89 Conquest shp 48K

starquestJOE

• 3 months later...

Thinking and doing are two very different things ya know

I'm talking to ronnie now about my new manifold. I was goin to just have him copy the SMB pos. now I'm just goin with one like he posted in his thread.

I was looking at injectors today. I'm still up in the air on size, high or low z ....

I want 1250 or bigger. Plan is to run e98. I can't get E anything close to me so I have to buy it by the drum. 55gl should last the summer for me. I just don't drive the car that much.

And then it still needs a real tune. I still can find someone that said yes I can tune Tec2. Everyone is I think so. So I don't want someone to try and blow the car up and say oh well

im not sure but if i remember there was a place in shamokin pa that tuned the tec2. kool car performance or somethung like that. its right on rt 61 as u r coming in to town i will see what i can find

• 4 weeks later...

Reason I went with the tec2 was I got it for basically free, and it works. It's easy to use. I've never looked at stand alone before and I got the car pretty close as far as the tune goes.

If you can find the name of that place that would be great

Plans now are to redo the wiring and move the tec into the car. Pull the motor and finish the bay. Then finally paint this thing. The injectors and manifold will come as well.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry John no burnout videos yet. Having a problem with the rad fans. I've replaced the relays, but I think one or both thremo switchs are bad. Fans used to come on at 175-180 degrees. But now the last time I tried them they didn't come on til 200 degree. So im going to swap out the switchs and go from there

Then I still have to new parts to install. The beautiful JDL manifold, 1400cc injecters, and a tial 44mm wastegate. I have a 30 pin mil spec bulk head plug for the fire wall. I only need 19 pins for the tec2. Plan is to move the tec in the car and mount to coils where the tec is mounted now

• 1 month later...

Time for a really big update! I've been collecting parts since I have bein home from the hospital. I want go back to the dyno and make 500+whp. No real reason as to way I need more horsepower and torque, cars hard enough to drive now. Its more of I have always loved the g54b, and knew it could make power. And hold together. Back in the day when 400hp was crazy power and mpi was big money to do. Not many belived the g54 could make more and be reliable. I started back in 2002 wishing I could afford the EIP part and make big power like they had. So now 12 years later im climbing the horsepower list and set a great start at 464whp. Now I want more... more power. So here is a list of parts I have ready and waiting to be installed.

JDL T3 manifold with a single tial 44mm vband

1400cc low z Five O injectors n thanks sserpetkiller

75mm professional power throttle body

WELD ON tank sump

New laptop to tune with thanks Tman

ACT MAXX EXTREME 2900 Clutch kit

I believe fixing the handy caps the car has being the 650cc injectors, broken smb junk manifold, and leaking throttle body shaft seals should take me to 500hp. Also finally get a professional tune. And if I have to run water meth for reliability okay.

And for over to winter I will be building some one off parts and testing them on my car before possibly making more. One big thing i want is a tube k - member and make/convert the lower control arm to a A arm. Which would make the lower stronger but also do away with the radius rods. I have more things planned but time will tell. I have to build my welding table first. Everything will be tig welded as well

Nice i see you been at this build a long time and giving much love to the G54B.

Great that you was able to reach one of your whp goals and look forward seeing

the next stage of 500whp or maybe more.Good luck and i hope you surpass that

500whp mark.

550hp can be done. I think a new cam will be needed, a 292. I have all the other supporting mods along with the new parts may just pull 550.

That 292 cam will it be a roller cam setup or hydraulic, mechanical and will you

be using schneider springs or beehive springs?