Big Brakes Spacer/Brkt KIT Start a new GP ?

BIG BRAKES are BACK  :o

Hello Guys
Well I have been aproached by several of you wanting to know more info on the Big Brakes KIT available for our cars.
And recently I was asked by "DMaximum" to start a GP Post for the Addapter Brackets and Spacers that will be available from ME at a reduced cost over Precision Brakes of Oregon.

The BIG BRAKES are ONLY available for WIDE BODIED model StarQuest's and YES they WILL FIT with your OEM Wheels GUARRANTEED ! TIGHT but they WILL FIT.
"Besides is'nt this the way we like it ?"  ;D

The GP will be for the following items:
2 Caliper Brackets L/R
2 Rotor Spacers
4 Caliper Spacers
4 Caliper Bracket Spacers
2 Brake Pad Spacers
Complete Fastner KIT

Lets Start with a 30 day Deadline for 50% deposits or 6-30-03

For Photos of what you'll be getting please CLICK the link BELLOW
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oscardortega/ls...otos.yahoo.com/

To see the WHOLE KIT, Installation Progress and how it will look compared to the OEM system CLICK BELLOW.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/oscardortega/ls...kes&.view=t

To View the Installation Instructions for the KIT you can visit "Gary's" Website and look under "Precision Brakes Upgarde" Gary was one of the original members of the GP along with a selected other few. THANKS GARY for letting me use your PERSONAL Space for this. I REALLY appreciate it. THANKS AGAIN.
(You may want to take some extra time and browse the site as he has alot of usefull info there)
http://www.26liter.us/howto/

The above mentioned items OR the FULL KIT ( KIT is Still available but CANNOT guarranty for how long ) CAN be obtained DIRECTLY from Precision Brakes Company http://www.precisionbrakes.com/mitsu_starion.html for $999.00 for the KIT or aprox $550.00 for the items on this GP.

With this GP I will get a price of
- $375.00 for 2 orders  
- $350.00 for 3 to 5 orders  NOW $300.00
- $325.00 for 6 to 9 orders  NOW $275.00

Shipping will be nominal and aprox. $20.00 (+/- $5.00) to the US

NOTE: The above prices ARE NOT FIXED and can be lower, these are just figures my machine shop quoted me for a low production run. Obiously the more I make the cheaper they will come out.

So now you are asking...
  " What about the REST of the Stuff I need, you know the CALIPERS, ROTORS, BRAKE PADS AND the BRAKE LINES. Were do I get it ?

Well GOOD Question there....
I WILL provide you with ALL part numbers of all needed parts and some places were you'll be able to get them from. It will be up to you to locate your BEST DEAL on the parts. And yes you can always get them from Precision Brakes Company in Oregon. But you may locate a better deal NEAR YOU and save on Shipping.
The ONLY thing I recomend you get from Precision Brakes is the Brake Line KITS as these are SPECIALLY MADE for these KITs. But besides that you can find all the other stuff at your local RACE SHOP.

If any of you have any questions or concerns about the GP PLEASE Post or Email me oscardortega@yahoo.com and I will get your answers. Or if any of you think I missed something please let me know and I will address it personally or as a post if it pertains to the whole group.

With all said and TYPED....
Who's in ?

THE LIST

Brackets                              Brembo                           Calipers
Spacers                               Rotors                   4 Pstn $115.00ea          Brake Line KIT
Fastners                     Plain/Sloted/Crossed         6 Pstn $279.00ea            $100.00 Shipped

1- silvrstar   $ 50%            1-                                   1-                              1-
2- WHATISIT   $ Paid In Full           
3- chiplee  $ T/C                 
4- Chad  $ Paid In Full
5-                                
6-
7-

Otis (Midwest Turbo) Contacted me and quoted me a price on the calipers. As of now he WILL NEED 5 (five) Orders to offer this price on the calipers.

