88 Figi Blue 18K miles

RacerX3254

It's been there before. Not worth it even at 18k miles. Being an automatic makes it worth even less.

I thought it was mighty high. That is the car I am wanting though. An automatic Figi or black. (Unfortunately has to be an auto so the wife can drive if she needs to.)

Looks like a for real 1 owner car... although he has lost money on it due to not using it and selling it for less (in 2008) dollars than he paid for it in 1988 dollars, plus any expenses- tires, etc. I couldn't find an original price, but recall seeing these new & they were over $20K.

Not like one of those $3000 Hemi Cudas that are selling for $300K now :).

He'll need to find someone that really wants that car at that price, most people look at KBB or NADA, they value it with 18K miles as a 20 year old car around $2300~3000.

I wonder how many more like this are out there tucked away in a garage someplace?

Oh man, here we go again, bashing on the auto's, if you want to just have "fun" get a manual, if you want to go the fastest get an auto. everything else being equal the auto will win every time.

My car is a stick and we have a lot of the same mods and i am pretty sure it would smoke your auto. An automatic is only faster if you have the power to push it. Whats your best time?

My car is a stick and we have a lot of the same mods and i am pretty sure it would smoke your auto. An automatic is only faster if you have the power to push it. Whats your best time?

:thread20jacked8wq:

why do people consistently bash autos??? I don't care how good of a driver you are, 95% of the time the auto WILL shift faster and more consistently. You can't miss a gear, auto's dont lose boost between gears, and can hold just as much if not more power than a manual if treated properly. You can get a clutch that will hold as much torque/horsepower as you can throw at it, but the transmission won't always stand up to the abuse. These JATCO 4spds can be built to hold some serious power and do some respectable times in the 1/4.

Yes, manuals are more "fun" but how many full out drag cars/monster trucks/off-road racers do you see with a manual?? not that many.

/rant

Edited by TWCDrift

i like them both, and both can be fun...its just, what were they thinking when they designed that monstrosity of an auto shifter? its just ugly...reason enough to want a 5 speed right there...lol

and like he said, autos are usually faster. Just spend a day at the strip and see that most are autos for this exact reason.

Edited by strang3majik

If auto's are faster than why do Nascar, Formula one, Cart and pro stock drags use stick or clutchless stick? Auto's are more consistant in drag racing because most people can't launch and shift at the same intervals everytime. That's the only reason they are used. Top fuel use a clutch pack that burns up disks as it goes. Auto's use more power to turn than a gear box. Besides, our cars weren't meant to drag race. They were built for handling a road course. I have a couple of friends from England and they say over there only handicapped people and cabs use auto's. They are great for long distance trips though. In my opinion any sportscar with an auto that's not specifically for drags is an insult to the term "Sportscar".

Hey Killphil, there's no way our cars could be exactly alike, so who knows, the way mine is running right now you would blow me away, I'm still tuning it, but my transmission shifts faster than you can shift your manual, with the valve body moded, and there's no loss of boost between shifts with an auto, thats all I'm saying

But I will agree with Marso that for a road course, or just having fun on a twisty road a manual would be more fun and controllable, it is more suited to a "sports" car, which I like to think of StarQuests as being.

Hey Killphil, there's no way our cars could be exactly alike, so who knows, the way mine is running right now you would blow me away, I'm still tuning it, but my transmission shifts faster than you can shift your manual, with the valve body moded, and there's no loss of boost between shifts with an auto, thats all I'm saying

But I will agree with Marso that for a road course, or just having fun on a twisty road a manual would be more fun and controllable, it is more suited to a "sports" car, which I like to think of StarQuests as being.

In a low horsepower street car where traction is usually not an issue a stick will win as long as the person can drive. An auto with the same amount of power to the rear wheels as a stick car would win but it would have to have more mods for that to be possible so then all the variables would not be the same.

How much do you think it would cost to convert it to stick?

Hey! Look what I found:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...57557&st=20

any idea how much a transmission swap would cost? from auto to manual

it depends on how much luck you have finding parts. My first swap cost about 250 bucks, I bought a parts car for 100 bucks that had everything I needed then I bought a new clutch for 150. The second swap I just did was a bit more, maybe 350 or so, and that includes a new clutch and new mitsu bolts and clips for the flywheel and other misc. accessories.