Turbo LS1 Conquest

exorcized

He ran a 7.63et at 94 mph in the 1/8 but it was running real rich and it was hot as hell.

Hopefully he can get a tune on it before the meet in GA but he'll be there either way.

Was he on street tires? That's a pretty weak ET for a 600hp car...........also is that 600 RWHP or BHP? What's the 1/4 mile times for the car?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posted an 11.3 @ 127 in GA on slicks and was having traction problems (we all were). That run had his 60' time at 1.8 seconds but w/ that trap speed and good traction it should run in the mid 10's.

We knew that the weight transfer was bad and that something needs to be done about the rear suspension but little did we know that when he was launching, the rear a-arms were slamming the subframe. Once it was on the lift back at the shop, we could see where the arms were making contact w/ the frame. It is losing a lot of energy and not planting the tires for full traction off the line.

We went to BRE for their open house yesterday and put it on the dyno. The power band was looking good until 4000 rpms and then the tires started to spin and little pieces of tire started to fly around so he shut it down. It was a four wheel dyno w/ groves in the rollers so next time we will go to a dyno w/ a solid drum.

Guest Kenmarrow
It seems we are both having the same problem.. getting the sixty foot times lower.. mine at 1.81 thats on MT street et radials went tru traps at 11.5 @ 119.3 So you right with a 127 speed it should do 10's But we need to get better sixtys to get there faster.. Like the guy I run with.. was 1.46 @60' thru traps 119.4 mph @ 10.9 secs. So like you said we can go into the 10's just need more track time... But I do not believe I will do much more with mine, I like it for the street too. Maybe I will change my intake this winter and go to Scotty's meet again in the spring.. Later and have fun Ken

He decided to go a different way and I snatched those up, apparently before UNDRPRSR knew about them

I hope they work well for you, he didn't care for the set-up. I was there practacally the first day they opened and I remember when he was experimenting w/ those calipers. We will have something a lot better in the near future.

Thanks

I fianlly drove my car over the weekend. The greasted benifit from them, so far is the weight loss. Other then that they give about the same feel. But at the same time, my MC is on it's way out. I'll have to replace it then see what I get.

Tell everybody at CIN MotorSports the Dawggie said "Wha Up".

• 3 weeks later...
..also is that 600 RWHP or BHP?

I think that's the same thing. You're looking for Wheel HP compared to Crank HP or HP rating @ the flywheel.

BTW: FLIPPIN' SWEET

RWHP=Rear Wheel Horse Power............power at wheels

BHP= Brake Horse Power..............power at engine without accessories(tranny, rearend, waterpump, etc)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
thats a little spendy for me, i think that i will stick with my sbc swap for now. my budget is 2k, but i know that i will atleast double that!!!!!

Are you aware that in order to use a SBC in a SQ, it will have to be a front sump motor? And the only front-sump SBC that I know of is a LSX from a GTO.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kenmarrow
thats a little spendy for me, i think that i will stick with my sbc swap for now. my budget is 2k, but i know that i will atleast double that!!!!!

Are you aware that in order to use a SBC in a SQ, it will have to be a front sump motor? And the only front-sump SBC that I know of is a LSX from a GTO.

You need to remember the old skool 1966 -67 Chevy II Nova V8 Had a front sump. Thats what I used..