Custom Aluminum Driveshafts..

Ben_D

I would definitely be interested, but as many others have said, I want stronger u joints. The only problem I see is that a custom rear yoke would have to be made or the stock one machined somehow, definitely increasing cost. Keep me informed.

I would definitely be interested, but as many others have said, I want stronger u joints. The only problem I see is that a custom rear yoke would have to be made or the stock one machined somehow, definitely increasing cost. Keep me informed.

I want and drive shaft will BOTH new stronger U-joints..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I would be interested in a carbon-fiber drive shaft. If only aluminum is available, I'd go that way...Please keep me on your list! has there been any updates? Many thanks! -Howard Dreispan, The Starion/Conquest Group.

1989 Starion, loaded with HKS, etc.

• 3 months later...

http://www.cannonengineering.com/

these guys will do aluminum ones for about $300 using the stock yolk and they install heavy duty joints. there are NO vibration issue with aluminum as was mentioned above. the issue with aluminum is the diameter of the piping used has to be slightly larger than the steel factory one and that sometimes causes clearance issues on some cars, if the driveshaft is long such as the one on the 3000GT. in those cases, the carbon fiber works great but it costs a lot. if aluminum works, there is no reason get carbonfiber.

• 2 years later...
dam it! i was into it untill i saw bad2thebone's name posting and then i automaticaly knew it was an old thread. Always makes em laugh tho so i dont care.

dam it! i was into it untill i saw bad2thebone's name posting and then i automaticaly knew it was an old thread. Always makes em laugh tho so i dont care.

Yeah ive noticed the trend badTotheBone = old post warning :roll:

• 1 month later...
So uhhh...Yea the aluminum looks good uhhh...carbon fiber...thats strong stuff...so uhhh...so I'm in for the carbon fiber...yeah just uhhh...let me know how much shipped for uhh, the carbon fiber

Art,

Howard is still alive and well... he practically bleeds Mitsubishi red these days! Still has his '89 TSi in black and a new '05 Evo MR in gray. He lives 15 minutes from me.

Dan

hmm, i had no idea Howard Dreispan was on this board. i still have pics of his car back from around 1994 before the internet when he had that starion club going on.