Affordable Coil-overs GP - Ends October 31th

artinist

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the springs i highly suggest 450F/350R lbs. but i may be able to order different ones.

Art, is there anything slightly lower than those spring rates? I want something better than stock, but not anything close to autoX style springs. If I could get say 350-375F/250-275R that would still be better than stock and not as harsh as the highest spring rates you suggested. Let me know, if you can't get anything slightly softer I'm not too worried about it, I just thought that I would throw it out there...

Thanks again Art, Glenn.

ok guys, i just heard back from them about the spring rates. here is whats available:

(10kg/mm=560lbs/in)

(8kg/mm = 448lbs/in)

(6kg/mm = 335lbs/in)

unless the car is going to be raced a lot, i would suggest going with the typical 8kg/6kg

still waiting on price confirmation. I should hear from them again on wednesday morning.

hey everyone, we definetly have met the minimum of 10 and I got confirmation on the price. $250 shipped it is.

I will post info and pics of the coilovers in a minute.

I will also go ahead and check with the machine shop to do another run for the rear camber plates for those interested. these 2nd generation camber plates will be made to be easier to install since i got some feedback from the last run. I will have more info on those by tuesday.

I guess we can make the payment be due in a few weeks, the dealine is really up to you guys. how about october 10th?

let me know if i have missed anyone or have someone on the list by mistake.

01- Richie-Rich

02- chromepuff

03- Grbii87quest

04- smog

05- KO

06- ESi-R

07- MrBoost

08- phisfud

09- billhint

10- hotsam

11- blueballer

12- SFBMX88

13- N2boost

14- Welderwiz

15- crwhbo69

16- 89tsi20g

17- billy

19- jr_ss

20- mitsusqueeshee

21- grooveholmes ?maybe

22- blueballer ?maybe

23- Oscar?

Art, what do you say to having the deadline the end of Oct? I don't have the cash right now, and I wont for a few weeks. Work is slow and I have some other bills to attend to first. If it can't be done, that's fine, just give me the information as to where you purchased these, and I'll source em' from there, otherwise I'm a go for the end of Oct.

Glenn

well, i cant really do them in batches because these are heavy and shipping costs a lot.

we could either extend it another week to make it the middle of the month say october 17th. this should allowe for another pay period for most.

or we could do end of october. oct 31 is sunday. i could put the order in the monday the 1st. it takes about a week or two to get them.

Art

Any time is good for me, im just curious as to how stiff the 450/350 spring rates are for a daily driver? Any chance of getting anything a tad lighter? Can always add a heavier anti sway bar or stiffen the shock adjustment!!!

Thanx again for doing this GP

Mark

The "major modification" would be to use something like Art's kit, which I believe has some custom pieces for the front struts, and also requires some cutting and welding of the stock housings.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I added the warning to the ad so that people would not be surprised by the amount of work involved.

I should probably start a seperate thread for this; I didn't mean to hijack.