Biden to Supporters....

Star_V8_Quest

I see your point on the Muslim/Christian aspect, but I must point out that, to me at least, ones as bad as the other. Both religions try and push their respective agenda's on people who believe in neither.

I also, am more centralist than either Dem or Rep. I just tend to lean a little more to the right on economic issues. I'm against any religion dictating laws, but strongly agree that abortion should be illegal and dealt with severely. I think I should be taxed along with everyone else to provide for those services I'm entitled to use without express permission such as roadways, fire and police, judicial system... to clarify that, anything I don't have to "sign up for" such as public assistance, food stamps, and such, should not be a part of government. I understand that at times, people need help, often times even more than the general public could provide, but I feel that these systems are severely abused, and most lawmakers (even a great number of republicans) just keep making things larger, the more you "give away" the more people that can get things, therefore, the larger your "group of people that like you" (sorry, couldn't think of a good word or phrase there), and the more likely you'll get to go on giving stuff away. I'm by no means well off, the wife and I together made about 30k last year. This with 5 kids between us also. I'm sure I could've gotten some "help" from the government time to time as I was on a flat rate pay system, and there were times I made less than $500 take home for 2 weeks, but I managed, I scrimped, took side jobs here and there and I kept looking for a better job with better pay. Thankfully, I've found it this year, even with the economy being in the shape it's in. I'm still nowhere near the 250k range that Obama says will get the extra tax, but it still worries me that some of the higher ups will be, and where do you think they'll try to "scrimp" to get that money back....my salary probably, i'm sure it will look mighty tasty....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point on the Muslim/Christian aspect, but I must point out that, to me at least, ones as bad as the other. Both religions try and push their respective agenda's on people who believe in neither.

Oh you're preaching to the choir there brother. It's just that when the public perception is allowed to be dictated by comments such as "He's a muslim" and the best we can say is "no he's not" then we've got issues. Whether it be truth or just a front, someone needed to say "well no, he's a Christian but what if he was a Muslim? what would that mean?" The assumption is apparently that it would mean he's a terrible person and not worth of being President of the US. That can't continue to be the assumption. Like Powell said, it's polarizing.

I also, am more centralist than either Dem or Rep. I just tend to lean a little more to the right on economic issues. I'm against any religion dictating laws, but strongly agree that abortion should be illegal and dealt with severely. I think I should be taxed along with everyone else to provide for those services I'm entitled to use without express permission such as roadways, fire and police, judicial system... to clarify that, anything I don't have to "sign up for" such as public assistance, food stamps, and such, should not be a part of government. I understand that at times, people need help, often times even more than the general public could provide, but I feel that these systems are severely abused, and most lawmakers (even a great number of republicans) just keep making things larger, the more you "give away" the more people that can get things, therefore, the larger your "group of people that like you" (sorry, couldn't think of a good word or phrase there), and the more likely you'll get to go on giving stuff away. I'm by no means well off, the wife and I together made about 30k last year. This with 5 kids between us also. I'm sure I could've gotten some "help" from the government time to time as I was on a flat rate pay system, and there were times I made less than $500 take home for 2 weeks, but I managed, I scrimped, took side jobs here and there and I kept looking for a better job with better pay. Thankfully, I've found it this year, even with the economy being in the shape it's in. I'm still nowhere near the 250k range that Obama says will get the extra tax, but it still worries me that some of the higher ups will be, and where do you think they'll try to "scrimp" to get that money back....my salary probably, i'm sure it will look mighty tasty....

Listen I think you're onto something here to be honest with you, but it might not be exactly what you were shooting for. I don't think there are very many Americans who are qualified to make their own decisions about issues like you're talking about. How many Americans are qualified to decide if trickle down economics is best, or if tax breaks for the middle class work? Are we all economists? Can we learn enough in the weeks leading up to an election to make the right choice? Is it even possible to sift through the mountain of campaign influenced, biased information that pops up on the web when an election is coming? The same goes for most if not all of the big issues. What happens is that a large base in each party spends an inordinate amount of time reinforcing its lifelong beliefs with whatever current campaign rhetoric makes them feel most intelligent, and then they go vote like they always have. If we're not continuously educating ourselves while there is NO election going on then we're simply accepting whatever each candidate wants us to hear and we have to make judgments about who's running the better campaign. If republicans can't get elected without deception and fear mongering then they simply shouldn't be elected. I'm sorry, but a generous estimate is something like 50% of the people who vote republican in this country are sincerely too stoopit to be allowed to vote, but the same could be said for many democrats, perhaps not "as many" but many.

The real deciders are swing voters and independents and centrists like us, people who really do want to make the right choice whether it requires going against their usual party or not. As I said before, if you're in this minority you're alright by me no matter how you vote.

