Tein suspension

the Only suspension ur gonna find for our cars are tockico, kyb, or u can go for for artnist's coilovers. I dunno wat ur plannin to do with ur car, but judgin from ur bein a noob, im guessin ur gonna drift it... I run the tokicos and I stiffened it up with some sway bars, front n rear. Hit me up if u want more info.

yea - lol another forum I'm on, the SouthEast Drift Association also told me about Tockicos and KYB's - and how the latter are the more affordable - and yea, I'm gonna basically make it into a minor drift/touge machine - nothing serious - because its going to be my daily driver  8)

touge? So you are going to japan to drift around on a mountan? anyway, ground control also makes coil overs, cusco also makes strut bars and camber plates,Suspension tech makes sway bars and springs. There are other members that make strut bars and camber plates. I believe the only TEIN part for the quest are the custom order race springs(made to your specs). You should really learn some high performance driving techniques first, Drifting isn't as easy as it looks when competing and it beats your car up good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gotta be honest. You do not want to make your daily driver into a drift car. I will ride so hard on the road, and cost way too much. This conversion will need to lower quite a bit too, and the constant worry of bottoming out is no fun on a daily driver. But it's just my opinion and it's your car. Whatever you do, do it right so your DD isn't down and you're left without a ride. (happens too much to me).

-Matt

There's a video of a conquest drifting in the war storys forum, The car was mostly stock and the car did very well. Driving technique and expirience out weights the machine any day. My beat 86 tsi striped out was a nasty car that had stock suspension exept for tokicos in the rear. I was able to tear it up all right in it, out handling some other cars with mods but cocky drivers that thought they knew. I did have some good rubber on it though. Hope your walking that duck and keeping it on the road.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound discouraging. Just that it is really hard on a car. If you have an extra beater to stock rock around in some super drifting sessions, by all means tear those guys up.

I don't recommend it on a daily driver is all. Enjoy your ride, just avoid getting stranded as a daily driver. (that was a cool video BTW) :D

our macpherson front struts are not so easy to replace. a full coilover front suspension will be very expensive to replace as a whole or it will have to be a weld on kit neither of which we will ever see from any vendor like tein or jic. this pretty much goes for any macpherson suspension like the ones on the older supras, 300zx.....

• 1 year later...
They don't I would stop looking ;)

ya i know i was just calling him out on b.s. so if a new member reads he wont waste his time.......

that thread he is linking to is started by the same guy who has several pages posted about a carbon fiber hood and a lightweight molded a/c bracket group purchase that never came through over on *DM.

you can look their site up & down you wont find on there.

I have not stated the company's name just for the reason that others wont step on my toes on this project. and the 2 engineers will be using my 88 to test/tune the kit to suit the car

AND NO, ITS NOT bullstinky, as I know what i have in the works.

do you know what i have in the works. none of you in that *DM click

dont stay in contact so none you would know.

1 im not making the strut kit, a world wide known company is.

their usa branch has the starion strut specs from a previous program.

all they are waiting on is the green light for the custom strut program

to start over here, it was started last year in japan. converting all the legal issues from japanese to english for this program to start over here takes time. its not something that can just start overnight.

2 only 3 or 4 people were interrested in a cast aluminum a/c braket.

so i put that aside as most are removing a/c and using a gm 1 wire.

so whats the use in wasting time & money on somthing that most dont need

3 im not making a carbon fiber hood nor have i said i was making 1.

and about posting on *DMperformance.com, my last dozen or so post/replys havent showed up on that site so i just quit posting & going to it. I can do my own with the use of that site, which I am.

