Griffin aluminum radiator

jeff_87tsi

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is in charge of this GP now? Is it still MidWest Turbo?

Yes, BUT Otis is not responsible for the delay. It's all Griffin. I have made them fully aware of our mounting impatience. In Griffin's defense I can say that the delay is mainly due to the fitment issues being addressed.

This Radiator will be worth the wait! :wink:

L4S

Well it had been 65 days, thats 2 Months and 6 Days, or 9 weeks. And there is no news at all to the completion of these radiators. Whats the hold up, and if there is a hold up, I would like a status report please. :roll:

I tried calling myself and couldn't get a dang bit of info. 1-800-722-3723 or 864-845-5001. I think James was the guys name.

I'm really upset also at how this is going. My car is literally sitting until the radiator arrives, whcih means I'm probably out for Scottsboro. I'm not going to pay to have an old radiator rodded and repaired whien I'm expecting this one. And I mean Eric (L4S) has spoon fed Griffin every single dimension they could possibly need to make this thing perfect. They even told Eric that they were bringing in extra welders to get everything back up to speed if I'm not wrong.

Eric: PLease don't misunderstand my above response. I know you've been busting your tail trying to get some word out of them :D

I agree with Jonboyb, I am very concerned that nobody had even said a word as to why these radiators are THIS late. There are no excuses for just logging in and letting use know what Griffin says. Otis / who ever should at least tells us that they will be a few weeks late. This is rediculous. Looks like im going to the junkyard to get a radiator so I can get my car running. Money down the drain.

Edit, its not like Otis is not getting any profit from the GP, he should at least let us know what is going on.

Casey: That's not exactly how I meant my post to come over :D L4S has been trying to get a response from them as he lives close by, but he keeps getting the runaround of "he's not in", "leave him a message", "he'll get back with you", yadda yadda. I think Otis got involved just to collect the $$$ from the group for Jim who had family issues and couldn't complete the GP, remember, Otis is waiting on several himself. L4S did give an update back on the 20th also.

In the end, after talking to Griffin both in the past (when after 6 weeks of waiting I found out they didn't even have any record of my order, wt....) and recently about this GP, they just lack any company quality control. Their products are great, but their production is lacking (if that makes sense). Trust me, I want mine to show up just as badly as anyone, but I think the blame should be placed on Griffin, not anyone here.

Yeah, sorry about that blaming. I agree with you and I gues I didn't mean to blame anyone. And, I never saw that post by L4S. Sorry. Oh well, looks like its off tot he junkyard, and I can only hope for the best.

Does anybody know if the GP is still open? From looking at these posts I'm not sure if I want to get into it or not. Maybe rodding mine out will get it going. Let me know please. :shock:

gp is closed but u can talk to ottis as he ordered extras :)

has anybody heard anything about what the holdup is :?: :?: :x :evil: :twisted:

michael 8)

edit* IF ANYONE IS NEEDIND A RAD, I WILL HAVE A CUSTOM 3 CORE FOR SALE WHEN I GET THIS ONE

hell I forgot I bought one of these. My car's down for a cracked block so it hasn't bothered me much. I'd really like to have this in hand to install with the new block when that day comes though. Should be about two weeks. Any chance? any one?

By chance, has anyone else tried calling the numbers for Griffin I posted on page 5? I tried again and didn't even get an answer that time. Maybe if everyone keeps bugging them, they might provide some info as to what is going on. Either that or we'll just p*&s them off and they'll delay more :lol:

EVERYBODY GET YOUR RUMP KICKIN' BOOTS ON :D

Finally got somebody who was willing to talk. Scotty, who apparently was the sales consultant for Griffin on this, QUIT!!!! He only sent the order to the factory about 6 weeks ago, which alot of that lag was likely working out the bugs on fitment. So theoretically, as the production floor sees it, they are only 6 weeks in, not 10+ like I see it. But I spoke directly to the sales DIRECTOR who assured me they are cleared for production, but no work has started yet. He was going immediately to speak to the production director to get this thing revved up NOW. He actually requested that I call him back next week for an update, so hopefully, this thing is straightened out on Griffin's end.

FYI, I have nothing to do with setting this GP up, I'm just trying to find out what's up and filling everyone in.