Edited by chiplee

I'm by no means well off, the wife and I together made about 30k last year. This with 5 kids between us also. I'm sure I could've gotten some "help" from the government time to time as I was on a flat rate pay system, and there were times I made less than $500 take home for 2 weeks...

First, cudos to you for making that work. I couldn't live in Washington DC on that kinda money. Im sure as a taxpayer you realize you receive tax credits for your children. Do you have health care for your kids? I believe Senator Obama's tax plan calls for more tax relief for you, allowing you to pay less taxes and keep more of your check. Also providing a discount for your employer so you can have or improve health care coverage for your family. Additionally, increasing the deduction for your children. One big question is 'How is the government going to pay for these tax cuts?'.. Well, taxing corporations that recorded record profits for the past 8 years is a good idea. The 'lack' of taxing did not create new jobs or stabilize the economy. All the 'blame' gaming to point to 'subprime' lending as the problem seems a bit insincere. The point is, during the crisis, someone made a boat load of $$. During the past 8 years, (6 of which were republican controlled House and Whitehouse) there were many opportunities to revise lending laws.

More to the point, I really commend you for being able to support a family of 7 with 30k per year.

I sincerely appreciate your comments dc.

Yes, I was one of the ones that actually got back more than what I paid in federal tax. And honestly, when filling out the tax forms, I felt guilty. I felt I was taking money from people who had worked for that, who weren't offering to help me, the were being forced to help me. I guess it was just the way I was raised, but it felt bad.

On another note, the new job..... I now work for the City of Cincinnati as a Fleet Services Mechanic, I work on everything from a weed eater, to a 110 foot ladder fire truck. My salary along with the wifes should put us close to 55k next year. I went from a health insurance plan that would have cost me a little over $800 a month (which I could not afford, and did not elect to participate in) to one that now cost me $40 a month. I also went from no vacation, holiday,or sick time, to 10 vacation days, 11 holidays, and 12 sick days a year.... among many other benefits that I haven't even discovered yet I'm sure. I consider myself VERY lucky to have gotten this UNION job, but still wonder, since I get paid with taxpayer money, am I taking advantage.....

Consider this next time you feel guilty :

1: You are working , not receiving a 'hand out'

2: The government wastes far more than your salary every week.

3: You have earned every deduction you are eligible for . Believe that when the tax code was constructed, leaving loopholes for middle class workers to exploit was not in the cards or design.

4: AIG and other large companies receive tax breaks in excess of 10 times your salary, and they use this money for executive outings, Facials, liposuction, etc.

I could go on and on and on, but as a taxpayer you should never feel guilty about taking the deductions you have earned. Now, flipping this around, I believe a lot of industry and companies are being given tax deductions they do not earn. Chances are this is quid pro quo for 'favors' given to those that write our tax codes and approve them (congress.. senate).. We need to get back to a country that believes in fairness, and not having the 'working man' shoulder the bulk of the burden to the benefit of the wealthy.

You cannot get 'tax cuts' unless you pay taxes (contrary to all the -Mccain/Palin rhetoric about 'free tax checks' to people that dont pay taxes..' Ridiculous)

Edited by Dcrasta

on a serious note... Rusty, I thought I paid you already for that? $60 I believe. If not, please let me know, I'll get it out right away. and really, you and the wifey probably paid close to my salary in taxes.....LOL

and DC, I understand fully that I'm entitled to not have to pay taxes because if the "situation" I'm in, I just don't feel it's "fair" for me to use the same public utilities that everyone else does, for free essentially, because I don't make as much as they do. I do understand that I am paying for them in ways through car registration fees, state taxes, and such, but it still kinda bothers me a little. And hypocritically here, no, I don't donate anything of what I make. (except for $20 every 2 weeks to United Way through work)

and, a little hint. To convince me Obama is the better choice for me, don't convince me that he is the better choice for me, convince me he is the better choice for America, and the world.

on a serious note... Rusty, I thought I paid you already for that? $60 I believe. If not, please let me know, I'll get it out right away. and really, you and the wifey probably paid close to my salary in taxes.....LOL

and DC, I understand fully that I'm entitled to not have to pay taxes because if the "situation" I'm in, I just don't feel it's "fair" for me to use the same public utilities that everyone else does, for free essentially, because I don't make as much as they do. I do understand that I am paying for them in ways through car registration fees, state taxes, and such, but it still kinda bothers me a little. And hypocritically here, no, I don't donate anything of what I make. (except for $20 every 2 weeks to United Way through work)

and, a little hint. To convince me Obama is the better choice for me, don't convince me that he is the better choice for me, convince me he is the better choice for America, and the world.

to the government though, your big contribution is your kids. They are future earners, and therefore future "TAX PAYERS". That's why there's so much tax incentive to make babies, and by basically giving you back more than you paid in, the government is investing in its future. Without babies, our economy can't go on like it is. That's why it's such a flawed system. It can't sustain itself without growing and we simply have to reach a point where we don't have room to grow any more.

to the government though, your big contribution is your kids. They are future earners, and therefore future "TAX PAYERS". That's why there's so much tax incentive to make babies, and by basically giving you back more than you paid in, the government is investing in its future. Without babies, our economy can't go on like it is. That's why it's such a flawed system. It can't sustain itself without growing and we simply have to reach a point where we don't have room to grow any more.

