CARBON FIBER HOOD IS HERE! (GP CLOSED)

101PROPOSE

Where in california are you located 101purpose? Somewhere close to the 101 fwy Im guessing, lol. I'm in Santa Barbara and I usually travel up and down the coast. Maybe we can arrange some sort of pick up as I see it ridiculous to pay $150 for shipping when I can just pay around $50 or less for gas... Just a suggestion from a poor recent college graduate (as of this thursday)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

order list

member id --- type of hood ordering --- deposit

1. Starionheaven - CF hood - $200 -> Not paid

2. Sully - FRP Hood - $100 -> I'm going to wait til this gets bigger.

3. conquestTSIguy - CF hood - $200 -> will send deposit on 9/22

5. .ptracy26 - CF 83 hood - 200.00 -> Paid already via PayPal

aww wth? we cant saw s*** anymore? Whats wrong with saying s***? didnt hasnt anyone seen that southpark episode where they say s*** like 160 times. If you haven't, see for yourself. Its called it hits the fan. I forget what season its in, but this place has every episode on there. www.allsp.com

Lemme try one more time

s*** s*** s*** s*** s*** s***!!!!!

Where in california are you located 101purpose? Somewhere close to the 101 fwy Im guessing, lol. I'm in Santa Barbara and I usually travel up and down the coast. Maybe we can arrange some sort of pick up as I see it ridiculous to pay $150 for shipping when I can just pay around $50 or less for gas... Just a suggestion from a poor recent college graduate (as of this thursday)

yes i am close to the 101 and i used live in goleta near FT. sorry i do not offer local pick ups but might be able to give you better shipping rate. please email me.

Just to be sure, when will you let us know of final prices due to different price quotes according to quantity sold and a final on insurance. I personally want the worst case scenario of what I'm going to pay in case discounts are not given.

so far i have 4 orders and worst price you get if this gb ends with 4 ordres is $599.99 + shipping for a carbon fiber hood and $399.99 + shipping for a frp hood.

lets hope we get more orders for better prices

order list

4. ptracy26 - CF 83 hood - 200.00 -> Paid already via PayPal (confirmed)

ends 9-30? too bad, if this was going a little longer than three weeks total it would have been a little more reasonable to try getting more people. Oct 31 or something and I would have been in. I don't want to blow my load all at once.

Are hood pins necessary or recommended with this hood?

The factory hood latch goes here, correct?

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1373/gmr8.jpg

How does the factory latch attach to the hood? I am guessing nut and bolt? Is this area reinforced to keep the latch attached to the hood and not to break off if hood pins are not used?

The hood looks great! Post more pics if you can!

Is there any way to extend the GB a little bit to allow more people to be added to the list? If you extend it 30 more days I am sure you will get more buyers.

it has two threaded holes for mounting the stock hood latch and it is up to you whether use hood pins or not but i must say hood pins are required as i do not want any problems.

more pictures

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/aa.jpg

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/bb.jpg

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/cc.jpg

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/dd.jpg

thanks,

101PROPOSE@VERIZON.NET

Just so you guys know my hood is very similar to this hood and my hood latch has had no problems with no hood pins. So, don't worry about not having them. I was told that it's complicated to mass produce a hood with hoodpin holes by the CF guys that made my hood because the holes have to be drilled at an angle.

Just so you guys know my hood is very similar to this hood and my hood latch has had no problems with no hood pins. So, don't worry about not having them. I was told that it's complicated to mass produce a hood with hoodpin holes by the CF guys that made my hood because the holes have to be drilled at an angle.

after being through the G/P with you on this not to kick a dead horse but that is so not true they didn't want to have to deal with the work or making 2 hoods one with pins one without, yes it involves 2 molds and adding some reinforcing aroudn the holes but is by no means hard to do.

What about where you have to drill to secure the pins on your car? If the pins are off it's not going to fit right, it's just easier to leave it up to the purchaser.

Unless the car is wracked it should fit within a general tolorence. and The end user doing it themself has no way to attache reinforcement inside as the hood is already solid.

adding myself to list will pay before due date via paypal hope this goes thru Thanks rich

order list

4. ptracy26 - CF 83 hood - 200.00 -> Paid already via PayPal (confirmed)

5. rauriarte - CF 83 hood - $200- to be paid before due date 9/30

Just a quick question.

How hard would it be, and is there any supports in the way, to cut out the vents. This looks like a good solution to my heat soak problem.

2 minutes with the hood open and I have no problem. If I can make use of the vents this would probably do it.

If its fairly simple count me in.

Tony

thanks for your interest in mookeeh 83 turbo style hoods.

I guess there is no chance of pushing the date back on this?

ends 9-30? too bad, if this was going a little longer than three weeks total it would have been a little more reasonable to try getting more people. Oct 31 or something and I would have been in. I don't want to blow my load all at once.

looks like many members are asking to extend the gp and move the order end date to 10-31-06.

it is okay with me but i need to get okays from members who ordered already. if they agree, i will extend it.

Just a quick question.

How hard would it be, and is there any supports in the way, to cut out the vents. This looks like a good solution to my heat soak problem.

i think you should be able to do it with a dremel tool. it is just like cutting/triming fiberglass. it is hollow between the center hood scoop/vent and the bottom support. you will have to cut out the top and the bottom to get the air in.

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/vent0.jpg

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/vent1.jpg

thanks,

101PROPOSE@VERIZON.NET

thanks for your interest in mookeeh 83 turbo style hoods.

I guess there is no chance of pushing the date back on this?

looks like many members are asking to extend the gp and move the order end date to 10-31-06.

it is okay with me but i need to get okays from members who ordered already. if they agree, i will extend it.

Just a quick question.

i think you should be able to do it with a dremel tool. it is just like cutting/triming fiberglass. it is hollow between the center hood scoop/vent and the bottom support. you will have to cut out the top and the bottom to get the air in.

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/vent0.jpg

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/vent1.jpg

thanks,

101PROPOSE@VERIZON.NET

For a $750 hood, we shouldn't have to mod it ourselves to get the vents to work. If it came with everything opened up, it would be worth it, but until then, I'll stick to my stocker.

I agree with the post that applauded your initiative, but a bit of research may have made this design more appealing to our community(at least me). We're such a small customer base that we're grateful for anything aftermarket from a decent supplier and often don't have multiple vendors to choose from. If you could work us into the planning phase of proposed new products, I'm posiive your business would increase and we would get a near ideal product. I know, you can't please all of the people all of the time, but you could come close!

On a better note, I'm glad to see a manufacturer make performance parts for our cars. I stumbled over some of your StarQuest parts on eBay a couple days ago and I'm sure I'll be a customer once I get my build under way. I've had my Quest for 12 years and don't plan on parting with it for a long time. We need suppliers to keep supporting our near classic cars.

KT