FS: 86 ESi-R Widebody w/ 42k ORIGINAL *$5500*

Stealthy

I have never seen so many bumps for a car that the owner says "well I'll just keep it" Now I know in some places our cars are worth more. But for the west coast your lucky to get 3k for a cherry car.

yours 1500 to 2k tops no way for 7k heck there are better cars out here for just a little more that are nicer. ther are worse for alot lett and cars in the same shape for 1 or 2k

If you like it keep it. If you want really want to sell it take the 7k away

and come up with a resonable price. I'm thinking more like 3k but figure on 1500 to 2k or put it up as best offer that will get you some free bumps without anoying people

just my two cents

like the rims, shine it up real nice and craigslist it

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen so many bumps for a car that the owner says "well I'll just keep it" Now I know in some places our cars are worth more. But for the west coast your lucky to get 3k for a cherry car.

yours 1500 to 2k tops no way for 7k heck there are better cars out here for just a little more that are nicer. ther are worse for alot lett and cars in the same shape for 1 or 2k

If you like it keep it. If you want really want to sell it take the 7k away

and come up with a resonable price. I'm thinking more like 3k but figure on 1500 to 2k or put it up as best offer that will get you some free bumps without anoying people

just my two cents

like the rims, shine it up real nice and craigslist it

Hey, thanks for your completely useless negativity.. Just an FYI, I just worked a $6400 deal on it (that would be between $4400-4900, from your prices). I'm just waiting on his bank to process the $$.

Your cruising along at 50 mph, and your taking pics of your odometer? wt.... are you thinking? :shock: :lol: J/K, that thing is sweet looking. Looks like in some of the pics that the rear quarter glass trim is painted black, instead of flat black. If so, that's a nice touch.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice car. I didn't and don't see a person not just this car but anybody getting the price for this car. There are other cars just as nice or nicer that have not sold most for less that what you say you got.

Again it is a nice car I'm glad you got your price, and thats that.

Here is why he wants a 63 Ragtop guys! The VW bug is the baddest car ever! Those of you that might know me know that I love the starquest and I should have never gotten rid of my Greenstar. I regret it to this day. But, I built one sweet bug after I sold it and I don't regret that. I am in the market to buy another starquest but I am taking my time and checking out everything. So untill then, here is a pic of my bug! Stealth Si, I would have kept the starquest and saved up for the bug man. They both are bad a** cars. Steve

%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A//i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/star86quest/IMG_0416.jpg[/img]

%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A//i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/star86quest/HotVWs.jpg[/img]

Well I never said the bug was better than a starquest number one. I have been messing around with bugs since I was 11 and I am now 31! So not real cool do hop on this thread and bash bugs. Everyone has there own flavors. There are plenty of people that think the starquest is hideous looking but would never post about it unless there were a***************s. I personally love the starquest in every which way. I plan on getting another one real soon. How many of you can say you have had your starquest in a magazine. My bug has been in three. And as far as resale, I have $15,000 into my bug and I could probably get $22,000 right now for it. I probably had about $8,000 or so into my Starion and could only sell it for $4,500. My 2 cents!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so the buyer flaked (surprise, surprise)..

Anyways, I had planned on keeping it at that point, but I've recently had to take both of my daughters to the hospital, and I NEED the $$.. I've lowered the price $1500+. I'm asking $5500 OBO now. someone come get her please.

hope your kids are ok, good luck with the sale
Thanks man, I still really don't wanna sell it, but both my girls have double ear infections, and my youngest has a heart murmur. I need the money for meds, and the time the wife and I have to take from work.

Hmm... I don't want to lowball, but I'll talk to the bank if you'll let it go for $4750! Otherwise, I'll just fix the one I have. I figure I'll be paying about $300 on an engine rebuild, maybe $150 on some minor dent repairs, $900-1300 on paint, and I'll be good.
PM'd

I sold my 89 on ebay. Everyone here offered me no more than $2k, on ebay the bidding went up to $3500. Someone that saw it on ebay finally bought it off me for $7k. Use ebay and take your time. I believe your price is fair. I would not sell it for anything less. My car had many upgrades and I got back exactly what I put in to it, except my labor.