41K original mile Fiji spotted (5spd)

Opel-Quest

So I ran into a guy here in Denver (actually he only lives a couple of blocks from me) driving a pristine 89 Fiji. I started talking with him about it and it turns out this car only has 41k original miles.

It's a 5spd, SHP, Fiji, TOTALLY STOCK.

It was wrecked when he got it. He put fresh paint on it new tires and is now driving it occasionally.

He says all together he has $3500 invested in the car!

No he won't sell because........are you ready for this????

ITS FOR HIS 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost cried right then and there!!!

I mean, it's great that he is giving his daughter a nice car and all, but holy crap! a beautiful, unmolested, low miles, Conquest???

He had just finished telling me how fast they are, and how he had blown off an SRT4 that morning with it!!

I can only hope that he will come to his senses and sell me the car before his daughter turns 16 (haha).

She is only 14 now, so at least there is a chance!!

I bought my first quest (pictured below) from a 16 year old girls dad. She drove it every day but got like 2 tickets in it and refused to drive it anymore.

I see no crime in having a 16 year old driving one of these cars :D

Plus - he bought the car wrecked and fixed it so that she could drive it - and she's only 14 - meaning there is a HIGH chance she will learn on the car itself.

My first car was a 72 Monte Carlo with a built 350. I did not kill my self or crash it although I did get quite a few tickets as it attracted a lot of attention. Hopefully this guy knows his daughter is responsible enough before he gives it to her.

It's a 5spd, SHP, Fiji, TOTALLY STOCK.

He put fresh paint on it new tires and is now driving it occasionally.

He says all together he has $3500 invested in the car!

He had just finished telling me how fast they are, and how he had blown off an SRT4 that morning with it!!

1) He lied... A stock SQ will not beat an SRT4, let alone blow it's doors off.

2) So what, his car and he can do what he likes with it.

If my '83 doesn't sell (I'm the 2nd owner and it has under 24K original miles), I'll give it to my daughter when she's older. (she'll be 12 in sept)

I see no crime in having a 16 year old driving one of these cars :D

Plus - he bought the car wrecked and fixed it so that she could drive it - and she's only 14 - meaning there is a HIGH chance she will FLIP the car itself.

Yea, i dont see no crime neither.

I think there was some guy that drove a starquest, and rolled it few times, and he was like...... 21 years old.

Cant seem to remember his name though.

1) He lied... A stock SQ will not beat an SRT4, let alone blow it's doors off.

2) So what, his car and he can do what he likes with it.

If my '83 doesn't sell (I'm the 2nd owner and it has under 24K original miles), I'll give it to my daughter when she's older. (she'll be 12 in sept)

Yeah, I know....to each his own.

I guess I'm just a little jealous. The only Starquest I have ever owned still doesn't drive. I've only been for a ride in one once, and I would hate to see such a beautiful example getting trashed in a high school parking lot.

Back in the day I had more than a few dents, dings, and scratches put on my ride by unknowing teenagers.

If his daughter respects the gift and safety then I think it's wonderful for her!

Someday I will undoubtedly put my son, in a safe, reliable, but decidedly bada#% ride!!

MY first car was my black 88. These are great first cars because they are fast and cheap. :). Maybe not for the irresponsible, or those that drive in the snow, but a fun "high school" car.

but most kids i know are crappy drivers that think they can drive like fast and the furious

hahaha....that describes englewood kids exactly.

but, my black one is my first, but, I did all the body work on it, and am doing so on my cuda, so...I dont wanna screw it up....lol

doing the work yourself helps you appreciate it better.

Like was said, depends on the person......and amen on the fun high school car comment. :thumbsup:

Edited by strang3majik