD?