STOCK INJECTORS LEAKING? PLEASE READ!

trilogyturbos

I came across a suplier in Brazil that has injectors that will fit on the starquest cars.

It's necessary to machine the "top hat" of the TB mixer to fit the injectors and you can use the stock or aftermarket injector clip that most of us already use. The only thing is that it's mounted up-side down. No other modification is needed.

I already received the primary injector and it flows 863cc at 43psi, very close to the stock primary. The secondary injector is on the way but I have a word that it flows 998cc at 43psi, and it's considered a 1.000cc injector, also very close to the secondary numbers.

After I receive the secondary injector I'll instal both injectors on a starquest with A/R gauge and fuel pressure gauge to make sure everything works fine.

I would like to know in REAL numbers who would be willing to buy this injectors.

Price will be $350 for both injectors, primary and secondary, and also includes the machine work on the top hat. I'll need your stock part on exchange since I only have about 10 with me.

If I can get a group buy on this price will drop to only $300.00 plus shipping; I'll be able to get a good discount on quantity.

The injectors look stock! It's just a bit longer on the bottom part (the one that goes inside the TB), but it won't cause any problems.

Only in my area there are 4 starquest cars down with injector problems and you know it's getting harder and harder to find those injectors at the junk yard, working. I have about 12 injectors 7 green and all of them are leaking; they were good before but once you put them in the car running more then 12psi of boost they start cracking.

Please post your comments.

Thanks!

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Heron,

just a question, thought the '86's had 2 850cc injectors, while the 87-89's had a primary that was 550cc and secondary which was 1080cc. just thought i would ask that question for you. really cool find if they are the right cc's also if they have the correct umbrella shaped spray pattern to work for our cars

Jason

might be interested, but i'm going to be running 2 secondary injectors with a ms ecu unit.

im interested, but cant commit to it just now, maybe after the first of the year.   if nothing else there should be an increase in flow just for the fact they are new.  our injs are quite old and you know they dont flow like they used to, even if they have been cleaned and reworked.  so even if they are a touch less cc, chances are good they will be as good or better than what many of us have.

I'm still working on the injector setup.

I just need to re-flow the stock ones to double check the #'s.

What I can say is that the new injectors have the "pintle" reworked for a awesome spray pattern. Our stock injectors just "jet" the gas and this one has a spray pattern about 5 times wider then our stock. Very good for fuel attomisation.

I'll take pictures and post everything here.

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Okay just returned from the injector shop that has new equipment and after a few hours of flowing and testing the injectors this are the real numbers I've got.

All injectors were flowed 3 times for an average.

7 stock primary injectors; all of them with a maximum difference of 10cc and flowing 600cc at 43psi

2 stock secondary injectors; flowing basicaly the same 920 cc.

So with this numbers on hand we know for sure that the maximum "cc" we've got on our cars is 1520.

After that we flowed the new injectors and the numbers are:

primary with 850 cc

secondary with 950 cc

They were flowed 3 times and we couldn't see any difference.

If we add both that is a 1800cc flow.

I can reduce the flow on the primary injector to 650 or 750cc but I want to test the 850 cc on the car first.

I'll do it so tomorrow Saturday with a customer's car.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Will swap the primary injector from the 850 to the 650cc today.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

Heron:

With the 87-89 model years, I think higher flow on the primary may not be a good thing.  It will cause the car to run rich precisely in the range where testing occurs.   For the car to be clean (smog legal), the primary has to be as close to spec as possible so the ECU can keep the car stoich through the smog testing range.

I also read up top where you said machining of the Injector/Mixer was involved.  How much?  Or, alternately, would it be possible to machine the top of the injector so it would fit a stock mixer?

i know its the holidays, but im hoping to hear more about your results of the test with the 850cc inj. soon.   im thinking i have an inj. problem and if so i will be in the market for some.      when you say the inj. is mounted upside down.  what exactly do you mean by this ?    have you gotten any pics yet?        grant.

theoretically: would you not be able to just tune the car with an safc2 to get it to pass smog?

I am about to be running a 1g mas with walbro fuel pump, wide 02, msd pressure regulator and an safc2. Do you think it would be possible to tune it to pass with the 850 primary?

.....Interested....

~Chris

Okay, good news.

I just finished testing this injectors and they act just like the stock ones or better.

As I mentioned before, I tested the primary with 850cc and the secondary 950cc and the primary turned out to be too much since the car boggs at 3 / 3.2 K rpms, exactly when the secondary injectors kicks in.

I swap the primary to a 650 cc and after driving 300 miles I got good results with fuel mileage, aceleration and boost up to 18 psi. I didn't test over 18psi since the car is not mine and it has a stock motor with a big 16G.

I filled up at 286 miles = 14.4 gallons what is 19.86 mpg.

Mixed drive city and highway, 18psi of boost and maximum speed of 130mph (a few times  ;D ). Mostly highway was 70mph.

So we have a go on the injectors!

Anyone that is interested will have to contact me directly or reply to the new post I'm opening at the FOR SALE forum.

Initial price is $300.00 for a pair of injectors, 650cc and 950cc, direct replacement for the starquest cars from 87 to 89. Shipping will be fixed at $13.50 .

Injectors will have the proper "O" rings, top and bottom for a perfect fit; 2 aluminum adaptors that will fit under the top mixer hat and 2 hex steel bots. You'll need to get a 5mm hex tool.

IT WILL NOT BE NECESSARY TO MACHINE THE TOP HAT OF THE MIXER, I CHOSE TO MACHINE THE TOP PART OF THE INJECTOR what will save time and money to everyone.

Please note that YOU WILL HAVE TO REVERSE THE WIRES AT THE INJECTOR CLIP. Why? They connect up side down if compared to our stock, so you're connecting the (-) on the (+) and vise versa. By doing so you'll loose 5% of the injector flow; so I recomend the change.

THE INJECTOR IS NOT UP SIDE DOWN it's just the connector that has the guides for the injector clip up side down.

If you have a stand alone system you WILL PROBABLY BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE PULSE ON THE PRIMARY INJECTOR FOR SMOG PURPOSES; this is if you want the 850cc.

Thanks,

Heron

Trilogy Turbos

cell 954 274-8110

shop 561 333-9130

P.S. I'm moving this Tuesday/Wednesday, so if I don't answer the phone just leave a mesage and I'll call you back as soon as I can.

Heron, I will take 2 sets, I will call you at the shop and get them by this tuesday!!THANKS ALOT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DI have been going through stock injectors for the past 6 months. They all leak sooner or later, great price!! I am not kissing up for a discount I would have paid $400 for the pair at least. Heron you are my HEROn. And no, I am not gay. ;)

Guys if I understand correctly Heron says that the INJECTOT PLUG is upside down NOT the injector itself. The Inj Plug is reversed as if compared to our inj. plugs SO...if you just install the new "HERO" Injectors and simply "FLIP" your injector plugs upside down to get them to connect you WILL loose 5% of the flow as previously stated.

Thats why the wires SHOULD be reversed so at time of connection the polarity WILL remain the same.

BTW Heron... I am so sorry I was unable to get a hold of you during my visit to Miami over the holidays but it was just plain mad with family and friends and a combined TOTAL Sleep of 24 hrs for the whole two weeks I was there  ;D.... Iwish I had found the time to go up a few miles to visit you and your shop and just catch up.

Again i appologize.

Oscar