log exhaust manifold -or- equal length manifold

Chad

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the hole for right below the turbo flange where all the pipes meet?

and does the O2 sensor go on the #4 tube?

the #4 runner bung is for an EGT (customer spec location)

The bung on the collector just below the flange is the normal location for the EGT bung.

I could possibly make a DP, but you'll still have to modify your exhaust anyway as I won't know where to stub it off at, nor at what angle. It would be best to have it all done at once by one shop (a local muffler shop, your welf, or a friend with a welder). You can bring them some mandrel bends and the correect discharge flange to modify what you have.

the modifications of the equal length are to the down pipe and heat shielding, possibly moving the PS resivoir depending on the compressor housing you use. You also have to re-do your IC pipes, this is usualy just a case of modifying what you have, but some just start over. You'll also have to figure out what you want to do withthe turbo oil/water lines, some may be re-used, others modified.

the log one is very close to stock location, but if you run a T-3 turbo, you'll still have to modify those items anyway.

As converions go, this is moslty simple stuff and 100+ members have done this themselves already with mine and other branded turbo manifolds. there is a lot of advice to go arorund and many - many options for how you want to do it.

ok sounds simple enough, i just didnt want to have to remove my A/C or powersteering to install this manifold. I do live in south florida. and i do like to drive without fighting the steering wheel :).

thos small modifications arent a big deal.

thanks for the input. I sent a PM with the requested manifold and info for flange and wg.

thanks again

Steve

I've ordered the material for the 4 on my "paid" list, you all still have untill mid march to deposit, then I'l probaly end the GP and do those that a part of this GP (I don't want a open ended deal here).

I know a lot of you are giong to sent your deposits in a week or two when funds availalbe, you are all still on my list of participants, but I won't order your sutff till I get a deposit. I will be doing these in 4-5 per batch.

I will be away for the next ~5 days and will start making what are on my "paid" list when I get back...

Chad,

You never fixed me on the list. I'm guessing i'm #3 also i'd like to change from equal length to log, if its not too late, with the T3 flange externally gated. I'm not sure which wastegate i'm gonna use yet.

one quick question, and i may sound stupid, i'm not sure what EGT stands for and what it's purpose is.

EGT = Exhaust Gas Temp, before wideband controllers were readily available, it was how many monitored thier AR ratios. With a narrow band AF gage and EGT, you could get a good idea where you were,and you could see trends and warning signs.

As of the last few yeares, fewer people use EGT's for tuning, but some like myslef like to still have them to monitor trends.

I have 4 EGT's one per cylinder and watch them on a 4 channel gage, I can see which cilinder is having problems when I suspect something is not right.

Last call for GP participants, I will be ending the GP this Sunday night the 18th of March at 11:59PM.

If you already have or will be sending a deposit via US mail, as long as your envelope is postmarked before then, you are in.

I have 3 completed and the next group will be started this week.

I'll put you on the list.

I'm developing the heat shiled tabs fof all mitsu flanged units tonight. I should be able to accomidate, and it will be at no extera charge.

• 2 weeks later...