Update Copper Gasket GP STILL TAKING ORDERS  

Welderwiz

Welderwiz,  I removed the "step" from my Turbo flange and my Exaust housing,  I need to use 3 of the regular gaskets between the turbo and the Manifild flange...do you have a deadsoft copper gasket that could allow me to only use 1? maybe something a lttle thicker, alot of us are doing the step removal in our cars, as it leads to MAD fast spool up...my 12A hits 5 psi at 1850 rpm, nails 13 (where i have it set with the boost controller) well before 2300...it spools about 15% faster now...I want the "ease" of the single gasket (make'n sure they are lined up perfect is a PITA), and the durability of Copper...sounds like your the man to talk to..

and Thaks again for offering a product for our cars! it makes life much easier when you dont have to dig for 2 months just to find some obscure part....

Yellow_quest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellowquest

Im not sure I see the reason for three gaskets if the turbo and manifold flanges are clean and flat. I have managed to get the bolt patern punched tight tolerance so line up is no prob. I dont currently have thicker material for the purpose you state. Doesnt mean I cant do it. Lets see how many others require such a material thicknes.

Thank you for your inquiry-I'll follow up

Mark

right on welderwiz, I'm going out today to remove 2 of the 3 gaskets i have on there, if it seals up, then I'll be sending you some cash and we'll have a copper gasket for the yellow beast....

I'll have results later on if the turbo worked, i read on t-racing's sie that i needed 2 or 3 gaskets, so i just put them on there....never tried just 1 after the step removal..

Thanks again!

Yellow_quest

Yellow_quest:

Back in the summer, I had to replace my stock turbo. While I was at it, I also removed the step between the turbo and exhaust manifold. I only used 1 gasket when I put it back together. I've had 0 problems with it. I just rebuilt my motor due to a spun rod bearing and am just using 1 gasket again. What's supposed to happen if you only use 1 gasket when removing the step?

Josh

Well I picked up my copper gaskets today let me tell ya they look great!!!

I can't wait to install them.

I saw the gaskets installed on Mark's (Welderwiz) White 87 Conquest TSI,  it looks really clean and tight.

No excess  over hang  of gasket material  to cut your self on.

The set is not flimsy like the OEM gaskets (They must be three times the thickness of OEM)

Thanks Mark.... Next I have the silicone hose to look forward too!!!

I received my copper gaskets and they look really nice.

I had to look at them a couple of times.  They looked like something from a big gasket manufacturer.  There must have been a lot of time that went into making these. ;D

I can't wait to get them on my motor.....that is when I get it back from the machine shop.  :P

Rich

Metric Man and Richie Rich

Thank you very much for your positive feed back on these gaskets. They definitely are a bit time consuming but I figure in my biz if youre going to do the job, do it right.

The installed set that Metric man saw was the first set made and Kellydahman saw them and suggested I produce a few for the group to obtain. He loaned me a manifold for template purposes so I know they fit. Thanks to Kelly for that.

Hope these help you guys out.

Thanks

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Mark,

I am still interested in picking up a set of your gaskets but I have a question. Can you make the turbo-to-manifold gasket to fit a T04? Also I would not need the wastegate gasket (unless you can make it for an external wastegate) or the precat gasket (unless you wanted to make a turbo-to-downpipe flange gasket)

Sorry for all the changes an requests but "I needs what I needs"  ;D

Thanks and please let me know....

Cullen

Cullen

I could make the gaskets if I had a sample ??? I already have a 3" 3 bolt downpipe gasket if yours is like a header collector gasket. Lets see how many others would like TO4 gaskets and I will make something up. Same for external wastegate.

See what response we get here?

Mark

Mark,

If the interest is there I'm sure someone has a T4 flange that they could let you use as a template. If not, I would be willing to pick one up and send it to you to use.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort you are making....

Cullen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
: Mark Haas

The Tin Shack

1120 S. Cypress St. Unit G

La Habra,CA.    90631

Have we done business in the past?  I'll PM you.

edit: I would be interested in a set if available.  

• 1 month later...

I am going to start another run of gaskets next week so those interested please submit your orders and payments. Please let me know what size downpipe you are running so that we get the right gaskets to you.

Thanx

Mark

3 in down pipe, stock exhaust housing on the turbo.  I'll take a set

my 3in exhaust is not Kelly's it's from CNM.  I would imagine the one for Kelly's exhaust would fit.  

Sorry for not replying via PM but I hate PM 'cause it's crazy slow.  My email addy is turbo12@cox.net

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Are you still making these?? If not, do you have any left over from the previous runs??

I am looking for the exhaust manifold and the 3" downpipe gasket. Any update on the T04 gasket or external wastegate??

Thanks for your time....

Cullen

I also sent you a PM

As of Monday 06/09, I will be working on another run of these gaskets. The only variations are for the down pipe, stock vs 3". As of now I have no provision for external wastegate or other turbo housings. I will accomadate as best I can.

Thanx

Mark

PS: First come first served on orders!

• 1 month later...