The Official SQC Wheel Thread

just throwing this in here, i dont know anything about the wheels, though i am trying to buy them from my father somehow lol.

eibach springs

rear wheels are 15x8's with 28x11.5-15, fronts i have no clue

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/IMG_20110529_185122.jpg

Edited by Skullzaflare

• 2 weeks later...

anyone on here running a 9.5 up front with a 0 offset. i wanna see if mine would poke any or would it flush out with my 235 tire

In this pic the red car w white wheels (my old set) is wearing a 17x9 +27 with a 7mm slip on spacer (for effective offset of +20).

If you want to run the wheel you mention above, expect the rim to stick out past the fender another 32mm.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/nomad1856/DSCF7360.jpg

isn't the panoz a kit car built on mustang parts? I ask because if they are running mustang friendly wheels, I would think you'd have to run spacers.

oh, no Patra I definately do run 1 1/4" spacers in the rear and 1/4" spacers in the front. They bolt right up but the offset isn't perfect for a SQ.

In this pic the red car w white wheels (my old set) is wearing a 17x9 +27 with a 7mm slip on spacer (for effective offset of +20).

If you want to run the wheel you mention above, expect the rim to stick out past the fender another 32mm.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/nomad1856/DSCF7360.jpg

With the white Cobra R's ... what size tire did you have?

Ive got 17 x 9 OEM Cobra R's +24 and I don't think I can get by with much less than 12mm spacer.

With the white Cobra R's ... what size tire did you have?

Ive got 17 x 9 OEM Cobra R's +24 and I don't think I can get by with much less than 12mm spacer.

Those on the front are Hankook 245/45/17. There rear are 17x10.5 +24 and a 25mm spacer (-1 effective offset) wearing Hankook 275/40/17.

I'm just shooting a "what if" out there to clarify some stuff for myself and others that are interested in getting some perfect fitment on their cars.

In terms of offset, if you have the following wheels (theoretical):

17x9 +20 offset

17x10 +20 offset

Would the front face of the wheel (the part that sticks out the most on the car) be on the same plane with both wheels, or would the 10" rim be an extra half inch out because of its extra width?

This is assuming that when you go up an inch in rim width that they add a half inch to the inside and a half inch to the outside of the rim width.

Just trying to sort stuff out before I order spacers for my setup. Thanks!

Edited by polarisman14

I'm just shooting a "what if" out there to clarify some stuff for myself and others that are interested in getting some perfect fitment on their cars.

17x9 +20 offset

17x10 +20 offset

Would the front face of the wheel (the part that sticks out the most on the car) be on the same plane with both wheels, or would the 10" rim be an extra half inch out because of its extra width?

This is assuming that when you go up an inch in rim width that they add a half inch to the inside and a half inch to the outside of the rim width.

In your example, I'm thinking you have it right. You would be adding the 1" on both sides. To do it any other way would alter the offset.

The problem I found my my quest is the original wheels didn't have the same offset. So my +24 rims w/ a 1" spacer could use just a taste more spacer in the rear and less spacer in the front. Right now my front wheels are extending our of the wheel wells (a look I hate.

17x9 +20 offset

17x10 +20 offset

Just by a general rule of thumb, our rear wheels (if the same width as the fronts) need 25mm lower offset, so to make them sit even with each other you'd need a 15mm spacer out back.

BUT, those fronts are gonna hit the strut if you still have the stock spring perch, D2's will probably be getting close to touching the rim, but sleeve-overs on stock struts and trimmed perch should clear, barely. My 18x8.5 22mm offset running 235/40's the tire is about a small finger's width from the stock lower springperch

so I'd go for 15mm and 30mm spacers, and that would get you really close to the fenders (Remember, this is all HIGHLY dependent on what camber angles you are willing to run, as well as tire sizes)

Edited by D_Venable

Just by a general rule of thumb, our rear wheels (if the same width as the fronts) need 25mm lower offset, so to make them sit even with each other you'd need a 15mm spacer out back.

BUT, those fronts are gonna hit the strut if you still have the stock spring perch, D2's will probably be getting close to touching the rim, but sleeve-overs on stock struts and trimmed perch should clear, barely. My 18x8.5 22mm offset running 235/40's the tire is about a small finger's width from the stock lower springperch

so I'd go for 15mm and 30mm spacers, and that would get you really close to the fenders (Remember, this is all HIGHLY dependent on what camber angles you are willing to run, as well as tire sizes)

Do you have a ready source for the spacers?

My issue is that the wheels I have are Mustang wheels. I will have to get a centerbore equal to the mustang wheels so that the spacers will fit with the wheels, then will have to get hubcentric rings to shim the hub to the spacer.

