What I've noticed.

acidbath

I've noticed that this has to be one of the "nicest" forums I've ever joined. Comparatively to the DSM forums I'm now a part of.. it seems like everyone seems to want to help eachother. Even when "n00bz" join this site, there isn't a sense of hostility but more of a welcome. The other sites just criticize upon criticize the newer members. It's a bit daunting for members such as myself who have changed platforms, but the fact remains. SQC.com > other forums.

By no means am I sucking up, I'm just stating my own opinion.

Edited by acidbath

valid point...over at a local dsm forum I had my 54 post count taken away because they said I was post **********...never even heard of such a thing and freedom of speech they dont have there. Either you agree with the mods on EVERYTHING or get banned.

valid point...over at a local dsm forum I had my 54 post count taken away because they said I was post **********...never even heard of such a thing and freedom of speech they dont have there. Either you agree with the mods on EVERYTHING or get banned.

WHAT?!?! how stupid is that... what moderator has enough time to go and complain about somethin so petty....

if ya think DSM forums are bad, try joining mustang forums!! they are usually no holds barred totally politically incorrect and trash talking sites... good fun, and nice cause ya dont need to worry bout getting censored, but totally worthless when ya got a real question about anything

Yeah, SQC is my haven. Am I a post floozy? Yes, but mainly due to not having anything to do during work ( if you came into where I worked, you would understand ). I do try to do my best to help out in the VM with what little I know. Like the mods have said, this is a work friendly, family friendly site, and I think the attitude has a lot to do with it. Other forums like has been said as no bars held.

Not only that, but if you ask a question, while you might be guffawed at it ( I know I have been at times ), it still will get answered. Which in my mind, is worth the third degree as opposed to getting a third degree, thread jacked, then the idiocy of your question and or mishap being brought to the attention of the general populace of the forum and..

Well you don't really have freedom of speech here either ;), but atleast we only moderate posts when it's abusive, vulgar, harmful etc, and only for the good of the group.

10000+ posts fanta! i think you need a new job man:) I will have to say i am very selective with the forums i venture to. Every once in awhile ill go to the VM or AVM forum and try to help out but most of the stuff is taken care of by a few very knowledgeable members and there is no need hitting a nail that has already been hammered:)

I have been on lots of forums, motorcycle forums, classic camaro forums, other random stuff and will say this is one that i stay on even if my car is hibernating:)

Lol, this site is definitely above the others. I asked a question about something pertaining to my brake light being on for no odd reason.. and I got my topic closed right away. I'm like.. what the hell.. I didn't agree with them on a certain topic and the members all jumped on my case and even made something a member said into a sig. It's kind of annoying, but whatever. I don't think I really need to be on that forum much, they've got nothing to offer aside from making a mockery of everything. Ah well, the joys and annoyances of owning a mainstream car.

And Shelby, Mike C. and handfull of others have enough wisdom about all things mechanical and electrical to be able to solve all your issues....

For a minimum fee of 8.99 for the first 3 minutes and 1.99 every minute there after.

CALL ME NOW

I can't help but agree.

I'm a pretty well-established member with the local Honda forum, and even so, I still take flak every now and again. Mostly from giving n00bs crap about their NOS-stickered Civic 4-door that "runs 13s" on a stock motor. But still.

You guys are awesome. Makes me love my Starion even more.

exactly...makes me realize that if my quest decides to make me a little angry, i always have a warm home to vent on... :lol:

seriously though...ive been on other forums, and you answer a question knowing 110% its right, and others challenge it, and it all ends up in smoke...here, when people are wrong...like i have been a few times...we accept it, and realize that the person that corrected you has been doing this longer than you...usually anyway

we're like one giant couple hundred person family...some are more distant than others...and some are married to each other...but, thats beside the point...lol