IDKwhy's project progress -link to Jan 22th pics on pg 5

D_Venable

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outcast,

The hood, I have been stripping metal from to make the headlight buckets- sorry no extravigant system.

As for the color scheme- Thanks to Derek- my rendering insperation-

Pearl White, Blue, Green & Silver- striped like he drew it...

Thanks again derek...

IDKwhy

Outcast,

The hood, I have been stripping metal from to make the headlight buckets- sorry no extravigant system.

As for the color scheme- Thanks to Derek- my rendering insperation-

Pearl White, Blue, Green & Silver- striped like he drew it...

Thanks again derek...

IDKwhy

That drawing was done for Conquest351. He was planning on doing a widerwidebody (as you are doing), and painting up like the Mustang Super Stallion concept car.

Here's a few small pics of the SuperStallion and its assymetrical paint job:

http://www.mustang-gt.com/gt/FWN/FordSVESuperStallion2M.jpg

http://www.mustang-gt.com/gt/FWN/FordSVESuperStallion3M.jpg

Seems your making his dream quest, other than he was going to use a 351 Cleveland and twin turbo it.

I'll see if I have more drawings of that car in my we-todd account

And no problem, just gonna have to see it it person :wink:

Derek

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzI5MTIzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzYyNjA4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzMwNjc0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I think I looks great, I love the wide body. I'd like to see how that non flip up converson comes out. Although wouldnt want to change mine, I think that they will look good on the car. Keep up the good work

Guys,

I really value your input- This is why I wanted to share the progress with the club.

As result, I have ditched the Mustang Tail Light Lenses, and have Design & am in the process of fabricating a completely original Tail Light Lense Assembly with a more "traditional" look, but Clear.

I will have a finished product to share in the next week. I need this in order to design, fabricate & fit a rear bumper & lower Defuser.

I am currently "fitting" the Engine & Transmission, fabricating the mounts in order to lay out the tranmission tunnel & inner sub flooring & Wheel Tubs. This is the critical focus, as I really want to get the dash & console made while it is fresh in my mind.

Thanks again and please keep in mind - what you see right now - is actually very far from the finished image. It may resemble many different kinds of sports cars but, the actual shape and detail accents are not truely visible due to the grounding marks, unfinished welding, and parts not installed yet. Don't forget the paint too!!!! The paint will have a very large impact on the final detailed image...

Stay tuned, Stay objective & please feel free to offer "constructive" & "genuine" input... I hope you can see from my design change - due to the clubs input, I really want your help to make this project something exciting for the entire club to share.

Thanks again...

IDKwhy

Guys,

I really value your input- This is why I wanted to share the progress with the club.

As result, I have ditched the Mustang Tail Light Lenses, and have Design & am in the process of fabricating a completely original Tail Light Lense Assembly with a more "traditional" look, but Clear.

I will have a finished product to share in the next week. I need this in order to design, fabricate & fit a rear bumper & lower Defuser.

I am currently "fitting" the Engine & Transmission, fabricating the mounts in order to lay out the tranmission tunnel & inner sub flooring & Wheel Tubs. This is the critical focus, as I really want to get the dash & console made while it is fresh in my mind.

Thanks again and please keep in mind - what you see right now - is actually very far from the finished image. It may resemble many different kinds of sports cars but, the actual shape and detail accents are not truely visible due to the grounding marks, unfinished welding, and parts not installed yet. Don't forget the paint too!!!! The paint will have a very large impact on the final detailed image...

Stay tuned, Stay objective & please feel free to offer "constructive" & "genuine" input... I hope you can see from my design change - due to the clubs input, I really want your help to make this project something exciting for the entire club to share.

Thanks again...

IDKwhy

Just keep up the good work. It's really coming together. You are very talented. When you get that car completed... it'll prolly be one of the best modded Quests around.

Personally I think these people should hold their tongues.... and keep the critcism to themselves.... It doesn't look like any Mustang or Camaro I've ever seen. And one of the most dated looking parts on the StarQuests is the stock tails, so anything to update that is a step in the right direction.

Good Luck to you and Thanks for the pic.s - WOW!

Thomas,

That was very kind of you to say.

I really have no problem with "constructive" comments.

I can understand the distaste for the use of Mustang parts, but as I have stated before, if I can save myself so fab time on something available that looks nice- I can focus on things more important -Like the Rear Defuser Panel. Having said that, for the idea I am working on for the rear, I needed to "cut" the corners off the rear and "round" or Radius the rear corners. I am very confident most will appreciate the "redesign" as I eliminate the "shopping cart" rear bumper.

I can't wait to share this, but I am still trying to work out the kinks and my hands are tied by my lexan molder- he is still working the inner "prismatic" lense to contour to the outer clear lense. HArd to discribe but I can assure you- it should be state of the art..

I look forwaed to the next few progress updates, as they should offer some "one-off" pieces - never seen in our community.

I hope they will spark some creativity amongst the Starquest Community- and perhaps we will start to see some other great ideas make there way to the forums. Privately, I have been privledged to have an opportunity to see some great ideas of our fellow club members, but they continue to be reluctant to post them in fear of being "bashed". Their exicution was in some cases rough, but the "conceptual" ideas were great. Not everyone has the access or the financial backing to "manufacture" something to perfecting standards- that doesn't mean they should not feel comfortable enough to share those ideas.

Hopefully, like it or not - this project is creating enough enthusiasm to encourage and excite others to share their ideas with the ENTIRE STARQUEST COMMUNITY - you know who you are..... POST YOU IDEAS!

Thanks - IDKwhy

I'm just curious about something. I understand the "negativity" in the thread is bad. People don't need to be dogging the guy for Camaro this, Mustang that. However, I tried to bring up what I felt was constructive criticism about the hood to try to help the project out, and I get e-mails and people all upset.

Thats why I'm done doing work for others. And also why you won't see me posting up a lot of the stuff I do to Kate's car.

I guess if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Thats kinda sad

Good luck