Either way, ebay all the way on the spacers.

I am planning on running -2 camber in the front and rear, maybe an extra half degree in the front if necessary. I have the mookeeh camber plates front and rear.

The specs on my wheels are as follows:

Front: 17x9 +24mm offset, 215/45/17 tire

Rear: 17x10 +20mm offset, 245/40/17 tire

I'm planning on running a 30mm spacer in the front and rear which will give me -6 and -10 effective offsets. This won't look very extreme but instead of boosted88's 3 degrees of camber or molto's 4 degrees (or so it looks) my degree less of camber will move the top of the wheel out 5 or 10mm further out, respectively.

I want a bit more poke in the rear than in the front but I don't want it to be unmanageable. MoltoMario's setup with the concave wheels is pretty close to the look I'm after but not quite as extreme. A bit less stretch and poke but a solid setup nonetheless, and leaves the speedo accurate to boot. It also will wear tires a bit slower as a result of less negative camber.

Edited by polarisman14

My issue is that the wheels I have are Mustang wheels. I will have to get a centerbore equal to the mustang wheels so that the spacers will fit with the wheels, then will have to get hubcentric rings to shim the hub to the spacer.

Either way, ebay all the way on the spacers.

I am planning on running -2 camber in the front and rear, maybe an extra half degree in the front if necessary. I have the mookeeh camber plates front and rear.

The specs on my wheels are as follows:

Front: 17x9 +24mm offset, 215/45/17 tire

Rear: 17x10 +20mm offset, 245/40/17 tire

I'm planning on running a 30mm spacer in the front and rear which will give me -6 and -10 effective offsets. This won't look very extreme but instead of boosted88's 3 degrees of camber or molto's 4 degrees (or so it looks) my degree less of camber will move the top of the wheel out 5 or 10mm further out, respectively.

I want a bit more poke in the rear than in the front but I don't want it to be unmanageable. MoltoMario's setup with the concave wheels is pretty close to the look I'm after but not quite as extreme. A bit less stretch and poke but a solid setup nonetheless, and leaves the speedo accurate to boot. It also will wear tires a bit slower as a result of less negative camber.

With the same front rim specs you have and a 245/45/17 tire... the 25MM pushed my tire almost beyond the fender lip. I think with a 30mm you are really going to be out there.

I am having my fenders rolled to roll the lip up and in which should give me a bit more rim clearance. Plus you have to consider that there is 15mm less width on each side of the tire (inside and outside) which bevels the shoulder of the wheel in that much. I took some measurements yesterday with 25mm worth of washers on the lugs (almost the whole lug's length).

Plus, that's why they call it "poke". The rim's outer face may be outside the fender slightly but the tire will be within it, and because the suspension articulates in an arc ( it'll move up and in when I hit bumps.

They didn't have 30mm so I had to go with 1.25" (31.75mm") front and rear. We'll see what it looks like! -_-

Got my wheels fitted up. Not extreme fitment by any means and the suspension will settle another quarter inch or so over time maybe a bit more...Coilovers are all the way down (Ground Control) so that's as good as it's gonna get. Mookeeh camber plates are maxed out in the front for negative camber and the rears are about halfway through their negative camber adjustment. I may take out a degree of camber in the front but this is how it's gonna fit.

Fenders do not need to be rolled whatsoever front or rear. The rear fitment came up a bit short so I'll be ordering some 5mm spacers to go with these. The pic is with 5mm worth of washers on the rear to check fitment and my wheel spec numbers reflect that. There's plenty of meat on the lugs to do that as the lugs come within a mm or so of bottoming out when tightening the wheels on.

Specs are 17x9 24mm offset with 32mm spacers in the front, 215/45/17 tires and 17x10 20mm offset with 37mm of spacer in the rear. This gives effective offsets of -8 in the front and -17 in the rear.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/polarisman14/StarQuest/0617111038.jpg

• Like 1

They are BOSS 338

Front are 18x8 +14 offset lip is 1 1/2 tire is 215/35 no spacer

Rear are 18x9.5 -4 offset lip is 3 1/2 tire is 265/35 no spacer

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks Tim

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/1jzconquest/phone162.jpg

can you post a profile pic of this?

The pictures really don't do them justice. They look good on there--I agree I wish they had pointed spokes but it wasn't an option and especially for the money ($1,000 for rims, tires, spacers mounted balanced and installed) it's hard to beat.

finally got tires

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/C360_2011-06-2421-30-56_org.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/C360_2011-06-2420-26-32.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/C360_2011-06-2421-37-08.jpg