I always knew that you were un-American!

You better get to work and start producing some future taxpayers to show your patriotism!

I made 2 of them. I did my share, no more, no less.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I always knew that you were un-American!

You better get to work and start producing some future taxpayers to show your patriotism!

I made 2 of them. I did my share, no more, no less.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm also an atheist, and according to daddy Bush, "atheists should [not] be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots." No place for us "unamericans", except the cockpit of an F-18 behind an aircraft carrier apparently.

I'm considering my options for making a new tax payer or two, developing a long range plan.

No buddy....you paid me from the get-go.

I was just happy to see someone use it so I sold it to you for shipping charges + $5. And was glad to do so.

Yeah, we paid a decent amount in taxes last year.......and a good bit more this year. ;)

Just razzin' you.

Turborusty

. To convince me Obama is the better choice for me, don't convince me that he is the better choice for me, convince me he is the better choice for America, and the world.

Well, I'm not a good salesman. I believe if you do enough research , watch enough of the candidates themselves, and try to stay neutral and listen to what they actually have said their entire career you will be convinced one way or another. I do think that Barak Obama would be a better choice for America and the World. The reasons are vary, but some of the most important ones to me are :

I like his thoughtfulness when asked a question. Watching him during the democratic primaries and during the rundown to the main event, he seems to resist the easy answer, or the quick counter attack.

I like the discipline he shows during his campaign, and it has trickled down to his staff.

I like the fact that he hasn't allowed things like accusations of being an Arab, attacks on 'if he is Black enough', attacks on if he is a 'Terrorist', and other things 'off issue' to affect him. He seems very centered and under control. I find that very compelling for a president given the fact that we have had a wanna be cowboy as a president.

I like the fact that his wife is very very successful on her own. They both seem like stable, responsible people that would make good role models. They were not 'silver spoon' kids, they built themselves from the ground up. And they dont have a trail of scandal or angry 'exs' going after them. They seem to have realized their dream the hard way, with hard work and dedication.

I don't think there will be an 'October' Surprises that can be dropped on him. I would be very surprised if some scandal (Sex or otherwise) came out about him. He seems like the kind of guy that prepares very carefully and makes sure he 'knows-the-facts' before he acts. He seems to think carefully before he speaks. I like that.

I think as far as world relationships, we need someone that people can be optimistic about. The general feeling I get from my friends overseas (I have friends all over :) ) is that a Barak Obama presidency would inspire other leaders in the world to cooperate with the US. This is very important. I think the Mccain's rhetoric has been damaging to our nations relationship with the Islamic world (the #1 religion statistically) and he has a way of insulting other cultures (he has a history of it). As xenophobic as some isolationist would like to remain, we are one world community. Maybe in 1950 and 1960 you could 'go into a shell' but now the world is really a 'virtually small' world. Information travels the world much faster, and people have ready access to 'what you say'. Also, saying something (in 2000) and then claiming you didnt say it wont work anymore, because regardless of peoples memory, the Mic is always on (as Jessie Jackson found out) and the camera records everything. This history of erratic 'stances' on the issues undermines credibility.

I think some of Barak Obama's appeal is the perception of his empathy. This is important. We all want to feel that the people responsible for making decisions that will directly affect our life 'know what its like to walk in our shoes'. I would never know what its like to be a POW. I'm sure it was horrifying to experience. Does that mean I think that qualifies someone to be the president? No.

I think being empathetic and sympathetic to others is more important. Do I think trying to project a 'Hardass' image is important? No. I believe there can be strength in being calm, collected and thoughtful. Its more like the Chess playing mind over the Checkers playin mind. To me this campaign has been a bit like that. Mccain Palin seem to be playing checkers, and didnt see the setup coming from the Chess players.

To wrap up my wall of text, I think its time to retire Mccains Generation. I think Barak Obama also has the benefit of overseas experiences. Living in other countries and among other cultures gives him some insight on how the world things. This makes him more respectful and receptive of other cultures. I believe John Mccains POW experience actually was detrimental to his view of other cultures. Considering how we have a huge vested interest in dealing with China, Japan, and other Asian countries (India) can we risk someone that would consider asians 'Gooks' ? He has been quoted saying this (although not recently as he has had to clean it up a bit since 2000). But just because he doesn't say it, doesn't mean he doesn't believe it does it?

