NEED Crank asap

redTSI99

I had a auto crank you can have if you can come get it; say over thanks giving.It spun a rod bearing but is stock specs.I think is'the 3rd journal.Haven't looked at it in a while but keep tripping over it.

Glad to help somebody if I can.

Live in Tullahoma near Arnold AFB.Just get on I-24 and head west.

I don't have any plans for this car being built wise..just a nice little daily driver...what would be the problem with using the caravan crank I know its not treated, but im not looking for anything more than stock...would it be ok to use for what im looking for or should I go the other direction??

My first built motor had a caravan crank in it. And it ran fine. The only reason I didn't reuse that crank is because the motor lost oil pressure and killed all the bearings. There was no problems with it. On a stock motor, a NA crank will do just fine.

Ask yourself, how hard is it to breaka crank? PRETTY HARD!!

The nitriding is wear protection. Has nothing to do with breakage.

Principal reasons for nitriding are:

To obtain high surface hardness

To increase wear resistance

To improve fatigue life

To improve corrosion resistance (except for stainless steels), and

To obtain a surface that is resistant to the softening effect of heat at temperatures up to the nitriding temperature

Turbo cars put more stress on the crank than N/A motors. Sure a caravan crank will work, just not likely to last as long as a nitrided one.