Rear Air Diffusers!!!!

got_obrut

I am part owner of a business that specializes in functional rear air diffusers for cars.  We are a brand new company and only have diffusers available for Mustangs, but since I just bought a '87 Starion I want to make a template for the Starions/Conquests.  I was hoping someone could tell me is there is any difference in the rear underbody of the Starion and Conquest between 1984(first year?) and 1989 (last year?).  Also I would like to get an idea of how many people want one as well.  They will sell for around $249 bare aluminum.  We have a $30 discount right now!!!  They look great, and I can't wait to make one for my Star!  Let me know!

Here is our web page:  The pics are of the first prototype, the pics for the final one is getting developed and will be on there end of this week.

www.dynamicdiffusertechnologies.com

-Daniel

'87 Starion ESI-R/'97 Neon ACR

(407) 748-0941

Tallhassee, FL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be hot, we've put a lot of work into that Stang.  I don't think I'll ever trade the rims on my Star, they are real unique...the only other car I've seen rims like that are on some of the little hot wheels...  8)  

If we have more replies we will start on a template for the Starions/Conquests sometime next week.  So, after the wind tunnel test and final adjustments they will be up and selling mid June.  And I will see on giving a special discount for members of this forum.

Hey i could possibly be interested..i would like to see the product on your car first though...

BTW...how about a package deal with a front adjustable splitter(adjustments out of site inside the airdam)

That diffuser looks good on that cobra. It looks nice but fairly discreet (thats the way most of us like improvements to our starquests)

Good luck on your new company

Monty

That front splitter is a great idea and will be on the backburner for now seeing as we are developing for 4 different cars right now.  The other owners and I really like that idea.  I know about discrete mods...My last car was a '97 neon ACR pulling 14.2 1/4 ET and the only external mod I made was nice clean projectors.  No rice here.  

I am very happy with the responce so far so we will start development on the diffuser right away.  My guess is we will have the final product for sale in about a month to a month 1/2.

*If you gather a group buy of 10 or more then I will hook you guys up real well.  I have this post in the items for sale and they were asking about group buys.  

I will work on getting a picture as soon as possible.

Daniel,

Interesting product, very original.  I would be interested as well, would like to see pics as well.

Disregard CHC, he's a little tender right now.

Take care

Shawn

No, I am warning him of people like you that make something better and new to waatch his back, cause people like you  like to make personal attacks.

Please excuse my ignorance but, what is the purpose of a rear air diffuser???

-Tim

it is supposed to straighen out the air that is coming from under the car. In high speed applications, it will create a low pressure area behind the car and actually "suck" the air from under the car helpng create downforce.

On a street car, its for nothing but looks.

CHC, you know your stuff.  If you have any more questions there is a link off my site: www.dynamicdiffusertechnologies.com under "links" called:

What is a Diffuser?  by: Michael J. Fuller

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/diffuser.htm

Check it out.  I am starting on the template tomorrow and I will keep you guys updated.  Thanks for your imput guys, and keep it rollin...

got_obrut

You seem to have a nice piece of metal there...

I am definatelly in for the look of it but I have to be honest I dont see MANY of us taking FULL Advantage of the difusser's FULL ability.

But if the final product looks good as a nice discrete add on then I'll jump on the wagon !

Oscar

I dunno, do you drive 100 plus on the street? thats about the speed where they start to kick in.

Yep ;D....but on desolete untraveled roads only or when someone needs to be shut up...but keep in mind unless you have a rear spoiler that is a barn door and at a 45 degree angle it doesnt do much til a 100 or so either.

Take it easy

Monty

The first design, the one you see on our site, was designed for looks and is not functional.  The functional one for the mustang is finishing today and will posted on the site hopefully no later then tomorrow.  We thought it would appeal to a larger audience if we made something that looked good and would perform too.  And I think a little personal pride in our product wouldn't let us sell it without knowing it does well in the wind tunnel.  Not sure at what speed it will be totaly affective yet, wind tunnel test is Saturday or Monday on the functional Mustang Diffuser. Personally, I'm in it for the looks and who wouldn't brag about it being functional?  Not like most of those spoilers out there that don't do anything just look good and occasionally cook a hot dog on?  Me and my old roomate tried that once...  

Do you think this wing will help the functionality at lower speeds???  ;D http://www.pbase.com/gone_turbo/rice  <--- click on the first picture

I like this idea, It will cover that ugly a** gas tank up, but not only that how many cars around the street do you see with that? it would be original, and not like every aftermarket spoiler everyone buys. I'll be one of the ten to purchase this, but discret and functional it must be.

the a** end of our car is certainly lacking something.  I'm not sure if this is it but I'm dying to see how it looks.  Also, I've never been a stang guy but man when they're done right they look mean as hell.  And this one is done right, IMO.  Nice work

http://www.dynamicdiffusertechnologies.com/images/165575_401_full.jpg

I have a carbon fiber cover over my gas tank right now, does look a little better, but i have been waiting forever for a diffuser for our cars.

I am going over 100mph quite often, so i can justify the performance of it.

I'm in for sure. Just must see pics of finished product. It outta dress up the back really nice too, and go with my 3 piece spoiler from new zealand ;D

keep us updated.

peace,

kevin

I like this idea, It will cover that ugly tail gas tank up, but not only that how many cars around the street do you see with that? it would be original, and not like every aftermarket spoiler everyone buys. I'll be one of the ten to purchase this, but discret and functional it must be.

The end of that sounds like Yoda.....