WEATHERSTRIPPING

silverarrow89

anyone know whats up with this thread?

ooo ooo I do, I do!!

She called me a week before Christmas, wanting to know if they had to include the small hard plastic clip that keeps the glass from sliding out of track at speed when rolling the window up....I told her we all go very fast and like to roll up and down our windows to hear the turbo and exhaust. She is getting the engineer/developer to quote it after they see if they can actually do it..if they can't do the clip I'm getting her quote anyway and will look to the other supplier in Indiana (I think that's where they were, info is at my office). I wish I could have had both places quote at the same time, but am only working with 3 sets of OEM mouldings as templates.

Edited by silverarrow89

• 1 month later...

I'm new here and this seems like a great forum. I'm very close to purchasing a low mile Conquest. I've actually got a factory parts list I was going to hit the dealer with in hope of getting any N.O.S. parts. At the top of my list was weatherstripping! To do a group buy is very forward thinking which will pay off in the long run. I'm in for all the door and hatch weatherstrips,the inner and outer door sash and inner belt weatherstrips by (by the door panels and side dindows, the door drip and any other which will be made except the sunroof. Guys I have 2 other vintage cars and believe me, jump on this as it adds years to the life of your ride as well as an overall "new" feel.

I will post stortly if the deal works out. If it does, I'm in for all.

Again, great work!

• 3 weeks later...
awesome to see someone else working on this!! I will try to help in anyway possible... I had talked to a bunch of places but the lay off/break up/loss of house kinda put a damper on any extra spending <_< Not really back in a financial position to be able to help much just yet either but I would be totally willing to share any info I had gathered!! If this can happen I would be totally in for every piece of rubber on the car, including 87 and up sunroof... I have some really good quality original seals I was using as templates BUT... they are buried somewhere in my storage unit.

I guess I will have to start digging through the stuff this week...here I go :character0028:

LIDOIDOL, you would be a lifesaver(starquest life) if you could get sunroof seal... thanks

I have almost all the info, but want to do this right. Seeing that there are some GP products of late that have left some people wondering why people are so unprofessional, I want to try to go about this a different way. I am considering how to include a combined eBay/Paypal transaction, so that everyone feels a bit safer under their buyer protection, etc. The price is still being negotiated, as is one manufacturing detail that I need to know from members whether it is important or not. As of now (Saturday morning the 7th/March) I don't have time to post the details and would better be explained with a photo anyway (which I will take today).

Bottom line, it looks like the number of initial sales will relate directly to the cost per set.

Edited by silverarrow89

Sounds good, Dean. Where in North NJ are you? Send me a pm.

Dan

I have almost all the info, but want to do this right. Seeing that there are some GP products of late that have left some people wondering why people are so unprofessional, I want to try to go about this a different way. I am considering how to include a combined eBay/Paypal transaction, so that everyone feels a bit safer under their buyer protection, etc. The price is still being negotiated, as is one manufacturing detail that I need to know from members whether it is important or not. As of now (Saturday morning the 7th/March) I don't have time to post the details and would better be explained with a photo anyway (which I will take today).

Bottom line, it looks like the number of initial sales will relate directly to the cost per set.

• 2 months later...

Any more luck on this? It's been several months, so I'm guessing no. A shame, I was really looking forward to this one.

If it is a matter of your own time, I would be more than happy to help you out in working with this shop or setting up the GP.

kev

• 3 months later...

I don't think anything is going on with it. I've asked a few months ago and got no response.

I'd be willing to take over this task if I was told what vendor he was dealing with. I've talked to a couple local trim restoring shops and nobody is interested in supporting this.

kev