Griffin aluminum radiator

jeff_87tsi

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am in connecticut with my dad right now who had a stroke on christmas so this is my first back on a computer. i will be checking with griffin on tuesday when they reopen and get the order in and give you all an update. if i dont respond to email it is because i am dealing with doctors right now. i think he is stable right now and i can connect at the hospital

jeff

it sounds like we are getting close so when i get home next week i will place the order, if everyone would do me a favor and email me again at

jeffhalldvm@charter.net as i am using a different computer while traveling and i know i got 3 emails.

Steve, yours is in here for sending me yours for the second car so i am getting 2

thanks for all the prayers, Dad improves daily and i can only hope and pray for a close to complete recovery. i will start checking email consistently when i get home Sunday i will be offline and traveling the end of the week.

Jeff

i cant send email from my charter account from here in connecticut but will on sunday. i am only complying from emails sent to me

here is what i have so far

1 Casey LaCourse

1 Robert Vail

1 Jonathan L. Burgess, P.E

1 russ kadooka

1 Neil Angotta

2 Terry Sturgill

2 myself

anyone else drop me an email, i did not go thru the website

I need fully shipping addresses from everyone and please include your username on starquestclub.com

order will be placed next week

jeff

here is where we stand today

if you dont see your name here let me know

again you have to send me an email at jeffhalldvm@charter.net with all your shipping and paypal info. with otis you may be able to pay directly.

I am going to turn over execution of this GP to Otis so he can repeat this GP and to help me out since i am dealing with my dad in the hospital.

1 Casey LaCourse

1 Robert Vail

1 Jonathan L. Burgess, P.E

1 russ kadooka

1 Neil Angotta

2 Terry Sturgill

1 Jorge Castillo

1 Paul Laavacca

1 Dan Lunn

1 Domingo Rodriguez

2 Otis

2 myself

Jeff

Fellow Quest'rs,

I am scheduled to meet with a Griffin Rep. tomorrow to discuss the fitment issues.

#1 The Rad fans will not bolt up without the use of spacers on the bungs. A simple fix of extending the bungs.

#2 The Rad side mounts I believe are too far away from the mounting surface causing the top tank to hit the upper Rad support putting it into a bind. The tanks of the Griffin unit are thicker/wider.

#3 The Griffin rad does not incorporate the lower OEM support (too wide). I am looking for their assurance that the side supports are sufficient.

#4 I will be discussing the possibility of having custom top tanks made to include Mitsubishi + stars and/or Turbo and/or TSI/ESI. See Top Tank pic below.

#5 I will be discussing the (no brainer) possibility of having NON-IC Rads made for the clutch fan crowd.

#6 I will also ask for the possibility of aluminum fan shrouds to go with #5.

#7 I will inquire about replacement ICs and Tranny coolers especially 88-9 auto cars. Anybody own a straight 88-9 Auto tranny cooler?

I will post my notes tomorrow if all goes as planned. Meeting was cancelled today due to my daughters illness.

If I have missed a point that should be covered LMK.

803/957-4793 Leave Message

Thank you,

L4S

http://www.2.6liter.com/userfiles/Lives4Speed/Griffin1.jpg

http://www.2.6liter.com/userfiles/Lives4Speed/Griffin2.jpg

#2 is really the only one that seems a little disconcerning to me.

A new lower rad support can be bent up really easy. I believe it's rounded to fit the stock rad so I wasn't really expecting it to work. And the spacers would only be a slight inconveinence.

I do appreciate the effort though. Let us know how it goes.