CARBON FIBER HOOD IS HERE! (GP CLOSED)

101PROPOSE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to respond to this, because its not the correct forum. But the bra on my car is really supporting the outer sides of the spoiler. As you can see the corners are fiberglassed to repair cracks which traveling further back towards the wheel well the spoiler sides are not secured appropriately. So like a bra on a woman its for support, so is the bra on my car to support the spoiler.

I just took it out after 8 years of hibernation and starting to get it back in shape. Desparately need a new paint job/rust fix/new spoiler then dump the bra. Appreciate all the warm comments though!

The intent of the post is to demonstrate a product offering that was purchased by a member so that others can see. 101 did a nice job! Cheers!

Yeah... sell the bra and use the money to put some fake suede on your dash... that would be much cooler.

Completely off subject, and a cheap jab at my ride that has real suede, not fake... I'm only left to give this link for you to catch up. It is 2007 after all.

http://www.ultrasuede.com/products/automotive/oem/

Back on subject...

ptracy26: I didn't know your cars situation, but I do think it will look better without the bra, as I would on any female. :wink:

I'm glad we don't have a club full of overly sensitive men who hate when they get opinions from outside viewpoints. :D

Yeah... sell the bra and use the money to put some fake suede on your dash... that would be much cooler.

Completely off subject, and a cheap jab at my ride that has real suede, not fake... I'm only left to give this link for you to catch up. It is 2007 after all.

http://www.ultrasuede.com/products/automotive/oem/

Back on subject...

ptracy26: I didn't know your cars situation, but I do think it will look better without the bra, as I would on any female. :wink:

I'm glad we don't have a club full of overly sensitive men who hate when they get opinions from outside viewpoints. :D

any female are you serious :roll:

I've seen these things on ebay at $499 before I know I have. It's at $699 now but that price simply has to come down. I can't imagine he's sold more than a couple and the R&D cost has to suck right now 'til they start selling. I'm in the market because I'm tired of chasing the rust around on mine. I wish someone would key it again so I could get it fixed, lol.

http://geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/death

I'm kidding, don't key my hood.

http://geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/death

I'm kidding, don't key my hood.

That's rediculous. Was it random or did you drop a bomb in the wrong place? ;) j/k. I'd be ready to put the hurt down if I found that on my car.

And I agree with you about the price, 500 is much more attractive than 700. He should come out with a 1 piece carbon fiber front end kit. That would blow my mind.

just wondering.....how many peeps we could get together to buy one if he would come down to 500 on those hoods? ok i would buy one today if they were 500....come on who else....maybe we can get him to go 500 if thier is enough interest. lets make a list....SIO

that would be $650 shipped.......come on who else wants one? lets see some post, maybe we can work a deal on some hoods

I would be down for the non-coated hood because I'm painting mine. I can buy right this minute so let's move.

even if the scoops are not open, when i get the hood they will be. :shock: if nothing else it will help to put the underhood temps down a few degrees :wink: im ready for one whenever we can set up a deal.....so come on guyz

even if the scoops are not open, when i get the hood they will be. :shock: if nothing else it will help to put the underhood temps down a few degrees :wink: im ready for one whenever we can set up a deal.....so come on guyz

I thought they were actually partially functional. There was a thermo graph of hot air leaving the rear vents after air entered the front wasn't there?. There's no shortage of air entering the engine bay through the front though so I'm fine with using the hood for its looks, which to me are perfect for the lines of the car. the hood was so so on a flat side '83 but the slightly raised hood really matches the flared fenders on the wide body cars in my opinion. From the side you can barely tell it's there.

http://webpages.charter.net/chiplee/xxrightsideflat200.jpg

and I'm sorry, for me, there's just nothing ugly, ricey or unappealing in this pic.