Kinda illegal but I want to do it...

fast89

Sup guys. I need an electrical genius. I am shooting for a way to disable all lights on the back of the car. Tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, backup lights, and license plate lights. I still want the headlights to work. The reason for this is incase someone were to be chasing me (I have no idea who!?!) I dont want them to see when I am braking, backing or see my license plate, but the headlights still working.

I am thinking I will need some kind of relay to make it reliable. I was thinking one switch for everything and one switch for just the license plate (incase I fly by someone at 130 dont want them getting my plate number) Obviously I will need a relay that cuts power to the lights all together so that the lights dont turn on when I brake.

What do you think and how should I go about doing it? I already have a button labeled "Chase Mode"

Thanks

Mark

No, I just love driving fast. My room mate and I were racing some ricer and cops started fallowing. OK chasing. He cut off his lights and made a mad dash. We got away, for 20 seconds. Long story short it was the brake lights not the tail lights that gave us away. The cop already passed us then turned around because he saw the brake lights. But he had to use them.

They let him go and were cool about it. Said we had some good moves too. :)

Mark

Just isolate your grounds for the rear lights and run switches. One for the license plate lights and one for the rest. You could even wire the l.p. switch after the main switch so when you hit the main it will kill all.

burton

Also if you still want your front turn signals to work (even though i doubt you would use them in a chase) you would need to get a electronic flasher, because even if only one bulb is not working front or rear, none of the turn signals will work for that side because of the stock flasher needs a certain load to work( had a water leak in one side that would blow at least one bulb every time it rained, but that problem has been fixed).

The electronic flasher I have for my cleared taillights with L.E.D. bulbs is a Tridon EL 12 that you can find at Advance auto for around ten bucks( not real sure on the price, its been a while).

No, I just love driving fast. My room mate and I were racing some ricer and cops started fallowing. OK chasing. He cut off his lights and made a mad dash. We got away, for 20 seconds. Long story short it was the brake lights not the tail lights that gave us away. The cop already passed us then turned around because he saw the brake lights. But he had to use them.

They let him go and were cool about it. Said we had some good moves too. :)

Mark

highly unlikely, and stop watching so much TV.

You can use your e-brake to slow/stop the car and the tail lights will not activate.  (The light switch is hooked up to the pedal)  I wouldn't really recommend running from the cops.  There is a time and a place, if you really want to race, go to a track or join SCCA.  The competition level is higher and you have a better way to gauge your performance.

Zeke

Guest c89zx7r
screw all those switchs and buy a 5 speed starquest . and learn how 2 downshift . thats what i do it also helps to have some type of smoke flare . try to be white smoke . make the cop think u took the turn there , but you really kept straight . just make sure when your racing its not clear skies . if its cloudy your fine but if you do all those light switch mods . and you lose the cop 99% chance there is a cop over you in the helicopter and those light mods aren't going to help .

Superquest,

It happened exactly how I described. Not kidding. But I dont really want to argue if it happened or not.

I have a 5 speed and can downshift to slow down but your tail lights are still on if you turn on the head lights.  I might just install really bright fog lights and wire them to work alone.

The night vision didnt provide enough resolution. Smoke flare, tire spikes, oil slick and model rocket motor powered missile are in the works. More information later.

O yeah, I have seen an old Buick with two red runners under the front bumber to look just like nightrider. They sell them at Advance, just take two and put one right side up and the other upside down. I thought it was very stupid myself. Not as cool in person. Plus that doesnt help in running from the cops.

"Hello David" Dude If you are gonna go through all that trouble just to beat civics you might as well invest in a good cloaking device... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE go race cars somewhat equal to SQs at the track and actually know how fast you're goin... insted of a cop tellin you how fast you were goin on a peice of paper or some handcuffs...

why dont you just put a toggle switch on the brake pedal switch (the one that turns on and off the brake lights when the pedal is pushed) then when necessary turn off the lights and switch the switch and thats it no more brake lights flashing on and off,

• 3 weeks later...
why are you close enough for them to get your plates? :)  didnt any body see cannon ball run 2.  after burner.  anti gravity.  submersible.  thats what you need:)  If you can drive good enough and are dumb enough to run from the cops all you need is to have your tag flip down in the back. or like the transporter flip a different tag number:)  if you are getting chased for racing civics dont worry, the civic will get caught first, unless your car breaks down.  see you on cops.

Matt,

Speaking of cops. Get on kazaa, morpheus or winmx and search for DSM police chase or eclipse chase or talon chase. There is a video of a bad a** talon running like hell from the cops. He would have made it if his car hadnt broken dow. It was stolen and he had some great moves. 120 and passing cars in the grass! Great stuff.

There is also one of a 15 year old driving a stolen M3 from the cops. He is running from a LT1 camaro cop. The cop wrecks! Great!

Mark

ive got a vid on my comp of an mid 90s vette running from the cops at 120+mph.  he weaves in and out of semis and traffic until he looses traction and side swipes a tractor trailer.  guys is thrown from the car(no belt) and the car is demolished but hes able to be cuffed and thrown in the cop car, lucky him right:).

ill keep my pursuits on need for speed where im the cop;) my clean driving record is something id like to keep;)

ive got a vid on my comp of an mid 90s vette running from the cops at 120+mph.  he weaves in and out of semis and traffic until he looses traction and side swipes a tractor trailer.  guys is thrown from the car(no belt) and the car is demolished but hes able to be cuffed and thrown in the cop car, lucky him right:).

ill keep my pursuits on need for speed where im the cop;) my clean driving record is something id like to keep;)

That was here in Arizona about 6-7 years ago, my cousin's friend is his cousin(if that makes any sense). He's a cool guy, just not that smart ;). He had a few warrants, on top of the stolen 95 Corvette. Yeah, he wrecked doing around 120-130 into the back of the semi. Which was doing a stout 25mph. He had to weave from the inside lane of two lanes to avoid the first semi, switched back again into the inside lane and tried to get back into the right/outside lane. Unfortunately for him the semi had switched lanes and bam! He oversteered and smacked the rearend of the Vette with the rear of the trailer. He flew out instantly and skipped across the dirt/brush while the Vette is spinning ferociously into utter destruction. No broken bones, or even serious cuts. Just some scrapes, and bruises. Oh, yeah he's still in jail.

John

Ya' and you can get one of those bouncy strobe things behind your front grill, and be just like David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider. :P

Hehe... I made one of those out of blue LED's, but it's only on when the alarm is armed.

-Robert

Matt,

Speaking of cops. Get on kazaa, morpheus or winmx and search for DSM police chase or eclipse chase or talon chase. There is a video of a bad a** talon running like hell from the cops. He would have made it if his car hadnt broken dow. It was stolen and he had some great moves. 120 and passing cars in the grass! Great stuff.

There is also one of a 15 year old driving a stolen M3 from the cops. He is running from a LT1 camaro cop. The cop wrecks! Great!

Mark

whats the name of the vid w the camaro ?