log exhaust manifold -or- equal length manifold

Chad

A hybrid flange could be done, but you would get turbulance at the turbo entry as the T3 hole is rectangle, and the mits round. If you ported your mitsu housing entry into a T-3 rectange shape (there is room in the casting for this), then you could avoid that and have the best of both worlds. It would add about $20 to the cost of the manifold.

interesting !

*saves money*

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chad, I was curious if there is any way to maintain use of the factory turbo heat sheild when using one of your log manifolds with a Mitsu turbo?

Is it possible to re-create the three bolt holes in the header's flange, or do you suggest a after-market heat sheild?

I'll look into that Sarc, shouldn't be too hard to do, I just need to make sure the distance between the flanges is close enough to get the turbo exactly in the right spot, otherwise the top mounts won't fit. If it can be done with this design, it won't be too hard to execute.

I'm looking at doing this after X-mas time, there seems to be a market for 5+ so it will happen.

I'm interested in one, though after the holidays.

You can pm me when your ready to hear my barrage of questions, actually what i'm planning on doing with my car so you can advise what's good for me when I upgrade this element of the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very interested in this, but it will come down to timing of the group purchase for the stock set up (already invested in new downpipe, hardpipes, and turbo in stockish locations) as my $ and car might be done before then.

JSwan

Hey Chad, I was thinking and curious of your thoughts on the heat shield.

If the lower bolt holes don't line up, I was thinking it would probably work to cut off that portion of the heat sheild and just use the upper mount point.

Technically wouldn't be as solid but if cut and positioned right would probably still do it's job. ???

Im 100% interested in this. I just need to make up my mind if im going with a td06 20g, or what. When you get down to making manifolds, or its time for a deposite pm me and I will let you know.

BTW thanks for doing stuff like this for the community. Great job and awesome looking log.

I just finnished up some big projects, and just a few smaler ones to wrap up first, so it's looking good to start the end of the month, first part of feb. There is also more interest now since X-ma$ has passed so I hope we can get 10 of them setup, that is where the GP pricing starts to save every one $$.

For the GP, I'll be looking for a $150 deposit (refundable :D ), and will start taking deposits when I'm ready to start. I need to set aside specific time for this so I can't say when unitll I actualy do my schedule.

I will accept pay-pal at chad86tsi@yahoo.com (please add 3% for fees), or a M/O can be mailed to me.

I'll re-crunch the numbers to come up with a final price baised on 10 units.

for 5-10 it will be:

$335 - internaly gated, turbo flange of your choice, and $15 shipping.

$360 - externaly gated, turbo flange of your choice. and $15 shipping.

for 10+ it will be:

$325 - internaly gated, turbo flange of your choice, and $10 shipping.

$350 - externaly gated, turbo flange of your choice. and $10 shipping.

I'm going to use the 316L stainless in schedule 10 material, it's .109" wall thickenss. It is easier to work with and still more than enough strength. the schdule 40 elbows didn't have propper ID's where they weld together, the didn't match up very well inside. The schedule 10's are a perfect fit.

Anyone that want's the equal length one they can join this GP, theirs will count in the log GP count, I'll mix/match the models and if both added together equal 10+, you'll all get the 10+ price.

for 5-10 it will be:

$385 - internaly gated, turbo flange of your choice, and $15 shipping.

$460 - externaly gated, turbo flange of your choice. and $15 shipping.

for 10+ it will be

$375 - internaly gated, turbo flange of your choice, and $10 shipping.

$450 - externaly gated, turbo flange of your choice. and $10 shipping.

Also, it's important to understand that this will take a conciderable amount of time, these are a lot of labor. It could take up to a month to complete. I would ship them on a first paid, first shipped basis.