18 members have voted

1. 1. SATURDAY MARCH 21ST IT IS .

• March 7th
    • March 21st

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as of now im going. Not sure which car yet. Will know that after this weekend. Anyone wanting to meet from the york area to caravan down let me know. Not sure about the time yet for everyone to meet but we can all work that out. Think its a 4 to 5 hour drive from york, pa so im thinking about leaving around 5am and get there between 9 and 10

Guest Kenmarrow
as of now im going. Not sure which car yet. Will know that after this weekend. Anyone wanting to meet from the york area to caravan down let me know. Not sure about the time yet for everyone to meet but we can all work that out. Think its a 4 to 5 hour drive from york, pa so im thinking about leaving around 5am and get there between 9 and 10

Hey I am in your sister city York ,SC.. About 4 hours south of Dinwittee VA. If things work out I will stop in at the meet. I will be there with my brother for the Chassis certification and getting his car race ready.. I will bring the Figi.. It's 4 sale! Bring money! Laters Ken

MD,DC,PA,& VA Time for a Roll Call

We are 2 weeks away. A head count will help determine where to meet for the caravan to Scotty's event. If interested please add your name with the area your leaving from. A meeting place will be posted Thursday March 19 based on the list at that point. Thanks

Members driving from North to South

Busdriver (Baltimore)

ZoSo (Martinsburg)

I'll be taking 81 to 66 to 95. I plan on leaving around 6, which puts me down in Petersburg around 10am.

Sweet Keith has agreed to drive the grill and supplies in the truck so we will have a good time . We have had plenty of response this year Id liek to see as many of you all show up this year as possible I have a good feeling the weather will cooperate we have already seen 82 degrees here this week .

i am trying mt best to get mine ready to come. All i really have left is fixing the front brakes and putting my interior back together so I can test drive it and make sure all is good. My brake guy was supposed to fix the brakes 3 weekends ago,2 wednesdays ago,2 weekends ago, last wednesday, last weekend and this wednesday. Brakes are not even touched yet and i have birthday party and my kids this weekend. I am going to be so pe'od if i cannot go because he has not fixed my brakes.I wish I had someone close to here that could come by and help me with the brakes and get this thing tested and tuned so i can drive it next weekend. : (

Yeah but this weekend isn't supposed to be so nice. I'll be cuttin it close but I'm still trying to havet he car ready and going for the meet. Otherwise I guess I'll be up in one of the bugs either mine or hers.

Are you still monkeying around with the brakes? I may ride by to see if there's anything tha tI can do to help.

Hit me up, we can caravan up there, if you drive your Quest. No way that the Woo-Ride could cruise with you, while you are in the Bug. It would go crazy.

ok brake man supposed to be here sunday. couple questions. where can we pay the $10 to you Scotty?Is the offer still there for me to hang out Friday night at your place Scotty? Ok I have been talking alot with one of our new members here Ironside, He is a great guy and everyone should give him a great big ole howdy Doo. He is in Danville, and is really thinking about coming over to the meet with his son and father. His car will not be ready by then and if he is there he will probably have another truck to haul stuff in. How much is it to get in to the event and how much to run your car? I ahve tried the link and it will not work and even did a search and the link there is bad too. Ironside also will be looking for some parts that can be brought to the meet for his car too.possible parts are lightened flywheel,stage 2 clutch,1g mas,hardpipes,marnel or HP head,parts to rebuild mildly modded engine etc.. He is very interested in getting to know everyone and to become a part of our happy family. let him know if any of you can help him out.

Looks like it might get a little crowded next weekend. they just cancelled the test and tune for this weekend and offered anyone to come back for $10 next weekend

hey if your car runs quicker than 13.99 you have to wear a helment. think i need to bring one?

Edited by Strickdawg

you guys have fun

Now that i work in nuclear power and outage season is march/april october/november its hard to make these meets.

i miss them so much!

Monty you SUCK!!!!

I finally get my car ready to kick your butt and you are gonna be a no show... LOL Dont be scared it will only hurt for a minute.. LOL

I think you should be "cough" "cough" (whats that you dont sound good think your coming down with something maybe you should call in sick)...

We are going to miss you this year. Hope All is well and your car is coming around. Maybe next year I can spank your car.... Later James

If anyones name has been off the front list let me know, I have also been busy with work and the like but somehow have the luxury of making the plans for this event and push everyone to bring what they got and run what they brung .

It has been a privelage to have been fortunate enough to not have given up on my car and have/host a meet here (weather permitting) for the last 9 years even though id have to say that edde and DC rasta are about the only ones that have been on the scope since the beginning , many have come and gone . Patti has helped every year by getting all of the supplies together for the event.

Weather is looking to be good for next saturday zip code 23803 onthe 10 day forecast .

If we get rained out or shut down I would expect we could barbeque here .

Lets do it .

ok cards are stacking against me again.working on brake repair in pouring rain right now. front passenger wheel had lots of play in it. we changed wheel bearings and put back together. wheel still has play in it now, not good. does nayone have a set of front hubs they can overnight to me, so i can fix this on wednesday? if so how much to raleigh nc 27609

Well i am in for sure so add my name down. Which car im still not sure on. Did some work to it this weekend and it runs much better but im still not sure as i have not driven it that far. I would really hate to get half way there or almost there and it break and with the cash flow now not be able to fix it.

I believe its 12.00 for general admission , and 26-30 to race ( includes 1 admission)

I may very well NOT be cooking this year rather rely on supporting the snack bar for food ( use the 10 bucks I wont be collecting if so ) , I will supply 2 cases of sodas , Mountain dew and pepsi etc , it wont hurt my feelings if you all bring a bag lunch or bag of chips to pass around.

Bring a folding chair, we usually sit together and talk between drag runs , I have some floor space for anyone that wants to come friday night .

PM me if you need to know more I am not keeping up w this thread .

GTX I will see it and believe it when I see it . You can bet we will have a good time I hope nobody busts nothing but thats the name of the game when u go fast .

can I get a w00T ?

Edited by scotty

Well looks like the 'quest isn't coming this year. That bolt refuses to come out and I've tried EVERYTHING to get it out. If I can't get the brakes changed, I can't get it inspected, and therefore can't drive her yet again.

If anyone has a brake pad bracket they can spare I might be able to pull it off but as is the car's down for yet another year... Owned the thing for 3 years now and it's been OOC for over 2 of those 3... Not such a hot track record...

woot woot. scotty i will be there with bells on lol. i definately will need a place to lay my head friday night. as for the quest, it is looking grim that i will have her there. took it for test drive and front brakes are still sticking and heating up. so looks like it may be the dodge gran caravan baby

im there add me to the list. but i won''t be bringing my conquest due to the motor is sitting on the engine stand. but ill be rolling there on the big dodge truck, with my kids, and my dad. if you need any help holling anything send me a i.m.

:( well if someone will come over and fix my brakes for me, I will drive mine. Guy was supposed to be fixin them for last 5 weeks and waitied till this weekend to come over and it rained all weekend. came back last night and brakes still not right. Supposed to come back tonight and finish them and no show. Brakes are all that is holding mine up. Sorry guys. I really wanted to bring mine so I could test out all the new goodies I have and actually see what it does in the 1/4. :hangman: