Help!! Instant Milkshake after rebuild. What did I or the machine shop miss?

Hi yall,  I hope someone can point out some areas to look at.  Basically sent to machine shop. They supposedly tested everthing milled where needed etc.  Got back a short block with Wiseco forged pistons, installed the balance shaft elimination kit and plugged the gallery.  On the head, minor porting and replaced eliminated the jet valves. 

Now..  motor starts and sounds great but instant Milkshake and a lot.  Like a missing plug or incorrect hose hookup.  Have gone thru and had a buddy that works as a mechanic come over to confirm.  We can't isolate the issue. 

Basically no mix unless motor is funning.  Coolant system. Holds pressure no leaks.  Compression and leak down rule out not a head gasket. 

So basically, I'm down to something to do with possibly the front cover?  We both came to conclusion motor will have to come back out and be torn down again and I'm oh so bothered.  Haha while digging into it.  Anything that I need to be looking for?  Anyone else have a similar issue right after rebuild? Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.  We just can't find any leaks with air.  Its only missing when running.  Not under pressure so it's all internal whatever the issue is. 

Exactly... Basically immediate milkshake like a galley is open someplace.  However when placing coolant under pressure there are ko leaks.  It holds pressure.  Also all cylinders hold pressure so it isn't a combustion issue.  My thoughts are front cover someplace.  I just don't know what or remember what other areas would see the volume of mix it is significant and immediate.  Engine runs and sound great but just the instant Milkshake.  I was hoping someone Mike have some pointers on areas to look.   

You can remove oil pan, valve cover.  Pressure test cooling system,   Is there any  oil in the coolant?  Is it burning coolant  out exhaust also?.    Was block magnafluxed for cracks?       Front cover area  can be suspect,  the throttle body/ intake has coolant running through it.  only a few areas where coolant can leak into oil.

Dad

Thanks Dad,  I think I found the problem..... Kind of ticked that the machine shop did not catch this when they went thru the block and head.  Looks to me like a pretty bad crack internal as this bolt was coated when I pulled off the valve train. The rest were all dry.  I'll make a closer inspection later today.  If I'm looking at a new head any recommendations?  Doesn't anyone make a performance aftermarket head for the 4g54?  I'll definately get something without the jet valves. 

20240205_170846 (2).jpg

I would look very close at the block where that stud threads in. There is a known issue where some blocks will crack. It usually starts at the threads. Magnaflux 100% should have caught that though. Also possible that it could be the head. I have never seen that before, but possible. When it was ported you didn't happen to get into a cooling jacket did you?