The PRESIDENT of the United States Of America is also the leader of the most Powerful economy and miltary in the world. He is a World leader, and cannot be a petty, emotional, vindictive, angry, Checkers mentality person. (Not saying anyone else is.. just saying the president should not be).

I have other reasons for myself, but generally every person has to find the compelling reasons for themselves. Best of luck to you man. I hope you can make a choice you are happy with.

Edited by Dcrasta

This is only part of the reason I did not vote for Obama.....

Billy Graham team on Obama

We felt this info to be very significant as the facts are documented.

Bill Brown, retired from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Assn.., sent this to

us. Please pass along if you would like. I believe we need to know our

candidates better.

By Bill Brown of the Billy Graham Team

Bill Brown, is a highly respected retired member of the Billy

Graham team so, I take his assessment of Obama very seriously and for that

reason accept his challenge to pass this on. I share his concern about the

'rock star' image Obama has and watch with growing concern at the celebrity

status the media has foisted upon him. Here is hope this email informs you

in a wise way.

The Obama Tidal Wave

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare magnitude.

His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers

have no id ea of what he stands for except platitudes of 'Change' or that he

says he will be a 'Uniter'.

The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful

thing. Certainly Billy Graham had charisma. Both his manner of speech

and particularly the content changed millions.

On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler, too, inspired

millions and the results were catastrophic.

Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many

Americans riding on the Obama Tidal Wave it is just like a surfer who might

be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, but the reality of the

ride is what happens when it hits shore.

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

1. He voted for partial birth abortion.

2. He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.

3. Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas).

4. In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.

5. Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.

6. Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.

7. His religious convictions are very murky. Jeremiah Wright? Louis Farrakan? Father Flager?

8. He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

9. Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations. Why?

10. Opposed the Patriot Act.

11. First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.

12. Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.

13. Supports universal health-care.

14. Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.

15. Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

16. Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.

17. Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.

18. Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.

19. Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.

20. Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)

21. Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.

22. Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.

23. He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase.

24. He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.

25. He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.

26. His wife Michelle does not like white people and calls white folks White d's.

27. Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.

28. He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.

29. Will not produce an official birth certificate to show he was born in United States. Constitution requires a president to be born in USA.

If your political choices are consistent with Barack Obama's and

you think that his positions will bring America together or make it a better

place, then you will probably enjoy the ride and not forward this Email.

If you are like most Americans that after exam ining what he stands for, are

truly not in line with his record, it would be prudent to get off the wave

or better yet, never get on, before it comes on shore and undermines the

very foundations of this great Country. We have limited time to save

America or the Supreme Court as we know it.

Inaction is action.

If you agree this is important, pass it on. The mainstream

media will not do it for you!

Bill Brown

Billy Graham Team, Retired

This is only part of the reason I did not vote for Obama.....

Billy Graham team on Obama

We felt this info to be very significant as the facts are documented.

Bill Brown, retired from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Assn.., sent this to

us. Please pass along if you would like. I believe we need to know our

candidates better.

By Bill Brown of the Billy Graham Team

Bill Brown, is a highly respected retired member of the Billy

Graham team so, I take his assessment of Obama very seriously and for that

reason accept his challenge to pass this on. I share his concern about the

'rock star' image Obama has and watch with growing concern at the celebrity

status the media has foisted upon him. Here is hope this email informs you

in a wise way.

The Obama Tidal Wave

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare magnitude.

His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers

have no id ea of what he stands for except platitudes of 'Change' or that he

says he will be a 'Uniter'.

The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful

thing. Certainly Billy Graham had charisma. Both his manner of speech

and particularly the content changed millions.

On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler, too, inspired

millions and the results were catastrophic.

Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many

Americans riding on the Obama Tidal Wave it is just like a surfer who might

be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, but the reality of the

ride is what happens when it hits shore.

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

1. He voted for partial birth abortion.

2. He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.

3. Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas).

4. In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.

5. Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.

6. Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.

7. His religious convictions are very murky. Jeremiah Wright? Louis Farrakan? Father Flager?

8. He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

9. Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations. Why?

10. Opposed the Patriot Act.

11. First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.

12. Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.

13. Supports universal health-care.

14. Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.

15. Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

16. Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.

17. Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.

18. Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.

19. Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.

20. Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)

21. Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.

22. Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.

23. He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase.

24. He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.

25. He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.

26. His wife Michelle does not like white people and calls white folks White d's.

27. Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.

28. He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.

29. Will not produce an official birth certificate to show he was born in United States. Constitution requires a president to be born in USA.

If your political choices are consistent with Barack Obama's and

you think that his positions will bring America together or make it a better

place, then you will probably enjoy the ride and not forward this Email.

