Chip, watch out for that cow

Turborusty

funny, can't tell if they hit him or scared him. we apparently "scared a camel to death" on a low level in Oman once, meaning my squadron did. I guess the story is that camels have heart attacks when they're startled. who knew?

funny, can't tell if they hit him or scared him. we apparently "scared a camel to death" on a low level in Oman once, meaning my squadron did. I guess the story is that camels have heart attacks when they're startled. who knew?

I guess the terrorists don't test their bombs then otherwise they wouldn't make their flight in time would they?

i'd think such an impac would cause some shake of the plane ?

and a 42 sec flight ?

that's what made me wonder if they actually hit him. An F-18 moves if you hit a bird. Hitting a cow would be a kinda' huge deal.

Not sure though, he really does take a tumble.

that's what made me wonder if they actually hit him. An F-18 moves if you hit a bird. Hitting a cow would be a kinda' huge deal.

Not sure though, he really does take a tumble.

Try hitting a cow next time you fly and let us know if you feel it.

Fanta was right....if you watch the flap....that's what hits the cow.

And the pilot does not see it because....well, he can't see much at all riding like a cholo, but he's looking the other way when it hits.....then he looks startled and quickly turns his head to see what happened.

Looks completely legit to me.

**EDIT** watching after they hit the cow....it looks like they came perilously close to a pole as well. Maybe h's just really dumb?

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

Looks to me they took off from a paved air strip, got airborn, then banked right to make an emergency landing in a field with cows.

Also looks like they actually touched down then lifted back up to fly over the cow. If they had hit that cow dead on, the plane would have tumbled...