paint or not to paint

Outlander

Paint or not to paint  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• Paint
    • Don't paint

The paint will not hold the heat and will not effect performance what sover.

I would paint it. Myself, im super duper OCD about details. paint and clean everything!

They look pretty decent just cleaned up. If you paint it black it makes it harder to spot any leaks under the car that normally run down the tranny towards the back. I would go with silver if you want to paint it.

Jimmy

just clean it good,,that will stay looking good longer then any paint,, one thing when cleaning remember things like purple power and strong degreasers have acid in them,, acid dulls alum if left on too long

and as Jimmy says any dark color makes seeing any thing very hard

well I did get out the pressure washer and gave it a good blasting the other day. It looks alot better but as I slowly step forward on this car I want it to slowly look better and not just go faster. For right not I own an 87 rust free car with very little body damage, runs good for a mostly stocker. But the direction for now is getting as much safe HP out of the G54B without going MPI and having the car repainted and slicked up so I have something to play around with and take on road trips. Since I have a tranny out of the car I thought it would look nice gloss black and then later on when I build a motor Paint the block to match. :wink:

^^^ The right way to do it.

Do not paint your tranny you ricer what did you eat for breakfast?

Stop eating it.

Natural aluminum FTW.

X2.

Mine looks like new after using a hot water pressure washer and about 2 bottles of industrial degreaser. It is still shiny and new in places. I may have to snap a pic or two and show off my work. :wink:

Paint can peel and flake...and then look like A$$.

I just cleaned mine...BUT.....

The tranny shop that rebuilds out trannies, paints them. I've seen cars come back years later, and they still look good. I should ask them what they use.

The tranny shop that rebuilds out trannies, paints them. I've seen cars come back years later, and they still look good. I should ask them what they use.

It's probably more in the prep than the paint. They have to be absolutley free of grease and grime before paint will stick well. I know lots of trans shops have a hot tank. After hot-tanking a trans case it should hold paint nicely. I didn't hot-tank mine because it dulls the aluminum. I just pressure washed it to death.

It's probably more in the prep than the paint. They have to be absolutley free of grease and grime before paint will stick well. I know lots of trans shops have a hot tank. After hot-tanking a trans case it should hold paint nicely. I didn't hot-tank mine because it dulls the aluminum. I just pressure washed it to death.

well, yes.

The best look IMO is aluminum that has been bead/sand blasted.