Migraines

ColdScrip

Any of you get these? Currently having one as I sit here wondering why I have been cursed with such a horrible thing.

You're asking a board full of predominately men about something women use as an excuse to not have sex?

Now, have I gotten a severe headache before? Yes. Usually a really hot shower clears it up.

sinus headaches that turn to migranes(rarely)and tooth aches(abcess) are about the only thing that takes me down.

Kidney stones however are a different ball game.MAN BABY.

I passed one new years day this year.Didn't realize that was the problem till I felt it pass its way out.Hardly had trouble with them since I got divorced from evil woman and took up beer drinking.Had so many before I hardly sweat it anymore.Grab some beer and flushem out.

A few years ago I had one the size of a 9mm slug.Had to get it pulverized and got lots of morphine.

my mom has bad migraines. Doctor calls them cluster migraine...since the move around your head.

They say they're suicidal...but, she pulls through. Her best defense is sleep...doctors don't really have anything to do for her other than Tylenol Migraine...which doesnt work.

She gets them about twice a year...hope yours aren't that bad.

my mom has bad migraines. Doctor calls them cluster migraine...since the move around your head.

They say they're suicidal...but, she pulls through. Her best defense is sleep...doctors don't really have anything to do for her other than Tylenol Migraine...which doesnt work.

She gets them about twice a year...hope yours aren't that bad.

I feel very bad for your mother. I do not get cluster migraines, but I could only imagine how bad they must be for her. I have yet to take any kind of medication that has made a significant difference in my migraines. I actually took off work today to get a bunch of college work done. As soon as I got off the phone with my boss, I started to get auras. Auras are essentially what some people with migraines get before the migraine strikes. Your vision becomes partly blurred out. Similar affect to when you look at the sun then try to look at something. I normally puke with migraines as well.

Also Fanta, trust me I have different excuses to not have sex with you. A severe headache is an understatement. If you have one, you'll know. My day is instantly ruined once I get one. Sleep is the only thing that helps. At times you will do anything to make the pain go away. That is why I feel bad for people with cluster migraines. A google search will fine people contemplating suicide because their migraines have lasted for over a week. When I read those stories, my one day migraines don't seem anywhere near as bad.

The cluster headaches are the worst. That's actually what pushed me to go to the doc. He referred me to a neuraligist, who prescribed me topamax (I think that's how it's spelled) as a preventative. He gave me another two prescriptions for when I actually get a migraine that helps stop it.... partially because it knocks my tail out. One of 'em is Floroset (I know I'm off of the spelling of that one). Sleep is the best thing to do if you have one... but the most important thing is the second you feel like you're getting one, take something. If you don't start on whatever works for you ASAP, you don't stand a chance.

I feel very bad for your mother. I do not get cluster migraines, but I could only imagine how bad they must be for her. I have yet to take any kind of medication that has made a significant difference in my migraines. I actually took off work today to get a bunch of college work done. As soon as I got off the phone with my boss, I started to get auras. Auras are essentially what some people with migraines get before the migraine strikes. Your vision becomes partly blurred out. Similar affect to when you look at the sun then try to look at something. I normally puke with migraines as well.

Also Fanta, trust me I have different excuses to not have sex with you. A severe headache is an understatement. If you have one, you'll know. My day is instantly ruined once I get one. Sleep is the only thing that helps. At times you will do anything to make the pain go away. That is why I feel bad for people with cluster migraines. A google search will fine people contemplating suicide because their migraines have lasted for over a week. When I read those stories, my one day migraines don't seem anywhere near as bad.

It may be worthwhile to get some different meds. Thats what I hate about these....its all trial and error. You try some type of medication and see if it works. I took imitrex once and it made the migraine about 3x as bad. I tried all kinds of painkillers to no avail. I just tried Midrin this time and it didn't do much. After all that you begin to lose faith in what the Dr's prescribe to you.

I have never had a migraine, but I get Spinal headaches all the time. I use heat and ice on the back of my head. mostly ice. my headaches start at the base of my neck and shoot into my right eye. talk about blinding pain. literally. but i would suggest ice. it is free and can at least slow the signals of pain.

my headaches are caused by an injury, and may be the exception, but hey, it is worth a try considering the price.

I imagine I could give someone quite the migrane by thwaping them in the head with this clipboard.

Yes, it's bullet proof B)

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7545/dsc02326cd7.jpg

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1828/tnshot1pn4.jpg

9mm, 22, 38 shells shot at it.

caffine is supposed to help a migrain, check it out ;) . it's the main ingredient excedrin migrain. the wifie gets em about twice per year and says that's the only thing that really works for her.

Oddly enough Excedrin Migraine has given me an allergic reaction and my throat started to close. Still have no idea what I was allergic to in it. Not allergic to much.

i am sadly a victim of migraines. i get at least two a month and they can sometimes make me curl into a ball in pain. usually mine are followed by nasia and then i usually get sick. then for some reason after i vomit i feel better like the pressure has been relieved.

i started getting them when i was about 13yrs old and i am 34 now so i have had them for a while now. they are usually short headaches though thank god, like i said after i get sick i almost always feel better instantly.

i often do thing to make my self feel more sick to my stomache when i get them. for instance if i stand up fast it might make me more sick, or sometimes just laying flat on the ground works. the faster i can make myself throwup the faster the pressure will be relieved.

i have never found anything that you could say " triggers" them. although sometimes i think STRESS can be a key factor cause when i am more stressed i get them more often.

i am sadly a victim of migraines. i get at least two a month and they can sometimes make me curl into a ball in pain. usually mine are followed by nasia and then i usually get sick. then for some reason after i vomit i feel better like the pressure has been relieved.

i started getting them when i was about 13yrs old and i am 34 now so i have had them for a while now. they are usually short headaches though thank god, like i said after i get sick i almost always feel better instantly.

i often do thing to make my self feel more sick to my stomache when i get them. for instance if i stand up fast it might make me more sick, or sometimes just laying flat on the ground works. the faster i can make myself throwup the faster the pressure will be relieved.

i have never found anything that you could say " triggers" them. although sometimes i think STRESS can be a key factor cause when i am more stressed i get them more often.

Almost sounds like something your eating, but its next to impossible to narrow down why one person has a migraine. I feel for you. Have you tried taking vitamins such as magnesium, CoQ10, B2?

geting releaf after throwing up could be heart relate'd ,,best check into that

if you want to feel good try nitro patches for a year and then 18 months at a streach :)

some times you may also see aroria's spots in the eyes , just befor the onset of a migrane , thats the time to lay down and take a pill

I get migranes to the point of chronic motion sickness. I have since found a med that works, but before that the episodes could last for up to 5 days. I agree with the "sleep is the best medicine" prescription here, but I always keep the 800mg Motrin on hand for a time that I feel the onset of a headache.

The key to controling is to find a Doctor that is dedicated to finding the cause or at least the right remedy.