DONT BUY ROLLER TIP ROCKER OFF EBAY!

EIGHTY8_TSI

Theres a guy on ebay selling 1.6 roller tip rockers and claims they work great and add horsepwer and will work fine on a stock conquest. I bought a pair and installed them and I lost power and top end. Plus my valve springs chater loader than ever. Found out there maxing out the valve springs and so on. I mad a phone call to Otus at Midwestturbo and talked to him for a while and basically to get the best out of them it takes some machine work and money. Dont believe me or want to know more call Otus at midwestturbo (563-370-9077). He'll tell you all you need to know.

• 3 weeks later...
This really sucks. I bought a set from this guy. Said the same thing, will work on none roller cam just bolt on for bigger lift and more HP. If this doesn't work on my car I WILL FIND HIM. There is a set on ebay from him right now, just saw them today. I live in Fort Worth TX. He lives in Dallas. If this is true, he is flat out lying about what he is selling.

seller ID: tremur88. The guy is a complete idiot. I bought them with the intention of getting a roller cam but he still managed to mess it up. His parts are total crap- he sent me 8 lifters, 1 of which was useable. His excuse was "the kid" or "some kid" was helping while I was out of the shop.... BULLCHIT!

Avoid this assclown..

this guy has been selling them on ebay for a while now. He needs to get his facts straight and stop ripping off quest owners. Even if yea do have the roller cam these still wont work properly without thiner valve spring retainers. If yea talk to Otis at midwest turbo he can tell yea how you can use LS1 rocker arms. I wouldnt even bother with the minivan rocker the guy is selling on ebay.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Heres is the true skinny on these roller rockers. Some of what you are saying is correct and some is not. First of all that guy is not telling all the truth and I just think its because he doesn't know what he is doing. Heres the facts that I have documented and tested.

The 1.6 roller rocker WILL work on the slipper cams just as well as on a roller cam BUT it will not work if you don't machine the head. Just remember that these cylinder heads are NOT all perfectly assembled or casted exactly the same (Stock, Marnal, Alabama, Topline etc...) and some valve guides are just a few thousandths higher or lower than others. What may work on your head may not work on another head thats why checking clearances is critical.

The extra 0.050" or so of cam lift through the 1.6 roller rocker will cause the exhaust valve retainers to touch the valve seals and the intake valve seals will get smashed over a short period of time. I have these 1.6 roller rockers on my 89 Quest with a Marnal head for over 2 years now so the fact that they work is proven and I know they work, the power increase is very noticable BUT you can't do it without checking the clearances. I will say the majority of the time you are going to have clearance issues and this is with the STOCK cam. If you have an upgraded cam forget it. The 1.6 roller rocker will cause the retainers to hit the valve seals and your going to see smoke rolling out the tailpipe within a few weeks or months. It can also hit the valve seal and the seal pops off causing a chain reaction to occur resulting in a broken valve guide and a possible dropped valve. Not a good thing and definitely something that guy on e-bay itsn't telling you because I don't think he knows.

If you have access to a junk yard these roller rockers are found on the 3.0 liter late model Chrysler engines that come in the Caravan, Voyager, LeBaron Etc... whatever came with that engine. Just pull the oil fill cap and look in the head, you'll see the roller tip and then you know its the right rocker. NEVER USE USED LIFTERS!!!!! Spend the extra money and get a new set from Dad... They are cheap and your engine will be much quiter and smoother.

I have no idea what engines that guy on e-bay is pulling the rockers from but I think he is getting them from different engines and thats the problem.

I offer a full peformance head re-building service - Competition Valve Jobs, Stainless steel and titanium valves, Re-Surfacing, Porting and I can build you a head to your specs that will run with any cam / rocker combination. If you have the head off the car its always worth just getting the valves checked for leakage because just one leaky valve is a big loss in power. If your car is sitting there idling and you can hear it going

Hummm Bup Hummmmmm Bup Bup Hummmmmm Bup

Its probably a leaking valve and with a 4 cylinder one leaky valve is a big loss in power. I hope this can help someone out before you run into disaster with those roller rockers. Take care

Brian

100% CORRECT.

Hello,

Heres is the true skinny on these roller rockers. Some of what you are saying is correct and some is not. First of all that guy is not telling all the truth and I just think its because he doesn't know what he is doing. Heres the facts that I have documented and tested.

The 1.6 roller rocker WILL work on the slipper cams just as well as on a roller cam BUT it will not work if you don't machine the head. Just remember that these cylinder heads are NOT all perfectly assembled or casted exactly the same (Stock, Marnal, Alabama, Topline etc...) and some valve guides are just a few thousandths higher or lower than others. What may work on your head may not work on another head thats why checking clearances is critical.

The extra 0.050" or so of cam lift through the 1.6 roller rocker will cause the exhaust valve retainers to touch the valve seals and the intake valve seals will get smashed over a short period of time. I have these 1.6 roller rockers on my 89 Quest with a Marnal head for over 2 years now so the fact that they work is proven and I know they work, the power increase is very noticable BUT you can't do it without checking the clearances. I will say the majority of the time you are going to have clearance issues and this is with the STOCK cam. If you have an upgraded cam forget it. The 1.6 roller rocker will cause the retainers to hit the valve seals and your going to see smoke rolling out the tailpipe within a few weeks or months. It can also hit the valve seal and the seal pops off causing a chain reaction to occur resulting in a broken valve guide and a possible dropped valve. Not a good thing and definitely something that guy on e-bay itsn't telling you because I don't think he knows.

If you have access to a junk yard these roller rockers are found on the 3.0 liter late model Chrysler engines that come in the Caravan, Voyager, LeBaron Etc... whatever came with that engine. Just pull the oil fill cap and look in the head, you'll see the roller tip and then you know its the right rocker. NEVER USE USED LIFTERS!!!!! Spend the extra money and get a new set from Dad... They are cheap and your engine will be much quiter and smoother.

Brian

• 3 months later...
I just saw this...I bought mine from the guy on ebay and installed them a year ago without a roller cam they seem to work fine...I just put in some new SS valves and a Monsta Banshee, ARP studs and Ajusa this past weekend and it runs fine...I also have a Magna head ....doesn't seem to have anymore power than I had before though. It feels good to have new parts and know what cam I have as before I don't know if it was stock or what...I guess I could measure it if I wanted.

• 2 months later...
there are bolt on 1.5 ratio roller rockers found on "some" 2.0 engines. i have come across 3 sets so far. they have mostly been early model plymouth laser. they are very hard to find and i have not been able to find a part number for them at the plymouth dealer.

there are bolt on 1.5 ratio roller rockers found on "some" 2.0 engines. i have come across 3 sets so far. they have mostly been early model plymouth laser. they are very hard to find and i have not been able to find a part number for them at the plymouth dealer.

And they do not fit without some machining. Just ask Richie Rich

This is what my head is, all bran new, marnel head ported and polished, schnider 284 cam and springs. lowershores titanium retainers, new lifters, s.s valves and the 1.6 roller rollers , am i going to have a problem? is there any way to check before i start this motor? i have alot of cash in the bottom end and i dont want to blow any thing up . any help would be great.