CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION CLUTCH KIT ANYONE?

101PROPOSE

i dont think you'll have many people wanting the centerforce clutchs for these cars... They are garbage and slip under stock boost conditions most times.. ive had great luck with them with other cars... but most guys will tell you that they suck for these... I myself have one and hate it.. its been slipping since damn near day one even when i did a proper break in

Yah, not to be a negitive in someone elses GP, but they have a trerrible reputation among starquests. Way too many failed units, some with under 1000 miles.

ACT or Spec have good products with better success rates on this motor.

hello members,

i did not know but it looks like centerforce clutch has really bad reputation.

i have centerforce dual friction clutch kit for my 87 and never slipped and i really like the smooth engaging feel as stock kit.

i could be wrong but act makes kits only for 88-89 starion with bigger size flywheel?

hello members,

i did not know but it looks like centerforce clutch has really bad reputation.

i have centerforce dual friction clutch kit for my 87 and never slipped and i really like the smooth engaging feel as stock kit.

i could be wrong but act makes kits only for 88-89 starion with bigger size flywheel?

but If your going to upgreade you clutch it would be pointless to go with the pre-87 clutch

theres clutch's that will hold for the pre 88 flywheel actually theres alot more choices for the smaller flywheel and they can hold. Monty's in the 13's with the smaller flywheel. so can we please stop bashing like it's got aids or the bird flu

also 101 can you listed your mods so we can compair because i dont think anyones run a centerforce in awhile and they could of improved the design since the last time used

The problem i had with the centerforce... years ago... was that they wouldnt release at higher rpm. Drag racing... ect. I was a little over stock power at that time. For a DD and NOTHING else i would use it. Centerforce is a great company and make a great product but doesnt do much on our car. If you want a stock feel try a spec stage 2.

also 101 can you listed your mods so we can compair because i dont think anyones run a centerforce in awhile and they could of improved the design since the last time used

bored 0.040

3" turbo back

12a stock turbo

12 psi with mbc

hardpipes with bov

+ most of free mods

never been to a track but the best time i did on the g-tech was 14.6

street raced mustangs old 5.0 and 4.6(mostly stock) and used to beat them.

i never felt my centerforce clutch slipping.

bored 0.040

3" turbo back

12a stock turbo

12 psi with mbc

hardpipes with bov

+ most of free mods

never been to a track but the best time i did on the g-tech was 14.6

street raced mustangs old 5.0 and 4.6(mostly stock) and used to beat them.

i never felt my centerforce clutch slipping.

mine slipped like hell on these mods that u have...

its even worse now that ive got a bigger turbo..

I am not trying to stir up a bunch of S@#T but I have run a center force with a 6 puck disc for several years, Had it on a TBI that was making 245whp, 330ftlbs trq and then went MPI making 350whp and 320ftlbs. with that said it is definately a pain in the but in bad traffic and it is definately grabby but I attribute that to the disc not the pressure plate? I have been considering reusing the PP with a new Disc something a little more streetable when the car is finished but havn't made up my mind.

In short while they have a bad rep mine has taken some serious beatings and never slipped that I know of, as a matter of fact it is difficult to even slip on purpose!

my point is I think it has more to do with the disc selection than the PP or the combination you select! I have not tried the dual friction but center force does make good products.

MY2cent :wink:

pegoma.. I actualy just put a stock disk in with the centerforce pressure plate..

It grabs like hell.. its a million times more grabby than the stock disk that came with it.. and its NOT SLIPPING!!!...

Glad to hear you found a good combination let us know if how it holds up, I am actually considering using a Spec or ACT disc with my CF pressure plate....?