Magna M6/M7 heads $350!

Frosty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning Frosty,

Understand the first three Magna-MPI setups are sold but if available down the road please make me # four for availability in the next shipping group. That should leave you two more orders needed unless you have them already. I'll be forwarding to Chad for mods. PM me with details etc. or e-mail at the following:

Thanks-TTYL,

Dennis

PORTSMOUTH-PATRIOT

denniskmoody@cox.net

401-683-6414

Any more info yet on the shipment.

Jeez mate, give me a chance ;)

I picked up the required intakes yesterday and then some.

they will be pressure washed after work tomorrow night and possibly dismantled before being packaged and shipped to save room.

I imagine Chad would have to dismantle them before beginning his modifications anyhow.

I'm trying to get 'em sent out as quickly as possible. but i'm not superman ;)

Good Morning Frosty,

Understand the first three Magna-MPI setups are sold but if available down the road please make me # four for availability in the next shipping group. That should leave you two more orders needed unless you have them already. I'll be forwarding to Chad for mods. PM me with details etc. or e-mail at the following:

Thanks-TTYL,

Dennis

PORTSMOUTH-PATRIOT

denniskmoody@cox.net

401-683-6414

No worries Dennis, I've got enough intakes for a second shipment of three.

If Chad still wants one then you're just one person short.

we'lll try to sort that out as soon as these first three are out of my hands ;)

The intakes have been washed, did them during my lunch break. will post pics up ASAP.

should be able to package them tonight or tomorrow night if all goes to plan.

I'm hoping to have received payment and sent them off before the weekend.

the sooner they're on the ocean the more chance they'll beat the christmas rush. ;)

Hey all, the first three intakes have been sent to chad.

yes, I will be doing another round of intakes shortly (a week or so). things are just so busy at the moment. remember i'm not a business, just a regular joe. I have 6 intakes in my posession, so there will probably be a third shipment too unless chad objects.

Cheers, Ian Frost.

It's cool man, I'm in no rush. Question though, are you just doing intake manifolds now? I'd like a the intake and the M6/M7 head (and a price). I'm assuming the intakes need less modifications if mated to a Magna head. Thanks alot man.

yes I'm still offering cylinder heads.

the only incompatibility between the magna head and the US heads are that the magna has a much larger water port at the rear.

if a person was to use a magna cylinder head and a standard starion TBI intake, they would have to add a bit of extra aluminium (about half an inch) to the top of the water gallery on the intake so that it would adequately seal the water in.

the magna MPI intakes require the same modifications regardless of which cylinder head you use.

im considering the head and the intake...my only concern is regarding compatability of parts between the heads and other parts of my engine bay. also are the head gaskets the same? do you by chance have a bit more of a description of how you have to modify the tb intake? because i plan to use it untill i have all of the required parts to use the mpi intake. thank you for what your doing by the way a machine shop in my area wanted to charge me 450$ to weld my cracked head back togather. thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
im considering the head and the intake...my only concern is regarding compatability of parts between the heads and other parts of my engine bay. also are the head gaskets the same? do you by chance have a bit more of a description of how you have to modify the tb intake? because i plan to use it untill i have all of the required parts to use the mpi intake. thank you for what your doing by the way a machine shop in my area wanted to charge me 450$ to weld my cracked head back togather. thanks again

sorry i haven't been on the boards much to answer questions recently, it's been a madhouse at work lately and i haven't had a chance to pop in.

ok first off, welding cylinder heads is always something that should be avoided. they don't like heat.

I've got some pics of the incompatibility between the magna head and the standard starion TBI manifold. (this is actually a carburettor manifold coz we don't have TBI manifolds in Aus) ;)

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6947/theothergapvv9.th.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/204/thegapbg7.th.jpg

as you will see there is only a small amount of TIG welding to enlarge the face of the manifold to cover up the rear water port. and voila! after that it shoul be a bolt-on job. :)

NOTE: weld the intake!! not the cylinder head!!

I'm going to be doing my second shipment of three intakes VERY soon, most likely 2 of 3 spots are already filled. but we will see lol.

there'll be more to come so there's no pressure on anyone to get in straight away.

but like anything these things take time. :)

I've sourced a good supplier of manifold gaskets for a decent price, I'll try to sneak as many as I can in with the manfolds while still being under 20kg, saves on shipping, here's hoping it's quite a few :)

and I've still got a few good cylinder heads so if anyone wants one of those give me a PM, I'll try to get onto every pm ASAP.

Cheers, Ian Frost.

PORTSMOUTH-PATRIOT

emj_304

Chad.

please reply to your pm's regarding the next three intakes, I'm trying to do this on a first come first served basis so everyone gets a chance.

if you are no longer interested then please let me know because I have other people who are. thankyou :)