PS I am hoping this GP will help me come one more step closer to braking even on the out of pocket expense sustained with the development of the KIT. Last time I checked it was $1100.00 down from the original $1500.00. Every little bit helps. Why do you think the Steel Braid Lines GP's HUH Huh Huh? ;D ;D ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Distorted

Well I will love to BUT the last time and ONLY time I ran the GP for the FULL kit which was the FIRST TIME EVER offered I had trouble getting people to come up with the money, lets face it its NOT CHEAP and not all of us have A GRAND under our matresses. So I actually ended up with 6 KITS sold. That GP eneded up beeing I think $949.00 for the FULL KIT. Check the GP section it should be like the second or third page and it will be there. It was the MOST read and STILL is I THINK GO post to date.

Tell you what...

I'll make a separate LIST on the SAME Post for those that want the FULL kit.

But I have to tell you we will need AT LEAST 8 or 9 guys to get this price. I MAY "MAY" beeing the key word be able to come up with a smaller number but dont expect $100.00 less , sorry.

And this GP will go DIRECTLY through Precision Brakes in Oregon.

PLEASE keep in mind that you WILL STILL be able to get ALL the parts needed for the full kit BUT if your point is that you do not want to wait or want it all NOW then I will put you on the list and see how far it goes. I'll back you guys up...

Thanks for your interest

Oscar

OK D

I've got you down, thanks.

This part is for those of you that bought the separate parts while the ORIGINAL GP was beeing held. If you DID NOT buy ANY of the items I am offering on this GP PLEASE E-mail me ASAP if you will like to get them, I will work out something with you since you were on the original GP. This is to try to satisfy that LONG wait for the whole GP to finish. (Almsot 10 months) So I will like to work with those that SUFFERED through it with me.

Thanks

Oscar

I'm pretty impressed with that kit.  I'm even more impressed that Precision Brakes is cool with you copying the brackets they engineered and selling them.  I would have thought they'd jump down your throat for that.  Especially since it was the main source of profit for them on the first GP.  I think it's a great deal though and I'd like to be added to the list for the brackets/spacers/fasteners.  That's $125+ cheaper than they sell those parts for which is kick a**

I'm even more impressed that Precision Brakes is cool with you copying the brackets they engineered and selling them.  I would have thought they'd jump down your throat for that.  Especially since it was the main source of profit for them on the first GP.  I think it's a great deal though and I'd like to be added to the list for the brackets/spacers/fasteners.  That's $125+ cheaper than they sell those parts for which is kick a**

Chiplee...

Precision Brakes DID the KIT for ME. I asked them to design it for me BUT they wanted an additional chunk of change for the ACTUAL Drawings and the CAD probram as well as the CNC program so I just did my own with a local Machine Shop. And then just submited them for pattents. And they are pending.

Thanks for your concern BUT I am the LAST person that will like to be involved in a LEGAL battle with ANYONE.

Hello D

As a matter of fact I spent almost a week looking through catalog afetr catalog and figuring out all the little components for the bake lines for the front and I havea Parts list and source and Aeroquip is the ONLY place you can get ALL of the suplied and needed parts and my cost wich is RETAIL is the SAME as the price that Precision has them for MAYBE about $5.00 less if that !

Thats why I said that you should get them from Precision.

BUT I'll "Hit the books again" to see if I can get them any cheaper.

NO PROMISES though.

Thanks for PUSHING MORE work my way BUDDY !  ;D

I'll remember you when it comes time to ship..... ;D

I'll keep all posted

Oscar

Just in time, brother inlaw, owns LA Performance www.thelapd.com , just went direct with Wilwood, So im sure i can supply the Calipers, Oscar let me know the one you need I know the 4/6 piston, are they the superlites or what? Ill get a good price.

shahin

Well can we say

$ CHA-CHING $

Shahin you DA MAN ! ;D

OK Guys it looks like we got a WILLWOOD "Connection"

I dont think we can get a better price but YOU CAN TRY...

And YES you can use the Wilwwod 4 or 6 Piston Caliper with this set up.

Yes I said 6 Piston Caliper

You can UPGRADE to the 6 piston MONSTER with the SAME kit above, NOTHING else to buy.

Shahin ....again You Da Man.

Thanks for the hook-up

Shall we start a LIST for the Calipers here on this thread so you can keep track of who will want in on this deal ?

Let me know and I'll modify the post.

Thanks

Oscar

There's NO PROBLEM with that AT ALL.

