4.3/th400 turbo Syclone engine swap

LEPORE

i will probably route the DP thru the wheel well, there is not much room left to fit it between the engine and frame. a while back i found a couple of pics of exhaust running thru the wheel well but dont remember the car or owner. anyone know who has done this?

Chad did that.

http://webpages.charter.net/catsamuel/DCP00786.JPG

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a little more work done today... :D cut a 3" hole in my right side inner fender for the exhaust :eek1bluegreen:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1513/picture077rzv.th.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/589/picture076o.th.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6857/picture074zco.th.jpg

that side exhaust is SWEEEET!

Looks great man. Cant wait to see some video of this thing doing a burnout....Whats your realistic hp goal? You using the factory ecu and injectors?

Edited by BOHO

Looks great man. Cant wait to see some video of this thing doing a burnout....Whats your realistic hp goal? You using the factory ecu and injectors?

factory ECU with a chip to run up to 25psi with a 3 bar map sensor. turbo upgraded to a 20g. sticking with the stock injectors for now, there good to 500hp.

shooting for 400hp to the wheels and over 500 torque. starquest's are about 500-600 lbs lighter than a syty.

gonna need some sticky tires.....LOL

factory ECU with a chip to run up to 25psi with a 3 bar map sensor. turbo upgraded to a 20g. sticking with the stock injectors for now, there good to 500hp.

shooting for 400hp to the wheels and over 500 torque. starquest's are about 500-600 lbs lighter than a syty.

gonna need some sticky tires.....LOL

Sweet deal man...and since its the factory ecu chipped...isn't it going to be plug and play 400-450 hp with minimal tuning needed? Thats reallly nice man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

update... finally got the wirring done, i hope. anywho, all that's left is the d-shaft and exhaust.

i bought an Ultimate chip off of Ebay and to my surprise the guy sent me an ultimate chip and a phil long chip.. :woot:

nothing like getting a freebie!!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9871/ultimate001.th.jpgphil long left/ultimate right

i had to upgrade my injectors to 50# injectors and send one chip off for a reburn ($25). as soon as i get it back i'l get the ecu mounted. hopefully i will get her fired up tues or wend of next week :sweatingitout:

i am sure there will be a few problems to work out once i get it started. should have the d-shaft done by then aswell, then off to to the exhaust shop.

i see the light at the end of the tunnel :party0049:

update... finally got the wirring done, i hope. anywho, all that's left is the d-shaft and exhaust.

i bought an Ultimate chip off of Ebay and to my surprise the guy sent me an ultimate chip and a phil long chip.. :woot:

nothing like getting a freebie!!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9871/ultimate001.th.jpgphil long left/ultimate right

i had to upgrade my injectors to 50# injectors and send one chip off for a reburn ($25). as soon as i get it back i'l get the ecu mounted. hopefully i will get her fired up tues or wend of next week :sweatingitout:

i am sure there will be a few problems to work out once i get it started. should have the d-shaft done by then aswell, then off to to the exhaust shop.

from experience i always had problems with the ultimate chip.

now the phil long chip i would trust(but be careful as that chip was tuned for another syty). but my dad and i know phil as we sold him our first syclone. phil is a very knowledgeable guy and good tuner(tuned the truck he bought from us w/ a stock motor and nitrous to run in the 10's on the stock ecu), he also used to be a starquest guy when they first came, was supposed to tune my car a few years ago when i had the tbpro2 system but i had some issues at the time so it never happened.

Did it work out with the ecu in the car and routing the harness out under the passenger side brake line the way we talked about?

from experience i always had problems with the ultimate chip.

now the phil long chip i would trust(but be careful as that chip was tuned for another syty). but my dad and i know phil as we sold him our first syclone. phil is a very knowledgeable guy and good tuner(tuned the truck he bought from us w/ a stock motor and nitrous to run in the 10's on the stock ecu), he also used to be a starquest guy when they first came, was supposed to tune my car a few years ago when i had the tbpro2 system but i had some issues at the time so it never happened.

yes ive heard about the ultimates being a hit or miss kinda thing. the ultimate i have is for a stock motor w/50# injectors.

the phil long chip i sent to phil for the reburn, very nice guy! he will burn it for my build.. if his chip works well i'l stick with it and sell the ultimate.

Did it work out with the ecu in the car and routing the harness out under the passenger side brake line the way we talked about?

actually i removed the a/c box and ran the wires thru the hole in the fire wall where the a/c lines were. plenty of room in there now for the ecu.

• 2 weeks later...