If you are like most Americans that after exam ining what he stands for, are

truly not in line with his record, it would be prudent to get off the wave

or better yet, never get on, before it comes on shore and undermines the

very foundations of this great Country. We have limited time to save

America or the Supreme Court as we know it.

Inaction is action.

If you agree this is important, pass it on. The mainstream

media will not do it for you!

Bill Brown

Billy Graham Team, Retired

That came from a retired member of the Billy Graham team because if it came from an active member of his team it would be an open endorsement of a candidate and it would put the Graham ministries in danger of losing their tax exemption on donations and profits.

Here's a video with some sincere evaluation of your beloved Billy Graham that I stand 100% beside.

I'll paraphrase for anyone who can't or won't watch the video. Billy Graham is a disgustingly evil hypocrite, a fraud, a liar, and nothing, literally NOTHING more than a successful con artist. He is an antisemitic bigot whose prejudice knows no bounds. There's never been ANY president, no matter how deserving of condemnation, who couldn't get Billy Graham to come to his side and make him look good to the conservative base. What a waste of a human life Billy Graham's career has been, lying to children and pushing his BS message of Brotherhood on his congregation. Brotherhood if you're an american Christian I guess. Get the F away if you're a jew.

Edited by chiplee

YOU JUST MIGHT WANT TO PRINT THIS, FILE IT AWAY AND PULL IT OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

Here is another warning from a very knowledgeable person from the Hollywood sector that is not a preaching Democrat.

His words are spooky.

Grim predictions

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen, an Academy Award

winning Hollywood Producer, who produced Jurassic Park ,

Hook, Rain Man and many more classy movies, and who won the

Academy Award for Schindler's List. Jerry is one of the

very few conservatives in Hollywood - but wants to include

Democrats. He says:

We are about to make the Mother-of-All-Mistakes, because

the Republican Party gave us no reliable alternative. If

the conservative movement does not rally behind the only

alternative left to us, this country will become a true

Socialist State within the next two Presidential terms.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is the most grave situation this

nation has faced in my lifetime. We just experienced an

overhyped, outrageous primary election season that has left

me wondering where the heads of our citizens are hiding -

must be someplace where the sun doesn't go very often.

At one time in my life I was a determined, dedicated and

ever-loyal registered Democrat. Then something happened -

Lyndon Baines Johnson - that turned my life around and gave

me pause for the veracity of a party that lives and feeds

off of the most unfortunate among us. Some of them are in

their positions in life by their own choosing, others by

outside circumstance. But always, always there was a door

open to them, to reach for new heights, achieve new goals,

change their lives for the better. Similarly, there have

always been the bottom feeders, doing what they could to

take advantage of those who had not or have not seen better

days, nor realized that they in fact were the masters of

their own destiny - these unfortunates had come to believe

that they were dependent on people in Washington, who would

look out for and take care of them. They waited and still

wait for all those promised freebies.

Most people don't reflect upon the fact that the

Democrats ruled Washington for over 40 years; it wasn't

until 1994 when the so-called Gingrich Revolution changed -

but only for a while. These same people do not realize that

it was the Democrats who created the failed policies of the

entitlement programs that are now falling apart before our eyes.

Do not think I find the Republicans blameless in all this.

They, too, suffer from the ego and greed built into our

system. But in the past few months I have listened with

growing horror to the railings of the left, calling for yet

more giveaways, more promises of a proverbial 'free

lunch.' What sums up my feelings, why I am appalled by

those in political power is contained within a quote by

basketball legend and talk show host Charles Barkley:

"Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the

last fifty years....and they are still poor."

Now, with our elections, come yet more new promises of

"change:" "change we can believe in,"

"hope for the future". But if you really, I mean

REALLY listen to what the new messiah is asking for, it is

not 'change of policy' or 'change for the

better' - this is a warning that he wants our change.

And the change you will get will not be the change you

expected or wanted.

I leave you my predictions of what will happen if the

junior Senator from Illinois becomes President - especially

If the House and Senate are veto-proof Democrat:

1). Strict gun laws, though he promised he would not.

2). "In God We Trust" will be removed from all currency.

3). He will renege on his pledge to Israel and leave them to the wolves of Islam.

4) Hillary Clinton will be named to the Supreme Court.

5). Tax rates will surge to the highest levels in 30 years.

6). Capital gains tax will be at least double current levels.

7). Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of Defense.

8). Your borders will be open to all comers - especially from the Middle East and South America .

9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals in the U.S, regardless of status or even gang membership (think MS-13).

10). Our presence in Iraq will come to an abrupt end - with tragic results though their citizens and devastating

consequences to our military.

My predictions will not sit well with some people - the best we could hope for is that I am wrong.

Any bets?