We use a STANDARD Brake Line (-3 or 3AN )

Pedal Will be JUST a HAIR softer (VS. OEM) for the first 10% of pedal travel after that .....

Well its like HITTING A BRICK WALL.

I PERSONALLY tested this KIT for a MONTH before I actually OPENED up the GP to the club.

I was the Brake "GINNIE Pig".

Check out the original GP and you'll see the progress, all 11 months I think. There will be a post there that states....

" I will be testing and data logging the brakes and their performance over the weekend, so if no one hears from me on Monday ....well the GP is CANCELLED ! "

But I made it and with a GRIN on my face that I could NOT wipe off for a week !

TRUST ME this KIT was designed by a REPUTABLE shop that deal STRICTLY in Brake upgrades, check Precision Brakes site at the link above.

Thanks for your concerns though.

But I am still alive... ;D

Guest silverngray
Oscar, any chance of being able to have the bracket lengthened a half inch so I can run a 13inch rotor? I emailed precision and would cost me 1500 smackarrroooosss! I am getting 17inch wheels and might as well put the extra space to good use!

Heyyyyy it sounds like the e-mail I got when I got the whole thing started.... Oooooo the memories.

I dont see a problem with it BUT I will have to talk to the machine shop to see how much it will be to redo the programs and the plans from the originals and make the bigger brackets.

Also I have NO CLUE what rotor part number to give you for the 13" rotors...

So you'll be on your own on that end...

I'll get back to you.

Oscar

Import can many of us afford a $900.00 Rear Brake System ?

I SURE CANT.... :(

But to be honest with you all you need is a GOOD set of OEM size rotors Slooted and /or Cross drilled and a GOOD set of pads like Carbon Kevlar's and steel braid lines.

That's what I'm running on the rear.

And NO COMPLAINTS....

Besides it was hard and difficult enough to get guys to commit the original $949.00 for the fronts I cant see too much interest in the rears though.

BUT if you want them.... I can look into it for you but you will not like the outcome as I will HAVE to pass along the Design time and CNC Programing fees to you along with the KIT's price.

So..... should I get you a QUOTE ..... ;D

OK Guys

I just got of the phone with DOOMID and we talked about the possibility of getting the ROTORS and CALIPERS through him. I am in the process of getting all the part numbers and I will working with him on availability and pricing.

We may be able to offer the FULL KIT after all.

And YES I am working on getting the part lists and numbers for the FRONT Brake lines.

Stay tunned and keep your ears open.

I will be starting a MAILING LIST for ALL of you who will be INTERESTED in staying informed of ANY LAST MINUTE news on the developement of this GP and NOT worry about missing a post or a reply.

ALL you need to do is E-mail me oscardortega@yahoo.com so I can use the address you suply me with and use it for the mailing list.

Thanks again

Oscar

Damn you people...... I want this kit so bad but don't have the funds to do it right now.... Do they take monthly payments? lol Hey Oscar thanks for that ss braided turbo oil line. It's great. One other thing do you think you'll be doing another one of these Gps down the road? I'd love to have one just don't the dough. Glenn

Hello Glen...

GLAD to hear you're satisfied with the Oil line, It means alot to me, SERIOUSLY

I'll take Monthly Payments from YOU .... ;D

Or Lay a way.

Your funds will be FDIC Insured by "Grouch Investment Group"

And are deposited in my personal "Grouch Bank of Sesame Street"

Let me know if you'll like to receive a "Grouch" application !

Oscar

OK Guys

DOOMID has already gotten some prices of the Willwood calipers used on our KIT.

He will get prices for the Brembo Rotors as soon as I get him the Part numbers which I will get to him in a few hours.

PLASE go to the FIRST and ORIGINAL POST on this thread for Prices.

E-mail me to be placed on that list.

We may be looking at a full KIT real soon CURTESY of Shahin

Thanks

Oscar

Guest silverngray

Yeah that was me! That was my biggest drawback with the original. What really put it off was the fact that my computer died! I am, the king of procrastination, tookme awhile to get off my butt and buy another.

Waiting with baited breath!

Well thanks Oscar... Umm just another question have you or are you going to do ss brake lines? or would it be cheaper if i bought them from some corp? I just need the rear if i'm going to take an application.....LOL