Custom Built Stainless Race Manifolds

XCIRracer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like oil filter clearance problems?

That's what I was thinking. With the oil cooler adapter plate and the filter installed, the #1 tube would have to loop around the bottom to stay equal length. Not to mention the fun of changing filters.

I'm not hating, but it looks like a tight fit. After installing the other tube, can you take pics with the oil adapter and filter in place?

Like I said we have to make a few changes, but the problem were having is the true equal length and being able to clear the oil filter and engine mount. But with these pics you can at least see some progress. If it comes down to it, would you guys rather relocate the oil filter or have true equal length . Hit me back with your opinions. Well hopefully have more pics up tonight.

Oh It'l flow good, but you are right, the less amount of bends the better. But at the same token, if its equal lenth with the right placement on the collector each individual chamber will actually be sucking the next runner, thats why placement in the collector and equal length is so important! Trust me, this is one of the hardest manifolds weve ever done too, the angle and obstacles make it a complain, but were overcoming most of it. When we are done this baby is gonna rock! Pics tomorrow night on the revamp. Check yall later,

Robb

im not sure equal length is worth that much, just going a design like that would be good enough, definately wanna keep my stock location on the oil filter and what not, I'd say sacrifice 100% equal length.

im not sure equal length is worth that much, just going a design like that would be good enough, definately wanna keep my stock location on the oil filter and what not, I'd say sacrifice 100% equal length.

If you want the best header out there for our car, equal length is inportant. So this is the best I've seen so far. But I'd rather keep the #'s down for length. Probably the max is 18" for me that header got more than that. Btw, XCIRACER, how long are they?

Aight guys Ive been bustin my arse on this one. Weve overcome all the obstacles from the first one. I actually started from scratch again and I dont think were gunna get mech better than this. Ill post finished product tomorrow after we weld er up. This is actually just tack welded for now. Pricing and all the other stuff Ill post later as well. This new welder we hired is really good but hes also expensive. FEEDBACK is always welcome since it was you guys that actually got this project started.

http://www.xclusivecustomimports.com/image...led_384x288.JPG

Also, anyone not interested in these full race tuned port manifolds will also have the option for a log style for a mere $250.00 they are easy as hell to make.

Also keep in mind that we hand build all of our manifolds so flange options are easy as well as wastegate options. ( basically we can put on them whatever you need us to put on them)

thats 2nd design is much better. the tubes don't need to be that long.

if it helps use these pics for reference. i have clearance up the wazoo in every direction even this big compressor housing. the turbo is at a prefect height for oil drain and hood clearance.

http://home.earthlink.net/~antimpower/images/headers1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~antimpower/images/headers2.jpg

Its welded and ready to be used and abused. However for some odd reason our website is down tonight so if you want to see the finished product then go to our website WWW.XCIR.com, go to online store, then go to turbo manifolds to see pics. I will try and put some finished pics up on here tomorrow for you. Hit us back with any feedback please.

We wont put the external wastegate flanges on until we know what each individual is going to use, and where they want it placed. As far as pricing, I originally thought that we could build these things for about $350.00 for you guys and retail them for around 5-550 ( that just isnt possible), as it stands, this one cost us just under 400 to make, so the best I can do for the Starquest members is about $440 for the first five, and $500.00 for all the rest that follow. These are already on our website for $700.00 retail. I wish I could do better than that but the cost of stainless Steel is rising every day, and welding is costing me a fortune ( and thats an area we dont want to slack on ) Sorry. But look at it this way, other manifolds of this caliber usually run around a thousand bucks, so its really not a bad price. And more than likely, once we start seeing more and more results, they may even go up higher, but well see.

Is the turbo going to sit too high and hit the hood? Have you checked for clearance issues?

Does it place the turbo near stock location?

Thanks

Ryan

With the turbo I'd be using OOO yea. I'm glad i didn't wait on this because it would have wasted alot of time. Just say my runners about 1" away from my motor mount. So ya gonna need heat sheild there. and then i say about 1/2" away from the hood (not the braces but the actual sheet). I got lucky on that part. I will post pic of my manifold and its not equal length tho because i had to clear the oil filter.

a couple of things. the turbo flange is tilting toward the fender a bit too much and it could also move forward about 1"

yea you're right. It may be okay for smaller turbos but the bigger ones will hit the shock tower. I'm glad I was thinking to put mine closer to the motor. I got like 1 1/2" of room between turbo and shock tower. But I love the manifold just too much on the price. I understand that SS is going up everyday.