Affordable Coil-overs GP - Ends October 31th

artinist

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a slightly bad news. i was just made aware that the 10kg springs are not available. they had made an error since they originally looking for the wrong diameter springs.

drop me an email and let me know what you want to do. I think 3 people had ordered the heavier springs.

sorry.

artinist@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...

you will start getting tracking numbers in the mail tomorrow. i have had a few people contact me regarding who wants them sooner and who is not in a hurry so I will do my best to accomodate you guys.

depending on how far away you guys are, I will use fedex, ups, or usps. whichever is cheapest since these things are kinda heavy but they will all have tracking numbers and will be shipped insured.

sorry again about the delay, it was out of my hands.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, i had to go shopping for valentine day with your $ :)

j/k

here we go:

01- Richie-Rich  +Rear camber plates

02- chromepuff +Rear camber plates  -- SENT

03- smog +Rear camber plates

04- ESi-R  +Rear camber plates -- SENT

05- hotsam -- SENT

06- blueballer +Rear camber plates -- SENT

07- SFBMX88 +Rear camber plates -- SENT

08- N2boost +Rear camber plates -- SENT

09- Welderwiz  +Rear camber plates -- PICK UP

10- jr_ss  +Rear camber plates  

11- Oscar_the_grouch (1st set) +Rear camber plates -- PICK UP

12- Oscar_the_grouch (2nd set) +Rear camber plates -- PICK UP

13- Indiana (1st set) +Rear camber plates -- SENT

14- Indiana (2nd set) +Rear camber plates -- SENT

15- kev_rm  +Rear camber plates -- SENT

16- Zer0fist +AGX KIT

17- TorridStar Rear camber plates only -- SENT

18- Jimbotsi -- SENT

19- jason_c87tsi +Rear camber plates -- SENT

20- Billy (1st set) +Rear camber plates -- SENT

21- Billy (2nd set) -- SENT

chromepuff, your order went out a week ago and i emailed you the tracking #. i just checked and its due to be delivered today.

I will have a few sets remaining after this and i know several of you are interested. I will make a new thread for those as soon as I am done with this GP.

the kits that i sent out last week were missing a couple of washers so I sent those seperatly and you should be getting them in a couple of days.

I made a some changes to the rear camber plate kit so it is easier to install. I will update the install guide tomorrow or the next day and setup an email address just for the people who got these kits so that in case you have any questions, I can help you out quickly.

i been swamped with suspension questions lately and with all this GP stuff I have not been able to answer all of them. so if you tried to contact me i am sorry, gimmi a few days.

Slapped in those coilovers today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/sfbmx88/COlowered.jpg

I didnt even notice much clunking and the ride is better than I thought it would be.

Thanks again Art!!!! ;D

http://www.antimpower.com/misc/coiloverguide.htm

on the front:

use the 7/8" large washer on top of the spring perch.

then use the 5/8" black washer on top of that. the bearing on the factory rubber isolator sits on top of the 5/8" washer.

on the rear:

use the 1" nut as a spacer on top of the spring perch.

on top of the camber plate, use the Star locking washer, then a the flat 7/16" washer then the factory locking washer on top.

NOTE: you will notice that I have not included a rubber o-ring as in the picture on the guide. I have found that electrical tape works much better.

you should apply a few spins of it in two places on the shock housing.

one near the highest point of the sleeve and one near the lowest part. about 1/4" from the top and bottom.

put enought tape to keep the sleeve snug on the housing so it stays centered and doesnt make noise by contacting the housing. this is important.

the problem with the O-ring was that it tended to move down as you were sliding the sleeve over the housing and therefore you could only use one at the bottom. the tape is much better becuase it stays where it should, and its wider to provide more support and you can make it as thick as needed.

if you guys have any questions with installation send me an email here and i will try to answer it as soon as I can.

coilovers@earthlink.net

TorridStar, your packags is on its way. should be there mon/tue. its through the USPS.