You leave for 15 years and the place falls apart.

SQF

Hey there.  Just popped onto the site to lurk as I do a time or two every year and got caught up.  Figured I’d post to say hi and catch up.  Can’t recall the last time I posted.  I retired from the PD in 2019.  Great career, 21 years total 17 in special operations between Bomb, Swat, K9. I unwittingly retired right before all hell broke loose.  No regrets there! I work still, got a sweet job with a company that builds cell towers.   Family is great.  2 kids are out of the house, 3 left at home for a bit.  We were supposed to go to Ireland in 2021 for our 25th Anniversary, and we’ll you know how that went.  Current cars include a Land Rover LR4, BMW Z4, pickup, motorcycle, I bought an 06 Mini 5speed a few months back to have something fun for winter months when the nice cars are in storage.  The Mini is fun as hell.  Still have a mint 89 Quest hood complete with heat shields hanging in my shop! 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:15 AM, SQF said:

Hey there.  Just popped onto the site to lurk as I do a time or two every year and got caught up.  Figured I’d post to say hi and catch up.  Can’t recall the last time I posted.  I retired from the PD in 2019.  Great career, 21 years total 17 in special operations between Bomb, Swat, K9. I unwittingly retired right before all hell broke loose.  No regrets there! I work still, got a sweet job with a company that builds cell towers.   Family is great.  2 kids are out of the house, 3 left at home for a bit.  We were supposed to go to Ireland in 2021 for our 25th Anniversary, and we’ll you know how that went.  Current cars include a Land Rover LR4, BMW Z4, pickup, motorcycle, I bought an 06 Mini 5speed a few months back to have something fun for winter months when the nice cars are in storage.  The Mini is fun as hell.  Still have a mint 89 Quest hood complete with heat shields hanging in my shop! 

There's a blast from the past!! It definitely isn't what it used to be around here, but a lot of us are still here at varying degrees. 

Sounds like you got our right before the insane became the new cool. Glad to hear all is going well!