A very sad day...

JustinD23

Our family dog, that we got when our nine year old daughter was born, died very unexpectedly from an aggressive liver cancer yesterday. She was a Rott, and was one of the sweetest dogs you'd have ever meet. Some of you here on the boards that have meet her, I'm sure would agree. I miss her a lot. The worst part of life, but a least she's not suffering. Thanks for hearing me out :(

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate it.

What makes it really hard for us, among other things, is that we took her to the vet expecting to maybe have her on some medication or something. We never thought for a second we wouldn't be bringing her home.

At the same time, I calculated that I took her on over 5000 walks in her life, not including the walks she was taken on with Mom, and the kids....

Thank you Dad, and Bill. I appreciate it. I have to be strong for the family, so this is my outlet, and as usual, you guys/gals are here for me. I can't thank you enough.

BTW, the kids are dealing with it pretty well, but it's hit mom a lot harder. We raised her from a pup, and it feels like loosing a child to be honest.

I'm sorry for your loss, it's happened in my family more than once.

Although I'm allergic to dogs, I've got three cats currently, all of which have been raised by my family and I since birth. My mother had a cat who lived just shy of 16 years - had her long before I was thought of - that was a sad day to come home from school and not see Sammy Jo bound up the stairs to greet you.

Pets are family, and it's a tragic loss.