2jzgte is going to happen!!!!!!!

Highly Boosted

yup, local tuner is running the e11v2 on his personal car and he just tuned a 2jz a couple of weeks ago 714whp on the last 2jz he tuned with a stock long block. It should be driveing buy this weekend. I'll keep you all updated

WOW, That sounded very good on the second vid..

nice rumble with a growl when you revved it

i am so jealous

with the current economy, ill be lucky if i can every get going on my 2jz swap

22"?

there isn't a thing about this car that wasn't thought through and done the best way possible. I'm sure that you would have put a larger turbo on it but but wait you haven't done it yet. This will be the first 2jz swap in questy matt has provided more then enough picture that anyone with fab experiance could do this yet no one has.

So please keep the disrespect down a little.

I personaly cant wait to feel this thing go down the road and I was part of the hold up on getting it done. It will be done.

anyway the cobra r's look sweet on the car.

WAT?

Check your PM's chet.

1/1... ( From: Technology )

Dude, I was making a joke. I AM putting a big turbo on my g54b. Don't pretend that you're some kind of quest guru; I highly doubt you've done anything unique or in any way impressive work to your quest, by the way, smog already did a 1jz swap in his quest, which, if you know anything about supra engines, is basically the same thing. I c...

Technology is a member of the Members group and has 3473 posts.

Sent on: Yesterday, 11:49 PM

first check the supra boards smogs never went down the road and all of his stuff is for sale. good effort but no closing on the deal I went for a 30 mile cruise LAST NIGHT IN THIS ONE.

Second as far as what i've done to my car yup its run of the mill we don't need two swaped quests this close, and I'm sure if you ask anyone that has actually met me ( i didn't see you at nationals) my car is unique, It runs and has run and has only died once in the over three years that its been my daily in the summer (bad accel coil)....... and gasp its not STOCK It does still run the tbi.

Oh and the yellow car already had the magna with a sds setup on it.

You talked crap you got called on it don't get pissy.

We will have to make a good vid soon it runs pretty decent now. I took it for a spin with three people in the car and it well............. spools quick.

And yes you can hear the wastegate blow from a block away, ooooops!

It feels faster then the mpi ever did.

hey all my names kyle and im new to the boards but i am not new to the quest and cars in general i have a question for you concerning the wiring of the toyota harness to be able to run the stock dash and things that interact with the stock ecu. How was that wiring? hard or pretty straight forward? i mean just find the appropriate wires on the harness and splice the stock wires into it? i ask this because im getting into the wiring portion of my 1jz swap and was maybe wondering if you had a heads up on the upcoming work, oh btw im an infiniti master tech and have previously worked at Sound Performance here in bloomingdale il so i know my way around the toyo engines , the engine has the stock setup on it for right now but i have an hks twin setup going on it after i get it running and driving because i want to do some other things to the suspension first. thanks in advance for any info its greatly appreciated.

kyle

he's not unning the stock dash so the guages are a non issue if they were i would have adapted the factory senders the only stock harness is the starter trigger and the alt wiring to the ig. switch. the rest should be gravy to you the issues we had were a certain part off of ebay we junk so it set us back.

Man its been a while since I got on Here to actually read new swaps and build stories, man I am impressed by the good work, makes me want to get another starquest to do the swap just like this. But since I already have a good build on my Starion's G54B, I really want to know how hard of a swap it is to get a 2jz in the IS300 because for the longest time I thought that is the best DD car that you can build, reliable, fast, not cheap but well worth being able to take my girl to dinner and proceed to ridicule anyone trying to look cool in their rich daddy's car! which is what I do with the starion anyway LOL

JP, did you buy your IS with the GTE swap or you had to actually go through doing it?

I bought it already swapped. It's a GTE shortblock with the VVT-I GE head.. There's nothing to the swap, no custom anything to get the shortblock bolted in.

You can probably find one that's already pretty much done for $18-30K depending on how crazy it is.

I bought mine for roughly $3K over book, and saved close to $20K in parts/labor.

Well over 700 miles and still running. I went through hell and back to get a boost controller today. We cant seem to get the haltech one working it all. So after all day messing around I finnaly got a home made mbc working. Wow this thing relly picked up some power with just a couple more psi. tomarrow Boost should be going up to 15-20ish and I will also have my line lock hooked up. Friday she is going to the drag strip if it dont rain. not on full boost and on a ruff tune with street tires but I should break into the 11's. I cant wait to be able to feel more boost. I took the rpm's up to 6500 today and she felt good. Thanks for the fog light lenses JustPaus. they look great!!!

Sweet.. I'm very curious to see what you pull off on the strip.. Don't forget to weigh it if they have a scale there!

It's not uncommon to gain 18-20rwhp for each additional pound of boost..

Should be a screamer when you get it all dialed in..

well I took it to the drag strip and made 2 passes the best being 13.1 at 111mph with .639 reaction and 2.237 60 foot on 275 BFG g-force sport's my 3rd run would have been deep in the 12's cus i cought a good light but then it went pop. We think its the torque tube that broke. I'll have it fixed in the morning but by then there should be video of that up on here. she is putting down about 350ish WHP I hope to have the boost dialed in for RSD next week with should put me in 400plus range for now. Im trying to save some $$$ to get it tuned so I can see the 500-600whp numbers. AFR's under boost are 10.0-10.3 so there is a lot of hp left in it just buy takeing fuel out but I want to leave that up to the dyno shop to take care of. I will ask CRAIG87 very nicely to see if I can barrow his mbc to see if I can get the boost at a steady 20psi and if he says no I'll let you in on his et's

vids won't be up till later because i'm going to get my dog nutered today but.

I guess i'll have to pull matts hand and say 16.01 with a .660 light and a 72 mph trap speed. with the smell of centerfarce clutch. ACT will be in this week

My boost controller is mine ha ha ha ha bwahaha.

But anyway you can use it and i'll take the one on your car. As always my car takes second priority.