StarQuest Nationals 2009

UlrichWolf

So does that put me back in the running for longest distance driven to make this one?

BTW I won't be staying at the same hotel as you guys. I've been shopping around and found some better prices that'll fit me and her a little bit better. (a room with 2 beds and a couch is just too much for the 2 of us). Debating having her drive her bug along or possibly renting a car out there depending how far everything is and if I'll be leaving the car at the showgrounds while I go somewhere. Maybe I'll take a cab... lol eh I'll figure that out later. Still have a torque tube and CVs to replace before the trip.

Al, if I was you, I would go ahead and stay at the Ramada. Reson being, everything terribly needed is within walking distance, and there is a back way out.

I know you're not from around that neck of the woods, but the traffic in Branson can be pretty bad, especially right on the strip. However, if you don't want to, it's cool. Just remember these items.

And don't forget, you get a free breakfast every day, and not some continental muffin thing. It's a buffet, and supposed to be a decent one.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Passenger #1 who is riding along with me, is not registering...he's on that tight of a budget. He's willing to forfeit the opportunity of winning prizes. Oh well. I tried....

I, and Passenger #3 are registered. Waiting for Passenger #2 to get his a** in gear.....and register.

i am all registered, roomate arrangements have been made, money is set, and now thanks to ULRICHWOLF i can actually make it there.....lol.

poor tim....trapped for two days with me on yahoo messanger solving a No start issue linked to the alarm, and a rough idle issue that had me at the end of my rope.

THANKS AGAIN TIM! first beer is on me!

bring on that drag strip!!

if anyone is having problems with their car and needs some help should hit tim up....turns out he does know something....lol.

Edited by cyberquest

Hotel reservations have been placed, as of this morning. Will be arriving LATE Thursday night, and will be departing for home, Monday morning. I cannot wait. :)

People representing New York State, riding along with me will be....

1.) Me (Justin)

2.) Dmyers151 (Dale)

3.) Logikfive (Joe)

4.) My friend Leon (not a member of SQC, but is an SQ owner)

Just about 18 hours of interstate driving half way across the country....should be a fun time. :)

Edited by Cokedoctor

Speaking of goodies, Meyerhoff found a Craigslist ad, and I emailed the guy, here's what I got from him back.....

Hi Tim I am not registered at your meet, but I will be there friday and saturday. Im looking forward to the races at Rogersville. Im not sure if i'll run mine yet. I appreciate you spreading the word about the parts I have. Some I plan to keep, but the rest I would like to get rid of them and help someone fix theirs up if I can. I have an auto trans, doors, interior ( black and red cloth), glass, 5speed trans, headlight assemblys, ac lines, fenders (for a flatty), rear end, engine parts, and more! I would like some info on how to register.

Here is my email address rabelloir@hotmail.com

I suppose if someone was looking to pick up stuff, you could hit this guy up too. Of course, just remember, buyer beware!

Tim

I would like to take a second and remind everyone that, while Branson is covered with trees, the show area we have reserved is not. There is a grassy area where the welcome tent will be set up, and there will be a couple more canopies around there as well, but if you have "portable shade" we encourage you to bring it along. Extra chairs would be welcome as well.

This looks to be a real good turnout this year, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

JR

FOR ALL YOU STARQUESTERS COMMING UP 65 NORTH WHEN DRIVEING THROUGH Damascus, Arkansas just north of conway arkansas, SLOW YOUR ROLL . THE COPS WILL BUST YOU FOR 2 MPH OVER, I KNOW ME AND A COUPLE OF PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE GOTTEN $100 TICKETS Edited by larry32t

Late entry....... Just booked my room. I haven't registered, yet. Anyone know if I can just register when I arrive?

See you there.

Dave

That should not be a problem. We will have a few extra shirts in varying sizes, but they will not last long.

JR

hey if someone is there that reads this message, please call me on my cell 919-798-6831

due to work ,i am not able to be there now, and my parents went anyway and are at the hotel with you guys. I have a question for someone in charge lol