700 HP Head

Questsi

Any reason why you guys didn't oring the block instead?

I mean, if something happens, the head is more likely to fail and bam there goes $1500+ down the drain. I know if the head is gonna fail, then it's gonna fail, but you could at least save the O-ringing cost. :D

Can't wait to see this beast.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more guys with HP around here.

We need more guys with more $$ first 8)

There are plenty of guys with big HP around here. Most of them don't frequent the boards much, a few haven't dynoed their cars, and I'm sure there are some secretive ones.

Yeah, but it's guys like you that give the rest of us hope.

The more people know the potential of our engines, the more business for the builders.

There are people with money out there. If they think our engines are crap, they will throw their dough into some other car.

Yeah, but it's guys like you that give the rest of us hope.

The more people know the potential of our engines, the more business for the builders.

There are people with money out there. If they think our engines are crap, they will through their dough into some other car.

We'll soon change their minds !!!!!!!

JustPaus_88TSi

PostPosted: March 23, 2007, 3:32 am Post subject:

I mean, if something happens, the head is more likely to fail and bam there goes $1500+ down the drain. I know if the head is gonna fail, then it's gonna fail, but you could at least save the O-ringing cost. Very Happy

Sometimes they put a reciver groove in the head depending on what type and gauge wire and what type head gasket you want to use. 2nd reason for higher boost level's upward of 40psi

I mean, if something happens, the head is more likely to fail and bam there goes $1500+ down the drain. I know if the head is gonna fail, then it's gonna fail, but you could at least save the O-ringing cost. :D

We do o-ring the blocks as well. I'll post some pics of this sometime this week when the shop finishes.

We do o-ring the blocks as well. I'll post some pics of this sometime this week when the shop finishes.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3057/0002263po3.th.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1728/0002264uo1.th.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1091/0002265hv9.th.jpg

Did you torque plate hone that block?

YES. Allways. Would you like to see a picture of the torque plate? Aluminum BTW.

Funny how the block opens up at the top of the bore when the torque plate is removed but when you re-torque it the bore is striaght :D

YES. Allways. Would you like to see a picture of the torque plate? Aluminum BTW.

Funny how the block opens up at the top of the bore when the torque plate is removed but when you re-torque it the bore is striaght :D

I would, please. How does it "open up"? does it open up all around the bore or does it just become oblong?