If you want to read more about Obama check out the forum on this site: Barrett Rifles. This by the way is my employer. If Obama is elected, I will need to be looking for a new job because most everything we make will be illegal. And Obama wants to talk about creating jobs. What about all the jobs that will be lost by gun/ammo companies?

yes yes, if you listen, I mean "REALLY" listen, you can hear something that isn't there. What a surprise the Billy Graham lover listens to one thing and hears something entirely different.

who cares?

Good, my money should speak for itself. I don't trust in God.

3). He will renege on his pledge to Israel and leave them to the wolves of Islam.

Good.

Ah yes, that evil flurge.

well, you have to make money to be taxed. everyone seems to be losing their jobs after 8 years of Republican "management" right now so what's the difference?

That's not hard. We hardly pay capital gains taxes at all right now.

8). Your borders will be open to all comers - especially from the Middle East and South America .

Leave the fear mongering to your ultraconservative ignoramus buddies.

10). Our presence in Iraq will come to an abrupt end - with tragic results though their citizens and devastating

No it won't. It can't. It's physically impossible. it would take a year to get half our stuff home.

YOU JUST MIGHT WANT TO PRINT THIS, FILE IT AWAY AND PULL IT OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

Here is another warning from a very knowledgeable person from the Hollywood sector that is not a preaching Democrat.

His words are spooky.

Grim predictions

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen, an Academy Award

winning Hollywood Producer, who produced Jurassic Park ,

Hook, Rain Man and many more classy movies, and who won the

Academy Award for Schindler's List. Jerry is one of the

very few conservatives in Hollywood - but wants to include

Democrats. He says:

We are about to make the Mother-of-All-Mistakes, because

the Republican Party gave us no reliable alternative. If

the conservative movement does not rally behind the only

alternative left to us, this country will become a true

Socialist State within the next two Presidential terms.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is the most grave situation this

nation has faced in my lifetime. We just experienced an

overhyped, outrageous primary election season that has left

me wondering where the heads of our citizens are hiding -

must be someplace where the sun doesn't go very often.

At one time in my life I was a determined, dedicated and

ever-loyal registered Democrat. Then something happened -

Lyndon Baines Johnson - that turned my life around and gave

me pause for the veracity of a party that lives and feeds

off of the most unfortunate among us. Some of them are in

their positions in life by their own choosing, others by

outside circumstance. But always, always there was a door

open to them, to reach for new heights, achieve new goals,

change their lives for the better. Similarly, there have

always been the bottom feeders, doing what they could to

take advantage of those who had not or have not seen better

days, nor realized that they in fact were the masters of

their own destiny - these unfortunates had come to believe

that they were dependent on people in Washington, who would

look out for and take care of them. They waited and still

wait for all those promised freebies.

Most people don't reflect upon the fact that the

Democrats ruled Washington for over 40 years; it wasn't

until 1994 when the so-called Gingrich Revolution changed -

but only for a while. These same people do not realize that

it was the Democrats who created the failed policies of the

entitlement programs that are now falling apart before our eyes.

Do not think I find the Republicans blameless in all this.

They, too, suffer from the ego and greed built into our

system. But in the past few months I have listened with

growing horror to the railings of the left, calling for yet

more giveaways, more promises of a proverbial 'free

lunch.' What sums up my feelings, why I am appalled by

those in political power is contained within a quote by

basketball legend and talk show host Charles Barkley:

"Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the

last fifty years....and they are still poor."

And the change you will get will not be the change you

expected or wanted.

I leave you my predictions of what will happen if the

junior Senator from Illinois becomes President - especially

If the House and Senate are veto-proof Democrat:

7). Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of Defense.

9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals in the U.S, regardless of status or even gang membership (think MS-13).

My predictions will not sit well with some people - the best we could hope for is that I am wrong.

Any bets?

If you want to read more about Obama check out the forum on this site: Barrett Rifles. This by the way is my employer. If Obama is elected, I will need to be looking for a new job because most everything we make will be illegal. And Obama wants to talk about creating jobs. What about all the jobs that will be lost by gun/ammo companies?

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen, an Academy Award winning Hollywood Producer : -His movies were not that great, and he is a producer of movies so what does he know???

What is it about what your company makes that would make it illegal? Presidents cant pass laws that congress or the House of Rep. doesn't support. Are you sure you understand how our government works?

Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of Defense. -- He certainly would be qualified. What is the problem with that? Has he been involved in scandal or misconduct? Short Bio of the General :

Wesley Kanne Clark, KBE (born December 23, 1944) is a retired General of the United States Army. Clark was valedictorian of his class at West Point, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to the University of Oxford where he obtained a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, and later graduated from the Command and General Staff College with a master's degree in military science. He spent 34 years in the Army and the Department of Defense, receiving many military decorations, several honorary knighthoods, and a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Clark commanded Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo War during his term as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO from 1997 to 2000.

