Intake Manifolds.

turbotrep

My friend works for a formula team and makes intake manifolds for the cars so i asked him if he would be willing to make them for starquests.  He said he would and can offer 3 styles.

Square

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/663000-663999/663586_26.jpg

Slanted

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/663000-663999/663586_25.jpg

cylinder

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/663000-663999/663586_27.jpg

In Steel or aluminum. He said aluminum will cost 550 and 400 for steel.  

So far here is the list:

silverkyquest (aluminum)

AsphaltJungle (steel)

I am interested as well depending on what all is going to have to be fabbed up in order to get it up and running on a car.  I also agree with both the guys above that we probably just need a little more info on exactly how the manifold is going to be produced and what kind of tuning and research is going to be behind the making of the manifold.

David

I will see him tomarrow so i will get some more information and let you guys know as soon as i do.  This guy makes manifolds for his formula team, that is what he does for a living, does everything on computer first, does extensive tuning, and has top of the line equipment.  These will be very well made manifolds.  I will post specifics on it as soon as possible.

Hello everyone, My name is Kyle Deiwert and I am the engineer/fabricator that turbotrep is refering to. Like Jeff has mentioned, I am willing to build the manifolds for this car if I have enough orders (5 or more). As far as the questions involving research and tuning, I can ensure you that the manifolds will be top quality.

To address a few questions:

*The injector bungs will be placed on the runners at the appropriate angle

(universial injector mouth size)

*Actual runner lenghts are less important than the correct variances in the velocity stacks in the plenum, which will be tested on a flow table to yeild identical velocity for each cylinder. Runner lenght will be between 4 and 6 inches.

(Typlically with the formula style manifolds we build, tuning involves an engine dyno and runner lengths are determined my both the intake and exhaust harmonics related to the torque curve.)

*As far as plenum size/diameter, that is based on the runner diameter, which i have yet to determine, due to not measuring the heads ports.

*flange will 1/2 inch thick

*As far as vaccume ports, let me know, I will have to look into the thermostat housing, and will place it as close the the stock position as possible.

Please feel free to contact me through this website, or contact me at khd3@uakron.edu

im looking at cylinder in alum.  any chance it can have a slight bend up where the inlet is to help elim a sharp bend in piping ????  Oh and is there an advantage to steel Vs alum in the durability/longevity department, besides it won't rust ::)

This sounds very good and I know more would be interested.  But when 2 guys remaining pushing/selling/manufacturing a product are hidden in their profiles and no offer no referring websites or business address come and solicit a GP at this price with some manifolds using picture links off of car domain.com, this feels shady.  These manifold pictures are indeed beautiful and with a price like that I'm sure you eventually you will get 5 people but I'm guessing you have yet to build one for the 2.6?  Can we get some more credentials and data about the manufacturer and product other than an email address to a .edu?  This info would only increase the confidence of the buyer and help you guy out greatly.  I'm sure you don't mean to come off this way but people here have been burned on deals such as this.  I for one would love to see you guys build and sell any one of those styles intakes and get it running on a 2.6 and be able to sell it for $400-$550.  Hook us up.

As far as credentials, I build and design manifolds for formula style cars as mentioned before, as well as do the dyno tuning/testing on them and program the motec M-4/M-400 for the car.

I have never said that I am a mass manufacture, but more than willing to build a one-off  manifold for these cars. I have not yet built a manifold for the 2.6. I am a long time DSM guy, and have built plenty for that particular car.

My pricing is based off of most DSM manifolds. I have taken into consideriation the fact that many people do not have the experience, fabricating skills, or access to the proper equiptment, to produce what I can. The actual materials used are quite inexpensive. I feel that you are being ripped off by other manifold producers, and would like to produce a quality, tested product for your car at a lower price.

I can assure you that any other manifold marketed towards your car is overpriced, but see that there was a decent amount of engineering that went into them. If you would like, I could duplicate the "hurricane" style manifold and sell it for what that company would sell only the manifold for, but I would imagin that most would prefer a one-off manifold, that is of better quality and better price.

The pictures were sent by me to turbotrep to post them, and he put them in cardomain first, because that was the easiest way he knew to post them on this site.

As to Gary's post, I must give him my props for the amazing artwork and the waste of time he spent on it. *DManifolds was the name I chose after my friend had asked me to spend time on this project, so that I could answer your questions. If you Gary, would like to race or feel that your knowledge about cars, let alone race cars, is greater than mine, please by all means come to my next F3 race in europe, or perhapse you and I could go at it with my talon, from a stop or even a high way pull. I only respond to you this way due to your lack of respect for my work and engineering when you most likely have less experience that I.

I would be interested but I would like to see maybe a little more info on your background. Tell us a little more about whom you work for, maybe a site with info on your company or team? If you have access maybe a prototype would be a better idea that we could actually see on a car. There are other people offering systems that are currently running on cars and I think that makes them even more attractive to us weekend warriors that also drive our cars every week. We all know that custom parts never go on like OEM but seeing one on with throttle cable and clearance to the master brake cylinder and all the cooling hoses connected with the correct vacuum ports would let a lot of us jump on board with less fear.

Thankyou again for this offer there is not enough people like you wanting to offer quality parts for our cars.

Oh the avatar....thats not directed towards you at all!   lol.  There other things around here start with KD as well.   Call it Coincidence, really again the avatar has nothing to do with you or your manifolds.   I'll still go with you to Europe though.  Sounds like a good time.

If you can produce something similar to the "hurricane" manifold and prove that it is going to make the power that it's suppose to then you can count me in on one.  Even at half price ($500), that's still a lot of money to through around, so I am sure that everyone is going to give you a hard time until you get all the details.  I am just glad to see someone trying to help out and save us some cash and give us another option.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly you have our attention.  People will need more before putting up money at this point.  Don't mind the skeptics, that's natural until a finished product is out, about, and verified.  Then the buyers will sign.  Work on it and let us know what comes of it.  I'd love to see what you can do.    :)

-Matt

Any new developments??? i really want an aluminum cylinder style intake or anyone for the price you are saying..... let us know please don't give up on it cuz it doesn't seem like there is interest just get something in the works and people will take things more seriously, without any prototype even people here don't think s*** because so many things fall through.

Thanks -

Kyle