Father's Day Car Show Photo dump ...

techboy

Well I wish my build thread still existed b/c I'd point you there. But I pretty did what you said. Pulled the engine, stripped the bay of everything.  Had the car shot and then as I was putting it back together I rebuilt everything that could be rebuilt. Painted or powdercoated along the way and maybe the best kept secret .... replaced all the hardware.  Some people clean and re-zinc theirs ... I was lazy. Just bought all new. Mostly 10, 12 and 14mm. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, techboy said:

Well I wish my build thread still existed b/c I'd point you there. But I pretty did what you said. Pulled the engine, stripped the bay of everything.  Had the car shot and then as I was putting it back together I rebuilt everything that could be rebuilt. Painted or powdercoated along the way and maybe the best kept secret .... replaced all the hardware.  Some people clean and re-zinc theirs ... I was lazy. Just bought all new. Mostly 10, 12 and 14mm. 

That thing looks immaculate. How long have you owned it? If I keep the g54 in here I will definitely be ditching the factory plastic and fabbing up some aluminum or stainless charge piping 

I bought the car in 2010 as a rolling shell. I spent from 2010 -16 restoring it. It took about 3 cars and a ton of help and parts from people on here to make this one.  I could create a long of usernames on here that contributed in some manner.  StarquestRescue (John) being one of the biggest for giving me a roof!!

The first few pages of my Resto thread still exist if you go to the Restoration forum if your interested.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:36 PM, techboy said:

I bought the car in 2010 as a rolling shell. I spent from 2010 -16 restoring it. It took about 3 cars and a ton of help and parts from people on here to make this one.  I could create a long of usernames on here that contributed in some manner.  StarquestRescue (John) being one of the biggest for giving me a roof!!

The first few pages of my Resto thread still exist if you go to the Restoration forum if your interested.

Most definitely will look for it!