HooRah . The dude has been tested. he was class valedictorian of West Point. I have a cousin that went to West Point, and let me tell you, that is a major achievement. Rhodes Scholorship to Oxford? Degrees in pholosophy, politics and economics? Geeeze.. this guy could be president with that background. Dont look down your nose at him for sure. If anything, that would show excellent judgement to have a man with that much active experience as Sec of Defense. Can you think of someone better? .

5). Tax rates will surge to the highest levels in 30 years. ---Lies How about returning them to Pre-Bush levels.

4) Hillary Clinton will be named to the Supreme Court. -- Would have to be approved by congress. Do you really understand the government as it functions?

9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals in the U.S, regardless of status or even gang membership (think MS-13). - More lies..

3). He will renege on his pledge to Israel and leave them to the wolves of Islam. -- Israel needs to stop offending its neighbors or we wont be able to save them. That country has caused a lot of misery.

8). Your borders will be open to all comers - especially from the Middle East and South America . -- Its already open to all legal immigrants. We attract the best talent in the world and we need to keep it that way to stay competitive on the world market.

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen, an Academy Award winning Hollywood Producer : -His movies were not that great, and he is a producer of movies so what does he know???

What is it about what your company makes that would make it illegal? Presidents cant pass laws that congress or the House of Rep. doesn't support. Are you sure you understand how our government works?

Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of Defense. -- He certainly would be qualified. What is the problem with that? Has he been involved in scandal or misconduct? Short Bio of the General :

Wesley Kanne Clark, KBE (born December 23, 1944) is a retired General of the United States Army. Clark was valedictorian of his class at West Point, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to the University of Oxford where he obtained a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, and later graduated from the Command and General Staff College with a master's degree in military science. He spent 34 years in the Army and the Department of Defense, receiving many military decorations, several honorary knighthoods, and a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Clark commanded Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo War during his term as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO from 1997 to 2000.

HooRah . The dude has been tested. he was class valedictorian of West Point. I have a cousin that went to West Point, and let me tell you, that is a major achievement. Rhodes Scholorship to Oxford? Degrees in pholosophy, politics and economics? Geeeze.. this guy could be president with that background. Dont look down your nose at him for sure. If anything, that would show excellent judgement to have a man with that much active experience as Sec of Defense. Can you think of someone better? .

5). Tax rates will surge to the highest levels in 30 years. ---Lies How about returning them to Pre-Bush levels.

4) Hillary Clinton will be named to the Supreme Court. -- Would have to be approved by congress. Do you really understand the government as it functions?

9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals in the U.S, regardless of status or even gang membership (think MS-13). - More lies..

3). He will renege on his pledge to Israel and leave them to the wolves of Islam. -- Israel needs to stop offending its neighbors or we wont be able to save them. That country has caused a lot of misery.

8). Your borders will be open to all comers - especially from the Middle East and South America . -- Its already open to all legal immigrants. We attract the best talent in the world and we need to keep it that way to stay competitive on the world market.

oh man you put way more intelligent thought into that than I did. I don't know whether to thank you or scorn you. The guy was NOT worth the effort but it's at least good to set the record straight I guess.

I do. I would guess that the other one hundred million(+) gun owners in this country would agree.

Will never happen in our lifetimes. You realize that this is still more 'scare tactics' right? To get you to 'clutch your gun and bible'??(/sarcasm)

With so many debates about the Second Amendment this is almost impossible. Just the idea of contesting this, would cause just a reaction with the one hundred million + gun owners who can lobby to defend their constitutional right to own firearms in court or using the government processes ie: State or Federal goverment representation..

The Gun Lobby is one of the largest (next to the Oil/Energy and Health care lobbiest). Losing the right to own firearms will be next to impossible. The process has many steps where people (the majority) have a chance to intervene.

The frustration among the 'minority' of people that do not think private gun ownership (or private arsenals) should be lawful. Some people have had their lives devastated by guns. There needs to be a balance between freedoms and protecting society. Its almost like automobiles. If we didn't have registration laws and insurance laws and other regulations people would have any bucket flying down the road. I don't like speed limits, but I'm glad they exist when Racer Boi wants to prove his Toyota with 13 inch wheels can 'precision drive' down some on ramp as I'm approaching. You can't regulate responsible behavior, all you can do is ratchet up the penalty if they screw up. Same with guns, there will be a balance. But losing the right to own a gun likely will never go away. Maybe you cant own a freaking 50 caliber gatling gun or Grenade launchers. But at what point is it that you have 'too many?' Maybe a special 'collectors' license so there is a record of this arsenal. Besides, I don't understand, if people are so gun happy, why not join the Army ??