I'm getting quotes now for cast & fabricated aluminum rear control arms

making my own programs this week for cnc aluminum pullys also.

toyota,nissan, mitsubishi and other foreign car makers didnt just open shop over night to their product out the doors here in the U.S.A.

lots of legal red tape before they started, look how long it took them to get factories/assembly plants over here (not over night) this program started about mid year of 06 in japan. i dont know every little detail they had to translate from japanese to english for this program to start over here. i do know US lawyers & japan lawyers dont speak the same language, nor (like us on this site) agree to contracts or company liability stipulations (whatever they may be) 100% of the time. in car world talk.

if i were to install their product and this company doesnt have their liabilty

stipulations in order, and i total my car due to a "fault in design" for instance (hopefully not) they can be sued and would stand to loose a huge

amount of money.

yes it would, i would be elated to post pics of the kit. but if i did that know

everyone would be calling this company for a relase date on this program.

which i havent even been told yet. and everyone would know just by the struts alone and ther color who this company is. if this program get unplugged then i will let everyone know which company it is

yes it would, i would be elated to post pics of the kit. but if i did that know

everyone would be calling this company for a relase date on this program.

so the company would aknowkedge the interest in their product. isnt that what we want?

i am just being honest here but this smells a lot like the DOHC thing and quite a few other post that start up where guys talk big about some company they might be in contact with.......it goes for several pages and finally gets locked and nothing comes of it.

tried to post a pic, nothing happend.from what im reading on their web site, it looks like this program is just days away or is already underway.

ill give them a hollar 2mro and see what kicking on this.

if the program has started, i will post the info asap.

A blip in this months(Feb 07) Grassroots motorsports states that "TEIN can now do custom, rebuildable struts based on OE housings. Options include single- and twin-tube setups as well as threaded bodies, adjustable damping and various upper mounts."

No price estimates of course. Probably because if you need to ask you can't afford them....

ding ding ding ding: we have a winner.....

http://www.tein.com/ss1damp.html

this is what the custom kit will be based off of.

salesperson told me, expect to pay a similar price

as a 240sx kit. which is around $1700

ding ding ding show us a pic of a actual starion kit.......most, dare i say all of us aren't going to pony up $1700 for this.

this is just a random link for tien.......

is this the same company you said had all the old parts and spec from mitsubishi for the starion? the one you have been talking to......for months? :?:

for $1700 you could get four konis....and have enough left ovet to buy a parts car.....strip the shock off the parts car.....pay a machine shop to make em threaded for the konis......then put your old ones back on the parts car and resell it :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT YOU GO THAT ROUTE.......

I'm bringing a spare set of struts to tein tomorrow so we(tein & I)

can get started on the set. if anyone is interrested in a group buy "THEY"

will have to go through an authorized distributor, as you can't and tein

wont allow group buys through their US office. the custom strut program is a 1 off program, which means they will make 1, 2 at the most kits for any make model car/truck on the road today.

NOW, I HOPE THIS CLEARED UP ANY CONFUSION ANYONE HAS ABOUT THIS. IF NOT CONTACT TEIN YOURSELF AND FIND OUT THE PROGRAM SPECIFICS.

GREAT YOU GO THAT ROUTE.......

I'm bringing a spare set of struts to tein tomorrow so we(tein & I)

can get started on the set. if anyone is interrested in a group buy "THEY"

will have to go through an authorized distributor, as you can't and tein

wont allow group buys through their US office. the custom strut program is a 1 off program, which means they will make 1, 2 at the most kits for any make model car/truck on the road today.

NOW, I HOPE THIS CLEARED UP ANY CONFUSION ANYONE HAS ABOUT THIS. IF NOT CONTACT TEIN YOURSELF AND FIND OUT THE PROGRAM SPECIFICS.

thats funny you quote me a month after i post up a reply. you say tein is going to make one or two sets of starion coilovers and thats it? hahaha there some b.s.

1)who are these "authorized distributors" you are talking about?

2)who is your contact at tein that you can just walk in with some used starion part and have these "one off" parts made?

3)you act as if you are so well versed on this tein thing but you say "contact tein yourself to find out the program specifics"

every add tein has for suspension in the magazines has parts #'s,applications up the a$$,prices,distibutors etc. etc.

how can we beleive this is some "program " only you have the special knowledge off? :shock: