Dad got his Prelude out of the paint booth INTERIOR PICS

jwrape

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oOo nice! Preludes are overall decent cars, and have some nice pickup on the SI models.

Does the Volvo really get that bad of gas mileage?

No, not bad, it gets 21mpg, but when i drive 100 miles a day to and from work and gas is gonna hit $4 per gallon this summer, I NEED to save my going out to eat money for going out to eat and not feeding the car to get to work. :wink:

Ah. I'd go with a Civic then :lol:

NO CIVIC. Why civic when you can Benz for the same money.

I can get a 99-2000 SLK230 for the same price as a 2003 Civic. The difference, SLK is convertible and most likely is better maintained than the civic. :D It's a no brainer for me.

On top of that, i still have the Quest...

Have you put the engine yet in that thing? Or are you still tootin around in the black one that your dad got

Truth is, i haven't worked on either. I need to do a little to the SHP and I am sitting on go to drop the motor in mine.

The motor is sitting righ in front of the car waiting to drop in, I cleaned the rest of the engine bay and it looks awesome, I HAVE been stripping and painting the oil pan silver to match the block. I also cleaned the oil cooler and lines. It's ready, just have to get some time to myself.

Prolly just a full day of working on it and I can get it started.

This week is dedicated to putting the factory springs back under the Volvo so I can put it up for sale. Maybe in a couple weeks I will get a free moment. I hate that it's so close but so far.

Ah, I know how you feel. You have to let me know when its running :D Or going to :D

I need to clean under mine to track down the little oil leak it now has. Then throw my rims up on it :D

Yea, it was not fun cleaning it and I actually ended up pressure washing the driveway after to get the grease and water stains off even though i had a tarp under the car to catch the majority. But it will be clean now.

Ah, I know how you feel. You have to let me know when its running :D Or going to :D

I need to clean under mine to track down the little oil leak it now has. Then throw my rims up on it :D

Yea, it was not fun cleaning it and I actually ended up pressure washing the driveway after to get the grease and water stains off even though i had a tarp under the car to catch the majority. But it will be clean now.

Kitty litter would have worked better ;) :lol: I would know... I need to reclean the driveway

i've never driven that particular body style of Prelude, but i absolutely love the last generation of them. super fun cars as daily drivers.

the prelude does look pretty nice, whats that weird little spoiler next to the tail light? is that were the fender flares end?

it looks a bit odd with staggered rims to me. Knowing its a fwd with wider rear wheels but its not my car:)

in this pic just about where teh bumper seam is. its like the spoiler carries on down the 1/4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jwrape/ATT1124161.jpg

i wasnt sure if it was a camera trick or actually something there like the old porche 924 super widebody cars that just had a gap

in this pic just about where teh bumper seam is. its like the spoiler carries on down the 1/4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jwrape/ATT1124161.jpg

i wasnt sure if it was a camera trick or actually something there like the old porche 924 super widebody cars that just had a gap

not sure

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's finally all together and the interior was just re-done in Maroon and Black and now all together. Here is the lateest pic he sent me.,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jwrape/Prelude.jpg

Well it's finally all together and the interior was just re-done in Maroon and Black and now all together. Here is the lateest pic he sent me.,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jwrape/Prelude.jpg

your dad is such a ricer :lol:

your dad is such a ricer :lol:

Yea, you could say that, but then again you can look at this car and see the stance and the staggered wheels and see that he is a Muscle car person trying to pose as a ricer. :hmm3grin2orange:

Not too many ricers would put a 2.5" lip on the rear of their Honda's and make it look good. LOL!

Yea, you could say that, but then again you can look at this car and see the stance and the staggered wheels and see that he is a Muscle car person trying to pose as a ricer. :hmm3grin2orange:

Not too many ricers would put a 2.5" lip on the rear of their Honda's and make it look good. LOL!

sell it on IA lol