Aussie MPI GP (latest from Glen)

chiplee

Hello Chip

This may be a dumb question but what is ICQ ???? ???

I may know what it is but I dont recongnize the acronim...

Hey Oscar check out www.icq.com for more info, but in short: it is a easy to use chatprogram its kinda like windows messanger.............

Hope that helps a bit!

David Schouenborg (Denmark)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey chip,  I am looking at purchasing one of glen's intakes, but don't know how to go about it.  I saw on another site were someone was putting a kit together with the intake and a control unit. I believe the control unit was called Hawk.  I can't find that link or the site to safe my life! Do the injectors come with the intake?  Anyway, you seemed like the person to go to.  It is most likely to late to get in on the GP, I'm not to worried about GP price, or if you could give me Glen's email, that would be good too.  Can't wait to get some feedback from the guys after install.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Frank

Hey chip,  I am looking at purchasing one of glen's intakes, but don't know how to go about it.  I saw on another site were someone was putting a kit together with the intake and a control unit. I believe the control unit was called Hawk.  I can't find that link or the site to safe my life! Do the injectors come with the intake?  Anyway, you seemed like the person to go to.  It is most likely to late to get in on the GP, I'm not to worried about GP price, or if you could give me Glen's email, that would be good too.  Can't wait to get some feedback from the guys after install.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Frank

If by "putting together" you mean installing, I would think you're talking about me, but I'm not sure.  Either way here's the info I have up about my install http://www.geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/mpigp.html.  As for the injectors, you could have the stock magna injectors if you wanted them but they wouldn't do you much good.  I payed $125 each for 720cc bosch injectors.  The sds guys found some alot cheaper somewhere.  You'll find this to be the absolute least expensive way to upgrade to MPI on a 2.6.  Management is your choice but I'm starting to wish I'd gone the extra mile for the autronic system because of it's autotune feature.  You'll find Glen's email address under "supplier" at my site.

If you prepay before the end of the month or so you shouldn't have any trouble.  Tell him Chip Fowler mentioned something about GP pricing if we prepay before the end of this month, or declare your willingness to do so, and since there's been so little interest in prepaying as a group you should be fine.

So I'd need to prepay $385?  Is there another way to make the transaction than Paypal or is that our only choice?  Also,  I know its asking alot but what else would I need to start looking for so this doesn't collect dust in my room?  Would I be set for a 17C with 550cc injectors?

sup, you are pretty much safe running 550's, 550's come stock on my mkiv supra and

i've taken it as well as other people to more than 450rwhp( to wheels), so you

got plenty of room  ;D, just make sure you get some good quality injectors and

wide band o2 sensor, go to my website and take a look at it, it helps in tuning

your car a lot plus it gives you datta-logging feature so you can record your runs

and see where exactly add or subtract fuel, the one i got (FJO) plugs directly to

AEM's computer too so you can do automapping of air/fuel ratios, i'm using my

wide band o2 sensor in my supra for now to tune my safc with my big single

and 720's injectors, when i started first tuning at full boost i had 10.00 on my read out-ouch way too rich, so i got it now to safe 11.8-12.0 at full boost- i did tuning at

18 psi, once i get my intake  ??? and possibly race AEM PEMS for my Quest i'll just

transfer my wbo2 over, can't wait to get my intake, Glen said- it's going out in 5 days, that was about a month ago  ???, anybody has phone number to Bill Dermota?

i sent him email but want to talk to him too, if anybody has any questions-shoot it,

rob NJ.

Hey Rob.  Make note to the fact that when you say you have 550's in your supra that you have 6 of them thats 3300 CC total fuel supply bit when in a 4 Cyl. you have only 2200 cc's of fuel and that is not enuf for 400 RWHP safely.  I will give you my # on your next email I send you.

Bill ;D

sup Bill, true true what you wrote, but i'm not sure if 17 can produce anything near

400 hp  ;D, myself going with 720's but i got 20g, shoot me an email anytime or call my cell 908-447-8809, rob NJ.

I am using 75lb holley FI.

going off of what Bill said about 4 vs 6 FI....550's would suit up to maybe a super 16G but after that the 650 and 720 would fill the needs for the larger turbos.

I know Frank was way  maxed out on his 20G MPI set up running 550's. He was at 325 RWHP.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Haltech E11 has hit the market as well. I have an E6k (and I've setup one before, im not done buying parts for my car yet), and I LOVE them.

The E11 has halwin (looks like the E6k will too shortly after the E11 hits main stream).

Joel

Just to through in my 2cents.. My 50lb injectors are hitting 100% by 5,500 rpm with 16 psi using a S16G.  I dynoed 212 at the wheels.

When I run 10psi they're just hitting 80% at 6,000 rpm.

Now I wished I'd bought the 72lb injectors.

Later Ron

hmm.............., E11 looks good so far, here are some specs i found on Haltech's

forums :

Basic Specs of the E11

* Full 32 bit system

* Comes with mil-spec wiring

* Halwin3 Windows based programming software only - there will be no DOS version.

* Enough drivers to run a V8 with sequential injection AND direct fire ignition. 6-cylinder sequential injection with 6-coil sequential direct fire ignition is no problem.

* Individual injector and ignition trims

* On-board wide band control.

* CAN support

* Injection time down to 0.004ms , ignition timing down to 0.1 degrees.

* Variable load and rpm points. 32x32.

* Full 720 degree phase timing control of injectors with choice of End or Start of Injection.

* TPS, 1,2,3,5 Bar MAP, Air Flow Meter all available as load inputs.

* Advanced throttle pump control, fully mappable.

* Built in firmware update facility and full diagnostics even for the trigger.

* Idle control has a tonne more features.

* 3-rotor AND 4-rotor full support. The 20B is completely covered and will run staged and sequential injection along with 6-coil direct fire ignition with full 32x32 map for trail split timing control.

* Those of you with a rotary, the Oil Metering Pump is supported and allows mapping of the oil injection system !

* Dual on-board maps are directly supported.

* On board datalogging. No need for a laptop to be connected to do datalogging. Log rate up to 250 samples per second !!!

* Boost control is 3D mappable.

* Many more trigger systems covered, with an updated internal RA system as well. Motronic support built in.

* 5x Digital Inputs , 4x dedicated PWM with spare outputs available, 2x AuxOuts , 8x Spare A/D inputs.

* Software comes on CD and manual comes in PDF format.

* Many more features to come in future as firmware updates.

-----

* No, you cannot upgrade your E6K to E11

* No, the connector is not the same. E11 uses two connectors.

* No, there are no trade-ins.

* Sensors are the same , but the connector pack may change

Bill_TSG shoot me email with some pricing on it please, rob NJ.

I will check on the e11 stuff but it will be a week or to I just came back from Cleveland Ohio.  2 days training on the new Accell DFI gen 7 system.  I am now a certified engine management installation center ( EMIC ) as they call us.  Sweet stuff but I still like my haltech.  but at least I got to talk  with some engineers that no more than I do that could teach me some new things unlike the other tech lines of manufacturers that cant help much cause they dont no anymore then i do.  

NEWS Flash I now have direct access to ACCELL Injectors from Accell.  These are new and balanced +/- 1.5 %  .   83 and 72 LBS hour injectors $400.00 per set of 4

including shipping.  Smaller injectors are available at a lesser cost. email for details.

BIll

• 6 months later...