Have you considered the alternative? If it does come to pass, however, that the Majority of the country wants guns outlawed, this democracy means the minority (if it comes to that) that wants to own them would have to lawfully give them up. How would you respond if that happened in your lifetime (guns outlawed completely?)

Edited by Dcrasta

Snopes hasnt been able to even confirm this since july. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/molen.asp

Plus there are different versions out there.

Here is a different one with a name on the intro, and the "Mother-of-All-Mistakes" part is said by the Jim Cash guy.

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen. Jerry is a great friend and an Academy Award winning Hollywood Producer. He did Jurassic Park, Hook, Rainman, and many more class movies. He won the Academy Award for Schindler’s List. Jerry is one of the very few clear thinking conservatives that I know from Hollywood. We need to get this out to as many as possible to include liberal Democrats. We are about to make the Mother-of-All-Mistakes, because the Republican Party gave us no reliable alternative. In my opinion, if the conservative movement does not rally behind the only alternative left to us, this country will become a true Socialist State within the next two Presidential terms. Ladies and Gentleman, this is the most grave situation this nation has faced in my lifetime.

Jim Cash

B/G, USAF, Ret.

We just experienced an overhyped, positively outrageous primary

election season that has left me cold and wondering where the heads of

our citizens are hiding out. Must be someplace where the sun doesn’t

get to very often.

At one time in my life I was a determined, dedicated and ever loyal

registered Democrat. Then something happened (Lyndon Baines Johnson)

that turned my life around and gave me much pause as to the veracity

of a party that dwelt on and fed off of the most unfortunate among us.

Some of those unfortunates were in their positions in life by way of

their own choosing and others were there by circumstance. But always,

always with a door open to them to reach for new heights, achieve new

goals, change their lives for the better. And also, always ever

present were the bottom feeders doing everything they could to take

advantage of those who had not or have not seen the light of better

days and times nor realizing they were in fact the masters of their

own destiny. They had come to believe that they were dependent on

those in power in Washington and that they would look out for them and

take care of their every need. They are still waiting and expecting al

those promised freebies.

Most people aren’t even aware that the Democrats ruled Washington for

over 40 years. It wasn’t until 1994 when the so called Gingrich

Revolution changed that for a short period of time. Nor do people

realize that it was the Dem’s that created the failed policies of the

many entitlement programs that are falling apart right before our

eyes. Please do not think I find the Republicans blameless in all

this. They too, suffer from ego inflation and greed motivators built

into the system. It’s just that the past few months I’ve listened to

the rantings and railings of the left in America calling for more

giveaways and better ways to obtain the proverbial ‘free lunch’.

I think that to sum up my feelings and why I am so set apart from

those within the circles of political power and influence can be

illustrated best by a quote by noted basketball legend and talk show

co-host Charles Barkley:

“Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the last fifty

years….and they are still poorâ€.

And now with the election results comes the promises of “changeâ€.

“Change we can believe in.†“Change for the futureâ€. When in fact if

you really, I mean REALLY listen to what the new messiah is asking for

is not ‘change of policy’ or ‘change for the better’. He is warning

all of us that he wants our change all right, ‘loose change’, pocket

change’, social change and political change……So people wake up.

For if you don’t the change you get may not be the change you were

expecting or the change you wanted.

To close my screed, I want to leave you with some JM predictions in

the event the junior Senator from Illinois becomes President and

especially if the House and Senate are veto proof.

1). Strict new gun laws will be enacted even though he promised he

would not.

2). The phrase “In God We Trust†will be removed from all currency.

3). He will back away from his pledge to Israel and leave them to the

wolves of Islam.

4). Hillary Clinton will be named to the Supreme Court.

5). Tax rates will return to their highest levels in 30 years.

6). The capital gains tax will be at least double current levels.

7). Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of

Defense.

8). The borders will be ‘basically open’ to all comers. Especially

those from the Middle East and South America.

9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals now in the U.S

10). The war in Iraq will be brought to an abrupt end and the results

will be tragic and the consequences to our military will be devastating.

I realize that my predictions may not sit too well with some people

and the best we could all hope for is that I am totally wrong. Any bets?

Jerry Molen

Basically who ever wrote it is just doing the same old scare tactic. Doesn't matter who the democratic candidate is, they would say the same thing. They said the same stuff about Bill Clinton too.

I know some people are married by ideology to their political party... but that means that no matter what they do you will always vote for them. That means there is NO accountability. The only way to hold a political party accountable is not to re-elect them when they do not perform up to our standards. The Republicans have not earned another term. If the roles were reversed I would say the same thing about democrats, and I'm totally prepared to vote the Dems out if after 8 years their policies haven't worked and the debt doubles again.

We have to make our elected officials accountable and not keep voting for someone who has not done a good job, just because they say the other guy might be the boogie man.

BTW this song comes to mind:

<for country music fans.