SQ vs. Ford Focus ZX3

Fanta

So I was driving towards jonboyb's to get my noise(s) examined, cruising down the highway doing about 70. Here came along this white, lowered, HID bodykitted, with red neons and obnoxious muffler ZX3 Focus ( the hatchback version for those not familiar with the numerical designations ). He passed it while I was shaking my head and sighing at his tribal graphics, when I noticed he was braking up to get along side me. And then dropped a gear and paced me. I didn't really feel up to it till he floored and cut somewhat close in front of me. :evil: I dropped it down into 4th and punched it. My little 12A of terror screamed to 10 psi and I came up on his a** fast. Switched lanes to get beside him, paced him, glared at him, and gave him the one finger salute before I punched it again and watched him feebily attempt at catching up. I had pulled almost 2 bus length's on this little punk before I decided to cut it out. I was start to go over 95 ( nothing special, but amusing due to the fact on how much I pulled ahead of that Focus ) when I decided to shut down due to an uncomfortable vibration that was occuring at those speeds ( wheels need to be rebalanced apparently ). So this ZX3 screams by me and keeps going.

3 minutes later I see him pulled over :lol: As I passed him I let my 1g BOV say goodbye :lol:

yea these guys like to think they got something.

i ran across one on a way out in b.f.e. backroad several months ago in the blue quest. i was a little ticked at the g/f and was just driving fast and caught up to him only to find out he wanted to play. he sped up to about 80 from 65 and when i stayed with him he went up to about 90ish and i decided it was enough pulled up to him and passed him popping the bov right beside him before i pulled on around him and left him wayyyyy back. the fool even had the nerve to bright light me once i was in front of him. what an a**.

o yea i forgot to mention, when my 83 started acting up recently some punk kid in a zx3 tried to race me at a light but my damn car choked and started having her mood swings at the wrong damn time. after this the damn kid waited for me to catch up with my sputtering car and threw me a peace sign and flored it, leaving me way behind. I kept telling myself someday i'll smoke the living crap outta one of those. so fanta in a way you took revenge for me. and im even happier it was a punk kid too! lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
every twobit punk w/ a manual wants to take on the StarQuest. whats up w/ that. it's insulting that they think they can run with it.

my first turbo is this car till now I had a cougar...you gotta learn before you play.... I knew my limits and just smiled at the faster cars(i.e sti,tsi,challanger,mustang...ect) now tho ...I dono even know what I can play with lol . ( BTW) my cougar played with svt focus fine...pulled second harder , tide third..soooolol great driving.)

Edited by silkdagger05

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
LOL. I like this story. Kinda the equivalent of a domestic ricer. I personally have a 400hp focus that does the quarter in ~12s but I'm parting it out for a SQ cause they're a lot more fun. RWD FTW.

lol...a friend of mine has a brand new Ford Focus (I think they're like 140hp) mommy and daddy bought him and he thinks its a rocket...

but...you all know about my Omni GLH....

well...in its current trim, with the original plugs/wires/cap/rotor, and the oil that was in it when I picked it up...

I whooped his arse...lol Now thats shameful. The Omni is running good...but, is by no means running tip top, and I still beat him.

And, believe me...he wants me to race him in the Quest...but, I'm not even going to waste my time :P

LOL they must have been beaten to hell. The zetec models have 130hp stock. :lol:

Yeah that's crank HP though not WHP. WHP stock is 105-110 depending on whether or not you have a monday wednesday or friday car, lol.

The omnis are pretty quick because of how light they are--when I just had intake and exhaust on mine I was dead even with my buddy's non GLH omni. Even if you find a focus that's quick I'd still rather be in a SQ...And this is coming from a focus owner.