-------

Midwestturbo

someone must have missed the part that the dohc head from a dsm is to be used on that block?

and no the FWD block is totally different and of zero use to us, it won't bolt to the tranny and there are 4 or 5 oil return holes in the deck to plug up

just go to your junkyards and cruise around for an mpi truck, if it's a 4cyl and it's mpi its a wideblock and if you see a manual or the harder to find auto, to see if it's a wideblock, just look at the left lower arm that goes out to the bellhousing and if it has a diagonal reinforcing web and it sticks out about 1.5" it's a wide one, if no web and sticks out about 3/4" its a narrow one

I'll post a pic of that later tonite

• 2 weeks later...
someone must have missed the part that the dohc head from a dsm is to be used on that block?

and no the FWD block is totally different and of zero use to us, it won't bolt to the tranny and there are 4 or 5 oil return holes in the deck to plug up

just go to your junkyards and cruise around for an mpi truck, if it's a 4cyl and it's mpi its a wideblock and if you see a manual or the harder to find auto, to see if it's a wideblock, just look at the left lower arm that goes out to the bellhousing and if it has a diagonal reinforcing web and it sticks out about 1.5" it's a wide one, if no web and sticks out about 3/4" its a narrow one

I'll post a pic of that later tonite

are you talking about the b2600 mazda ...........

So is this group buy for real?

will it work?

so with one of thse blocks,

one can convert to a dohc?

cAN I ADD THAT THE NORMALLY ASPIRATED DOHC HEAD HAS BIGGER PORTS THAN THE TURBO HEAD?. tHAT WOULD BE THE BETTER CHOICE YES. sorry for caps. I dont want to retype

• 1 month later...

Here is a picture compareing the DOHC head to the gasket to the 4G64 6 bolt wideblock (left) and the 4G63 6 bolt narrowblock (right)

http://projectzerog.com/images/6-bolt-4g64-block-with-4G63.jpg

Hope this clears up any issues about what holes need the be drilled / plugged (none of them)

so why do i read on dsm boards that something needs to be?
as I said and they misunderstood me, that plugging of holes is on the FWD block that is of no use to us at all because if you are a newer 2.0 FWD you can get the dsm head to work it does bolt on but there are several oil return holes in the block that must be plugged up.

for that one older comment the b2600 is the same block its a g54b that mazda used actually its just a ram50 engine intake crappy carb and all that too for 87/88 but the b2600i, see the i at the end of that name? that means its the 89+fuel injected engine and it NOT our block it is a totally different mazda block

• 2 weeks later...
So is this group buy for real?

will it work?

so with one of thse blocks,

one can convert to a dohc?

cAN I ADD THAT THE NORMALLY ASPIRATED DOHC HEAD HAS BIGGER PORTS THAN THE TURBO HEAD?. tHAT WOULD BE THE BETTER CHOICE YES. sorry for caps. I dont want to retype

Actually, that's incorrect. You're confusing 1G NT/Turbo DOHC heads with 2G Turbo DOHC heads. 1G DOHC heads (turbo and non-turbo) are the same things--no difference between the castings, and the same exact part # when you order them.

I've got about 5 of each sitting out in the shop if you'd like to debate it.