Affordable Coil-overs GP - Ends October 31th

artinist

this GP is for a set coilovers just like the ones available previsously. we need a minimum of 10 orders and that has been met.

The price is $250 and includes shipping. with rear adjustable camber plates, the total is $300.

coilover info:

http://www.antimpower.com/misc/coiloverguide.htm

camber plate info:

http://www.antimpower.com/misc/camberplateguide.htm

Payment info:

I will accept paypal OR money orders from the U.S. post office.

if you are sending instant cash through paypal, then send it to:

artinist@msn.com

if you are using a credit card through paypal, paypal charges a 3% fee so to offset this cost, add $10 to the final amount and send it to:

artinist_gp@hotmail.com

email me if you will be sending a money order so I can give you the info:

the total again is $250 for the coilover kit OR $300 for coilovers + rear camber plates

along with your payment, make sure to include the following.

- SQC username

- full name

- address

- email adress

- contact phone number

- waiver (fill out and attach it to an email and send it to artinist@earthlink.net"

- Spring rates

- camber plates Yes or No

- anything else that we may have worked out. Ex: extra springs....

The Waiver is here: Right click and save as.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/liability.doc

email me at artinist@earthlink.net if you have any questions.

also keep in mind that I will be placing the order on Novermber 1st and it will take a week or so for them to get here. they require a small amount of machining and then I will pack them with the proper washers and etc. then ship them. so in all it will probably take two weeks or so from the time I place the order until I ship them out. I will send out the tracking numbers then.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMM, TALK ABOUT FALSE ADVERTISING. it is me or this statement from their site is an oxymoron:

"Complete Kit, only $99.00 each wheel"

from dictionary.com

complete = Filled up; with no part or element lacking; free from deficiency; entire; perfect

i WOULD SAY GETTING 25% OF THE NEEDED PARTS IS SERIOUSLY LACKING FROM BEING A COMPLETE KIT.

on their advetisment i am sure it says $99 for complete kit, and there was no URL to  their site and i never saw the "per wheel" and I just contacted them with email. It didn't even cross my mind that anyone would consider selling coil-overs per wheel.

I think we need to look a little deeper into this.

Hell, if it's only $100 for all 4, I would sell my back brace and the rest of my Vicodin to buy those babies.....

I'm a little rum-dumb right now but could I use these with my factory adjustables?

You rock Art!!!!!

Turborusty

They should at least give the price for two.

No one buys just one corner unless they damaged something.

Kind of makes the GP pricing a little screwy.  Who will buy 5? ::)

$400+ is out of my range considering I have to buy new struts too.

i don't know. its like going to buy a complete set of wheels advertised for say $1000 and you find out its just one wheel.

here is the wording from the ad: "Do-It-Yourself COIL-OVER KITS $99"

good thing they dont advetise those do-it-yourself planes like that. pay $10k and take it to the garage and the "complete kit" contains just one wing.

440 freakin dollars for coilovers? there are more coilover kits for imports for $99 that can be counted and they have all 4 corners.

i could even understand per axle but per corner pricing is just below the belt if you ask me. in my email that i sent him first, i told him ground control makes a kit for us and its way overpriced at $400. so why would they turn around and say $100. did they assume that freaking ground controls are $400 per corner, so $1600??

O.k. o.k. I got it squared away.

I couldn't handle it anymore, I had to know!

I called Dave Turner Motorsports and spoke with Tim.

It is $100 per wheel for roughly $400 per car.

Hold on, that's not all. (at this point I thought he was out of his mind)

Then he proceeded to tell me that for an additional #30 per wheel you can get the locking jam nut, bolt on collar and adjusting wrench!!!

If you don't spend the extra $30, you have to have the perch welded to your housing and you don't get a jam nut or spanner wrench.

I asked him if he thought $520 for a set of coilovers was a competitive price or if they just like to gouge people with a HUGE markup.

I said I can get Ground controls for $400 and we all agree that that is a pretty high price to pay.

Then he told me that if he was to use any coilovers other than their own, he would not use the cheapo generic ones, he would use Ground Control.

I said yeah me too for $120 less than yours, you bet your a** I'd use G.C.'s too!!

Can you believe this?

Sorry guys, doesn't look like a good G.P. to me.

Thanks for doing the hard part, getting the specs and all.

It was well worth a try though Art.

Turborusty

Boy....

Talk about missleading info on on the part of Dave Turner Motorsports site !

And yes $440.00++ is just not in my book for that I'll go GC's or the other place art got for us a while back. The ones he provided with his modified struts.

But Art thanks for looking out for us.

Oscar

for the springs i highly suggest 450F/350R lbs. but i may be able to order different ones.

the other thing needed usually is to trim the lower spring perches off the stock housings to let the lower jam nut on the coilover kit to unscrew all the way down or else the car won't be more than 1" lower with them on.

and the other thing is that, they are not as quiet as the factory setup. they slight cluncking noise usually occures when driving at slow speeds over tiny quick bumps like cracks in residential roads.

This would allow me to run  a little wider wheels also right? I'm looking to get into autocross and possible difting or some scca club events. Any suggestions on a good strut to go with these?

One other thing, as long as I can use these with the race camber plates from oscar's  group purchase, put me in for a set.

If anyone has a link to a good article on suspension that I might learn a little more about coil overs, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not that educated on types of suspension and setup. I need tor ead up a bit mroe so I now what im talking about  ;D